Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

06/10/2012 new
(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Many years ago my uncle was staying with a friend of my grandmothers in the country.He saw something interestin...
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Many years ago my uncle was staying with a friend of my grandmothers in the country.He saw something interesting,picked it off a tree and brought it into the house.He asked my Grandmothers friend,Whats this? It was a hornets nest The woman almost had a heart attack. Luckly it was empty.

--hide--

I actually can beat that one. Stinging Scorpion's seem to find me, when I was a girl I found one in my bath & caught it in a medicine bottle without getting stung....Of course living in Oklahoma I have been stung many times. The most memorable time was the one where I had a scorpion in my bed & got stung three times on my leg before I could get out of bed & git rid of the thing.

scratchchin What is weird about Scorpion's and myself is I am literally the only one who ever got stung growing up & because I have been stung so much I have now developed an allergy to their sting....go figure.... eyebrow
06/11/2012 new

Did you put iodine on it? wide eyed shocked

06/11/2012 new
(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Did you put iodine on it?

Did you put iodine on it?

--hide--

you use baking soda & water paste on the stings...
06/12/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Brian-252799 said: Did you put iodine on it?
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: [quote]Brian-252799 said:

Did you put iodine on it?

--hide--

you use baking soda & water paste on the stings...
Poor Baby hug

06/21/2012 new

Brenda.More Funny Stories,Please. laughing

06/21/2012 new
The year my son decided to stay in the dorms (one year was enough for him, commuted from home after that) he calls me on my cell. I was at work of course

Andrew: "Mom",

Me: "yes",

Andrew " you forgot to send me a trash can for my dorm room. "

Me: "Where are you"

Andrew " Wal Mart"

Me "Well I think they probably have some there"

Andrew "Yeah, I'm in that isle now"

Me "So get one"

Andrew "Which one"

Me "Since I am not there you will have to be the one to pick it out"

Andrew "Which trash bags for the one I got"

Me "Read on the can & see what size can you have then get a box of liners to fit it"

Andrew "Oh OK"

For someone so gifted at fixing computers he really was clueless on the everyday things that he should have been able to figure out on his own.... laughing

And yes I miss those phone calls that he would make to me every day..... scratchchin
06/22/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: So the summer 2010 I take a car load of Andrews friends to White Water Bay in OKC. On the way home I dec...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: So the summer 2010 I take a car load of Andrews friends to White Water Bay in OKC. On the way home I decide to swing by Pizza Hut in Tecumseh. Since I am driving I tell Andrew to call and place the order. He calls Pizza Hut. We get there and they don't have our food. In fact they haven't even talked to Andrew so I asked him to look at his phone and see where he called. He called Pizza but in Tecumseh all right..... Tecumseh, NE

Needless to say we had a great laugh while we waited inside for them to prepare our pizza so we could go home.......
--hide--

haha, funny story! Similarly, I've done the same thing using Redbox, twice. I've reserved my movies online for a specific Redbox kiosk, and when I've gone to pick it up, it said that I didn't have a reservation. And then I ended up getting charged! It was only after I called to complain about being charged for movies I couldn't get out of the kiosk that they informed me that I had rented them for pick up at one location and I kept going to a different location. DOH! They were kind enough to refund me for my blunder the first time, but not the second. gotta love it!

06/22/2012 new

I heard a story on a Talk Show.A woman bought a computer and returned it.The foodpedal didnt work.She was stepping on the mouse.DUMB. embarassed

06/22/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: I heard a story on a Talk Show.A woman bought a computer and returned it.The footpedal didnt work...

I heard a story on a Talk Show.A woman bought a computer and returned it.The footpedal didnt work.She was stepping on the mouse.DUMB.

--hide--

06/22/2012 new
(Quote) Brian-252799 said: I heard a story on a Talk Show.A woman bought a computer and returned it.The foodpedal didnt work.She was stepp...

I heard a story on a Talk Show.A woman bought a computer and returned it.The foodpedal didnt work.She was stepping on the mouse.DUMB.

--hide--

So when Andrew was in fifth grade his teacher was showing a movie via a computer hooked up to the video screen. When I bumped into her she was telling me all about how much of a genius at computers my son was in class.

Of course I asked Andrew what he had done to impress his teacher so much....Andrew rolled his eyes & said "Mom the save screen popped up so I moved the mouse, anyone knows how to fix that"

laughing laughing
Posts 71 - 80 of 183