Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hey everyone...take this online assessment from Dr. Gary Chapman's The Five Love Language and share with everyone else what yours is/are? Mine are quality time and physical touch :) www.5lovelanguages.com
06/03/2012 new

I took that test after reading the book. It was a WHILE ago, but I think I was Quality Time and Physical Touch, too. I just can't remember which order. LoL Maybe I should take it again. It was a great book! biggrin

06/03/2012 new
(Quote) Amber-413562 said: I took that test after reading the book. It was a WHILE ago, but I think I was Quality Time and Physical Touch,...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

I took that test after reading the book. It was a WHILE ago, but I think I was Quality Time and Physical Touch, too. I just can't remember which order. LoL Maybe I should take it again. It was a great book!

--hide--
Did you read the five languages of apology? So I assume that since your language is physical touch, you love cuddling? :)
06/03/2012 new

Mine is touch although I think I've rathered developed them all over the years. The only bad thing about my primary love language being touch is that I really don't like it when people I don't know or don't care for try to hug me. This is a HUGE problem, I tense up...even if I try to tell myself that they are a good person and God's children, I just naturally pull away.

06/03/2012 new
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: Mine is touch although I think I've rathered developed them all over the years. The only bad thing about...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

Mine is touch although I think I've rathered developed them all over the years. The only bad thing about my primary love language being touch is that I really don't like it when people I don't know or don't care for try to hug me. This is a HUGE problem, I tense up...even if I try to tell myself that they are a good person and God's children, I just naturally pull away.

--hide--
It's good that you acknowledge that. Hugs are very healing if they are appropriately by someone you are comfortable with! I love hugging my doggy! :)
06/03/2012 new

I haven't read the Apology book, although I'd like to at some point. Well, I've never really cuddled with anyone except my mom, and I do love cuddling with her. LoL Never had the chance to try it with anyone else yet.

06/03/2012 new

I cuddle with my doggy, and my friends and I link arms. I love to link arms with my friends...ummm and we cuddle during scary movies! Or is that cuddling? I don't think so, I think we are fighting to see who can hide behind who's shoulder!

06/03/2012 new

I know exactly what you mean Marissa. I get very uncomfortable when people other than my family touch me, even if it's just a friendly hug. I think I have to be VERY comfortable and know the person VERY well before I'm comfortable with more than a hand shake.

06/03/2012 new
(Quote) Amber-413562 said: I haven't read the Apology book, although I'd like to at some point. Well, I've never really cuddle...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

I haven't read the Apology book, although I'd like to at some point. Well, I've never really cuddled with anyone except my mom, and I do love cuddling with her. LoL Never had the chance to try it with anyone else yet.

--hide--
Aww. I'm sure you will have no problem finding a guy to cuddle with some day...that guy will be so blessed :)
06/03/2012 new
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I cuddle with my doggy, and my friends and I link arms. I love to link arms with my friends...ummm and we cu...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

I cuddle with my doggy, and my friends and I link arms. I love to link arms with my friends...ummm and we cuddle during scary movies! Or is that cuddling? I don't think so, I think we are fighting to see who can hide behind who's shoulder!

--hide--
I love those childhood days when we were so carefree and when the genuine touch is not considered bad or perverted like today.
Posts 1 - 10 of 55