Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

RIP Junior Seau

05/13/2012 new

Houston Texans should be a front runner for the AFC Championship this year if they stay healthy? Added alot of depth in the draft.

05/13/2012 new

(Quote) Ernie-541820 said: Houston Texans should be a front runner for the AFC Championship this year if they stay healthy? ...
(Quote) Ernie-541820 said:

Houston Texans should be a front runner for the AFC Championship this year if they stay healthy? Added alot of depth in the draft.

--hide--

Ernie,

I can't wait for the Texan's season to begin. Barring serious injuries to key players, I firmly believe this is going to be our Super Bowl year.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

05/15/2012 new

I guess only people from Texas take football seriously around here ;-) Came across this article and found it pretty fascinating with respect to the strengths/weaknesses of various NFL divisions:

www.bloggingtheboys.com

I'm obviously a Cowboy homer, but the analysis was still nicely done. Also, being a big geek, I really liked the way they broke down the various rounds of the draft and their relative contribution to teams historically (this was to keep everyone in Cowboy nation from thinking we have the best draft class ever):

www.bloggingtheboys.com

Pax Christi,

Alfredo

05/15/2012 new

(Quote) Ernie-541820 said: Houston Texans should be a front runner for the AFC Championship this year if they stay healthy? ...
(Quote) Ernie-541820 said:

--hide--

I agree, though I'm still puzzled by their trade of Demeco Ryans to the Eagles. Demeco was the heart and soul of that defense and is, in my opinion, a MUCH larger loss than Mario Williams.

05/15/2012 new

Looking forward to another season with DA SAINTS.......

youtu.be

WHO DAT

05/15/2012 new

(Quote) Alfredo-765787 said: (Quote) Ernie-541820 said: Houston Texans should be a front runner for t...
(Quote) Alfredo-765787 said:

Quote:
Ernie-541820 said:

I agree, though I'm still puzzled by their trade of Demeco Ryans to the Eagles. Demeco was the heart and soul of that defense and is, in my opinion, a MUCH larger loss than Mario Williams.

--hide--

Alfredo,

Bob McNair, owner of the Texans has no desire to be break the bank to keep the team together. He allowed the entire right side of our starting offensive line to leave. He and the coaching staff believe there are other players that can pick up the slack. That was so evident last season. How many teams have ever made the playoffs with a third string quarterback...... and probably if not for Jacoby Jones (thank God he is gone) could have beaten the Ravens in the playoffs. When Mario Williams was injured and out for the year, others stepped up. I feel we had a good draft and I know our coaching staff will find suitable replacements to fill any pressing needs.

Just my opinion.

Let it be known though, I do like the Cowboys. Always have unless they played the Oilers or Texans. I do feel however, the Cowboys will never go to the Super Bowl with Tony Romo at quarterback..........and I hope one day I am very wrong on that statement.

I pray one day to watch a Cowboys vs. Texans Super Bowl.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

05/15/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: http://yo...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Looking forward to another season with DA SAINTS.......

youtu.be

WHO DAT

--hide--

Deborah,

With all the off season turmoil, a transient coaching staff and players either suspended for all or parts of the season, I feel the Saints are in for a tough ride. Their offense is still strong but the defense now suspect. Plus, that defense will be under the microscope of the officials and the league office all season.

Just my opinion.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

05/15/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Deborah,With all the off season turmoil, a transient coaching staff and players ei...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Deborah,

With all the off season turmoil, a transient coaching staff and players either suspended for all or parts of the season, I feel the Saints are in for a tough ride. Their offense is still strong but the defense now suspect. Plus, that defense will be under the microscope of the officials and the league office all season.

Just my opinion.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Yes Leon what you say is true. hug The indomitable spirit of the players, the fans and of New Orleans that has always prevailed will see them through to better days. You won't see any heads hanging in shame amongst the fans over what has happened and this is not to say that what happened is insignificant or trivial, but I know that the attitude of the players, the fans and New Orleans will be Upward and Onward. Cindy could speak of this better than I am trying to do.

I heartbeat The Saints!

05/15/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Deborah,With all the off seaso...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Deborah,

Just my opinion.

Blessings,

Leon

Yes Leon what you say is true. The indomitable spirit of the players, the fans and of New Orleans that has always prevailed will see them through to better days. You won't see any heads hanging in shame amongst the fans over what has happened and this is not to say that what happened is insignificant or trivial, but I know that the attitude of the players, the fans and New Orleans will be Upward and Onward. Cindy could speak of this better than I am trying to do.

I The Saints!

--hide--

Deborah,

I agree with you and feel the Saints fans will be as enthusiastic as ever. I love sports fans whose allegience goes beyond the wins and losses.

In my opinion, I feel other teams are guilty of the same things as a few of the Saint's defensive players. The thing is - they got caught and the owner, head coach, other coaches and some players lied to the NFL Commissioner. I feel if they would have admitted to their wrongdoing right away, the Commissioner would have been a little more lenient. Just my opinion. Michael Vick also lied to the Commisioner and it got him incarcerated.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Posts 1 - 10 of 71