Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.

I feel sad tonight.

I have been praying for some special intentions for a little bit of time now. I usually have the confidence in knowing God will answer my prayer, and he can hear me, and in the meantime, sends me the comfort and stregnth.

But then there are days like today where I feel the devil's presence more than Gods. and I feel doubt. like giving up like what the heck am I wasting all this time praying for this thing when maybe im supposed to be praying for world peace or something? I don't know.

Need advice and support that this doubt is no good and I should just keep my eyes and Christ, and praying.........right?

05/15/2012 new

God does answers all of our prayers in three different ways.

1. He says yes and answers the prayer.
2. He says no.
3. He says not now I have something better for you in the future.

Keep the faith and keep praying!

Denise

05/27/2012 new
(Quote) Pauline-857847 said: I feel sad tonight. I have been praying for some special intentions for a little bit of time n...
(Quote) Pauline-857847 said:

I feel sad tonight.

I have been praying for some special intentions for a little bit of time now. I usually have the confidence in knowing God will answer my prayer, and he can hear me, and in the meantime, sends me the comfort and stregnth.

But then there are days like today where I feel the devil's presence more than Gods. and I feel doubt. like giving up like what the heck am I wasting all this time praying for this thing when maybe im supposed to be praying for world peace or something? I don't know.

Need advice and support that this doubt is no good and I should just keep my eyes and Christ, and praying.........right?

--hide--

Hi Pauline. hug

I have been doing the novena of the Holy Spirit and one thing I have learnt is that one of the areas the devil tries to attack us time and again in our life is FAITH. You see, if he can make you doubt God for a split second that is a great victory for him. Later on he will work in taking faith away from you, then hope, and lastly charity. Pray sister, pray more. Now for perseverance then when the Holy Spirit removes doubt from your mind continue the fight. God will definately answer since he does not work on our time frame.

Blessed week
05/27/2012 new

God always answers us. It is up to us to do a few things....trust in Him that the answer will come, be still enough to hear Him, accept the answer, know that He will never leave you alone.

Is it always easy? Not for me, but I know that when it gets the hardest, the devil hates hearing Christ's holy name.

05/27/2012 new

(Quote) Pauline-857847 said: I feel sad tonight. I have been praying for some special intentions for a little bit of ...
(Quote) Pauline-857847 said:

I feel sad tonight.

--hide--

Pauline,

Our Faith will be tested every day of our life by the devil. One must remember earth is Satan's domain. Satan knows when & where we are weak & acts upon us as fast as possible. The difference God knows our heart & the devil doesn't.

Call upon Our Lord, Holy Mary, Archangels, Saints & Holy Spirit when feel anything but God's presence. I pray all the time to cut the devil off at the pass to keep him away from me.

PRAYER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

Breathe into me Holy Spirit, That all my thoughts may be holy. Move in me, Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Attract my heart, Holy Spirit, that I may love only what is holy. Strengthen me, Holy Spirit, that I may defend all that is holy. Protect me, Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. PRAYER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT: Spirit of wisdom and understanding, enlighten our minds to perceive the mysteries of the universe in relation to eternity. Spirit of right judgment and courage, guide us and make us firm in our baptismal decision to follow Jesus' way of love. Spirit of knowledge and reverence, help us to see the lasting value of justice and mercy in our everyday dealings with one another. May we respect life as we work to solve problems of family and nation, economy and ecology. Spirit of God, spark our faith, hope and love into new action each day. Fill our lives with wonder and awe in your presence which penetrates all creation. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Divine Power of God,
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5