Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Hi all,

Has anyone here every changed parishes? wave What can you recommend that would make it easier? hug Did you talk to the priest at the new parish about the fact you were changing churches or not? muted Any advice on what can make that transition smoother? scratchchin

Thanks,

Lorrie hellokitty

05/29/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all,Has anyone here every changed parishes? What can you recommend that would make it...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Hi all,

Has anyone here every changed parishes? What can you recommend that would make it easier? Did you talk to the priest at the new parish about the fact you were changing churches or not? Any advice on what can make that transition smoother?

Thanks,

Lorrie

--hide--

Lorrie,

Nice thread. For me, when changing parishes, I look to see how I am greeted. Many parishes here have a welcoming committee. How do the priests interact with the parishioners?. Do they interact with the parishioners after Mass or look for a door to exit? Does the church have a good amount of parish life? Do they have organizations I might be interested in serving? What is the social life of the parish? Are their activities for all ages? After a while, are the parishioners outgoing?

Obviously, attending Mass is the most important thing but there is something to be said of the parish and pastor outside of the Mass celebration.

Just my opinion.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

05/30/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all,Has anyone here every changed parishes? What can you recommend that would make it...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Hi all,

Has anyone here every changed parishes? What can you recommend that would make it easier? Did you talk to the priest at the new parish about the fact you were changing churches or not? Any advice on what can make that transition smoother?

Thanks,

Lorrie

--hide--

Oh sure! Yes, I've changed about three times. Two included major moves. The first was due to living on the boundary line and I ended up moving just houses from the parish and school. I can't say I talked to the priest about changing. Most recently, I think he knew I was new. Previously, I had an opportunity to talk to the pastor about specific situations.

My advice is to get involved ASAP. Offer your services to volunteer. Join a small prayer group. Both are great ways to meet other active parishioners. Once, I joined the funeral food committee because it fit my time and talent...I do not recommend this! I was only meeting the deceased parishioners! Hope all goes well for you!

Posts 1 - 3 of 3