Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.

Journal - Dry Spells

05/28/2012 new

I started journaling in my teens, and have continued sporadically ever since. Does anyone else find that there are just dry spells after a large number of years? I can identify the gaps as either periods of great joy, or great sorrow, reminding me how much of that time was spent in prayer. Other times, in great stress, I will fill a journal in a matter of weeks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Is this normal fluctuation, or my lack of dedication to the practice?

Any thoughts on this would be most welcome,
Anne Marie

05/28/2012 new

Annemarie,

I have experienced the same... I journal-ed to record events and milestones in my children's lives... difficulties in my marriage, my early spiritual journey and I wrote volumes leading up, during and after my divorce an Annulment. I find myself wanting to write but life is too hectic at this point... It's good...................joyful even as my daughter and her husband add to their brood. But much to busy to ponder anything.. Some solitude would be nice. wave

05/28/2012 new

Thanks...I'm the same way, when life is to busy, it goes by the wayside. Thanks for the affirmation that it's not just me!

05/28/2012 new

I journal also. There are times I dont write anything for a couple of months or more. For me it depends on what is going on in my life. When I do write it could be a page or more. At times its a couple sentences. I did write in my journal within the last couple of weeks. I always date my entries the last time i had written was about 4 months ago.

05/28/2012 new

Thanks, mine are dated as well. I go back, now and then. It's fun to see how far I've come, sometimes sad to see how unaware of who I was, where I was headed, how far away from God I was. I'm thankful to the friend that bought my first one and got me started!

Posts 1 - 5 of 5