I. Creed Students will demonstrate understanding of the
core of Catholic beliefs.
A. Faith The student will:
1. recognize all things are gifts of God.
2. appreciate that I am a gift of God.
3. trust God as we trust our parents.
B. Scripture The student will:
1. retell the story of creation.
2. retell the story of the Birth and Baptism of Jesus.
3. know that the Bible teaches us to care for others and live for
4. recognize that Jesus taught about the Kingdom of God
C. Doctrine/Dogma The student will:
1. explain that God is the Creator of all.
2. know Jesus is human.
3. know Jesus is the Son of God.
4. understand Jesus is a good friend.
5. remember Mary and Joseph were Jesus parents on earth.
D. Church and Community The student will:
1. experience the liturgy as public prayer.
2. show reverence and respect during liturgies.
3. recognize the church building as a sacred place where the
people of God gather.
4. describe the Church as the People of God.
5. demonstrate reverence for the Bible
6. celebrate the liturgical seasons of Advent, Christmas, Lent and
E. Creation The student will:
1. recognize the beauty of Gods creation.
2. understand that all of Gods creation needs care.
February 2005 2
Religion Curriculum Guide
II. Sacraments Students will learn the importance of
sacraments in their life.
A. Baptism The student will:
1. recall that Baptism is becoming a member of the Church.
2. appreciate that Baptism gives us new life.
3. describe the rite of Baptism.
4. understand that we learn about God through Jesus.
III. Christian Living
A. Discipleship The student will:
1. observe people in our community who serve God in many ways.
2. know that we are called to be Jesus friends, the Disciples.
B. Human Dignity The student will:
1. accept and appreciate ourselves as unique.
2. know we are special children of God.
3. learn and understand we are loveable.
C. Human Interaction/Sexuality The student will:
1. know our bodies are a gift from God by:
a. loving our families,
b. loving our neighbors,
c. sharing with others,
d. caring for ourselves and other people.
2. demonstrate self-control.
3. show respect for all life.
D. Social Justice The student will:
1. understand that Jesus shows concern for everyone
2. demonstrate concern for all people, especially those in need.
E. Service The student will:
1. recognize that helping our family and friends is serving God.
2. participate in a school, classroom, parish or commuity service
F. Moral Conscience The student will:
1. show our love to God by how we act toward others.
2. explain the difference between an accident and doing something
3. forgive others as God forgives us.
4. act like Jesus did.
5. understand the importance of following the example of the Saints
G. Vocation The student will:
1. be introduced to the concept of Gods calling us.
2. discuss that we are called to a vocation.