Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

05/18/2012 new

(Quote) Tammy-492301 said: This is good stuff. Next thread, is S&M compatible in a sacramental marriage?
(Quote) Tammy-492301 said:

This is good stuff. Next thread, is S&M compatible in a sacramental marriage?
--hide--

eyepopping boggled laughing laughing laughing embarassed rolling eyes faint

05/18/2012 new

(Quote) Tammy-492301 said: I see what you're saying. I misunderstood you originally. I agree. Men through the eyes - Wo...

I see what you're saying. I misunderstood you originally. I agree. Men through the eyes - Women through their minds. Yup.

I haven't seen Sex in the City in years but, I remember liking the show. I have noticed that I have an uneasiness with watching shows that are more racy when I've not watched TV for a long period of time.

I always enjoy your posts Tara, thank you!
--hide--

Well, that's kind of you to say! Thanks, Tammy! :)

05/18/2012 new

On a similiar note, since I had mentioned the teacher book club... I was unable to make the last one, which was for The Help. I heard from a friend that the discussion they were having somehow got off-topic, then eventually led to the topic of sex. Anyways, one teacher mentioned reading a "sexy book"... Yeah, um, I'm skipping that. :/

05/18/2012 new

Ok. I'll admit it, I bought the book. But I can't seem to get into it. Sometimes I enjoy a nice mindless read which is usually a romance. But in a romance novel its more about the relationship than getting to the sex part. Like someone above said, if you read a murder mystery, that's not going to make you go out and kill someone. And reading it like Jesus is sitting next to me? Oh yeah, He never leaves me and He's seen so much worse.

05/18/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Hello Ms. Nancy,Great to see your beautiful face in the forums again. Please conti...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Hello Ms. Nancy,

Great to see your beautiful face in the forums again. Please continue to bless us with your presence.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Hi Leon -

Yes I had to renew my subscription as I really was not looking - but a very handsome gentlemen had sent me a note and I could not read it without being a paid member - I did tell him if we end up being a great match he owes me laughing he said he would more than pay me back wink We went on a wonderful date and looks like there will be more in the future with same said man Praying God really does work in mysterious ways theheart

05/18/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Hello Ms. Nancy,Great to see you...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Hello Ms. Nancy,

Great to see your beautiful face in the forums again. Please continue to bless us with your presence.

Blessings,

Leon

Hi Leon -

Yes I had to renew my subscription as I really was not looking - but a very handsome gentlemen had sent me a note and I could not read it without being a paid member - I did tell him if we end up being a great match he owes me he said he would more than pay me back We went on a wonderful date and looks like there will be more in the future with same said man God really does work in mysterious ways

--hide--

Nancy,

I am so happy to hear the great news. I pray it turns out to be everything you hope for. Now that you are subscribing again and when the two of you are not dating, holding hands, hugging, caressing or kissing, you can post again in the various threads. That is, if your schedule allows. laughing

Seriously, great to see you again. Hope the children are also doing well.

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon

05/19/2012 new

(Quote) Tammy-492301 said: I hear you and understand you Leon. This subject is probably more along the 'walking a fine ...

I hear you and understand you Leon. This subject is probably more along the 'walking a fine line' but, I certainly understand. It's much like the topic of yoga. Is yoga a detriment to your soul or are you strong enough in your faith to drop the unnecessary parts and just do the exercise. You know what's right from wrong.... Which allows you to live in the world, live your faith and share this through the way you live you life.
--hide--

As if most sinners don't know what they are doing is wrong?

The sad fact is that most people have no clue of how demons influence and affect humans and how vulnerable our modern lifestyle leaves ut to these attacks. Pride goes before the fall...

A while back Bernard posted a link to a sermon by Fr. Char Ripperger, an exorcist, on spiritual warfare and demonic influences here: www.catholicmatch.com I highly recommend that everyone take the time to listen to this. I posted a few key points from the beginning of the sermon in one of the replies, but there is much, much more. (Note: the talk is not primarily about Harry Potter, despite the prominent mention in the topic post; if fact, HP is mentioned only briefly.)

05/19/2012 new

There are so many types of great literature, history, philosophy, theology and so many great books that I want to read and so much beauty I want to discover and learn about, that books of this type would not interest me.

Thank you Jerry for posting this teaching that Bernard posted. It is very good.

05/19/2012 new

(Quote) Tammy-492301 said: I have noticed that I have an uneasiness with watching shows that are more racy when I've no...

I have noticed that I have an uneasiness with watching shows that are more racy when I've not watched TV for a long period of time.

--hide--

This is a good example of how the conscience becomes desensitized: the more we ignore it, the less active it becomes and the more can be exposed to before it starts nagging us again.

05/19/2012 new

(Quote) Sue-82886 said: She tells everyone to read it for the story and always says you have to get over the "dirty stu...
(Quote) Sue-82886 said:

She tells everyone to read it for the story and always says you have to get over the "dirty stuff" but it's a great story.

--hide--

If you have a whote table cloth with a small drop of black ink in the center, is it a great table cloth?

The reasn we "get over" the dirty stuff is that we desensitize our consciences -- thus they are less able to warn us of danger. Over time, this tends to lead to general acceptance of greater and greater levels of immorality. It doesn't usually happen fast, but it happens solid. Case in point: think about how the content of entertainment has changed since the 1940s and 50s to today.

Posts 71 - 80 of 191