Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

09/20/2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Jerry, This is a perfect example of how one processes grief. For your dad, ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Jerry,

This is a perfect example of how one processes grief. For your dad, it was praying the Rosary. (kind of like a remembrance to your mom) I'm sure he felt very close to her when praying the Rosary. His keeping the wedding band on was just another bond between them that couldn't be broken. (even in death) His children were also a bond, or connection to your beloved mother. Sounds like he was a very blessed and loved man.

P.S. I bet your mom and dad are now praying the Rosary together again. I would also bet that they include their wonderful children in that Rosary. They are now resting in Our Lords arms and looking down on their family and saying....we did good!!!!

God bless you and yours, Jerry.

--hide--

Your comments made me cry...not in a bad way. I mis-carried a baby a year before Andrew was born. I suspect Andrew has met his sibling I never met now. It is bittersweet thinking about that tonight..... rose
09/20/2012 new

One of the things I did to embrace my grief was listen to Sand and Water by Mary Chapin Carpenter. The song talks about her son wearing her husband's smile. The words made me cry like crazy, but it described perfectly what it felt like. I was reminded of this when Jerry talked about his mother living on through her children and what a comfort that was for his dad. It's so true. I found that in my own children. I still do. I have one that is 100% her dad's personality, but looks like me. The other is the spitting image of his dad and has my personality. There is no doubt Bob is alive in this household!

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Jerry, This is a perfect example of how one processes grief. For your dad, it ...

Hi Jerry,

This is a perfect example of how one processes grief. For your dad, it was praying the Rosary. (kind of like a remembrance to your mom) I'm sure he felt very close to her when praying the Rosary. His keeping the wedding band on was just another bond between them that couldn't be broken. (even in death) His children were also a bond, or connection to your beloved mother. Sounds like he was a very blessed and loved man.

P.S. I bet your mom and dad are now praying the Rosary together again. I would also bet that they include their wonderful children in that Rosary. They are now resting in Our Lords arms and looking down on their family and saying....we did good!!!!

--hide--
Yeah....when my brother/partner starts whistling I am reminded of my Father. (he whistled all the time) My brother has mannerisms many times which remind me of my Dad as well. I guess the only way I resemble my Dad is in looks. (both are the only ones with brown eyes!)

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Jerry, This is a perfect example of how one processes grief. For your dad, it ...

Hi Jerry,

--hide--
Yeah.....they're probably saying them for me!! I always told my Mom to "hold a back door open" when she got there! laughing

09/25/2012 new

Linda,

I am so sorry for your loss. Keep putting one foot in front of the other.

thank you for sharing.

bernie

09/26/2012 new

Beautiful memories Jerry they had to have been a wonderful couple. The part of the wedding band reminded me of my former husband. He would never take it off. I remember once when he was having surgery they compromised and put tape over it. I had not thought about that in a long time.

10/13/2012 new
Grief is a personal process and everyone experience it a different levels. For me the most important part has been accepting that my husband is not suffering anymore ( hearth disease for 9 months) and that he s in a better place. I do still miss him every single day, but I learn than crying and laughing is ok. It has been 20 months, I just take one ay at the time!
10/16/2012 new

Kathy, how about Mary Chapin Carpenter's 10,000 miles, now there is another tear jerker. sad but healing too

Posts 31 - 38 of 38