Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.

Love Languages assessment

05/12/2012 new
Has anyone ever done these assessments for singles, couples, and apologies? It is pretty interesting in assessing how you respond to actions vs. words.

www.5lovelanguages.com
05/12/2012 new
www.5lovelanguages.com

here is a link to the different actual languages
05/12/2012 new

Hi, Meesch. I went ahead and clicked on the link you provided and did the 'singles' assesment. I didn't like it! It felt like 'me, me, me, me me'. I was probably expecting more eveness in questions about giving and recieving affection, but it was all in receiving, and mention of gifts was awfully frequent.

Did you do that one?

05/12/2012 new
(Quote) Suzanne-844560 said: Hi, Meesch. I went ahead and clicked on the link you provided and did the 'singles' assesment. I di...
(Quote) Suzanne-844560 said:

Hi, Meesch. I went ahead and clicked on the link you provided and did the 'singles' assesment. I didn't like it! It felt like 'me, me, me, me me'. I was probably expecting more eveness in questions about giving and recieving affection, but it was all in receiving, and mention of gifts was awfully frequent.

Did you do that one?

--hide--

I did, and the quiz is designed in showing you how you give AND receive affection best and most efficiently. Did you check out the explanations as well?
05/12/2012 new
I read this book shortly after my divorce and loved it! I doubt my ex would have read it or gotten anything from it, but it opened my eyes to see that after 28 yrs my "needs" were never addressed, and although idk what his were, I feel his were or I at least tried everything to make it work. I feel if my "needs" were met or at least an attempt to meet them, our relationship would have at least shown effort from his end, and I didnt see any. I guess I'm saying that next time around I'll be sure my s.o. Will read it. I do know a few pre canna programs that use it as a tool. Love it!
05/12/2012 new
I own the 5 Love Languages book.

I had never heard of the Apology Language though.

My Apology Language is:

5 Expressing Regret

5 Genuinely Repenting

5 Making Restitution

3 Accepting Responsibility

2 Requesting Forgiveness
05/12/2012 new

(Quote) Meesch-691047 said: I did, and the quiz is designed in showing you how you give AND receive affection best and most...
(Quote) Meesch-691047 said:

I did, and the quiz is designed in showing you how you give AND receive affection best and most efficiently. Did you check out the explanations as well?
--hide--

Yes I did, and every question had to do with receiving, not giving.

05/13/2012 new

I own the book.. My primary Love anguage is Affirmative Words with Physical Touch a close second.. This made a lot of sense to me because I have always felt more accepted when there is verbal affirmation of interest.. If that verbal affirmation is lacking I am a mess of anxiety.

05/13/2012 new
My primary love language is receiving gifts...no it does not mean I am materialistic but I tend to buy things that are small for others to show them I care. If I am somewhere & I see something that strikes me as something a friend would like I usually buy it right away & then find a reason to give the gift.....kind of like St Therese the Little Flower. Little things in life make me happy... heart
05/13/2012 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I own the book.. My primary Love anguage is Affirmative Words with Physical Touch a close second.. This made a l...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I own the book.. My primary Love anguage is Affirmative Words with Physical Touch a close second.. This made a lot of sense to me because I have always felt more accepted when there is verbal affirmation of interest.. If that verbal affirmation is lacking I am a mess of anxiety.

--hide--

I love how only women have responded to this post so far LOL

I apparently have 3 primary languages...and it depends on my mood as to which one is the PRIMARY. What that means... I'm very loving and flexible at the same time?
Posts 1 - 10 of 19