Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

wave Join the Indy group for the 4th Annual Farm Camp Out at Tim's place in Greencastle! Dates are set, so MARK THOSE CALENDARS!

Fri 10/12, 2pm to Sun 10/14, 4pm.

eyepopping New this year - we're renting portable potties and wash stations, and providing breakfasts and dinners. Our goal is to keep folks OUT of the house and kitchen as much as possible. A very reasonable $35 activity fee will help cover these and other costs associated with the weekend.

NOTE: Each camper should plan to provide their own camping gear, lunches, drinks, and snacks for the duration of their stay,

and everyone should plan to camp out - and should pack accordingly - for any weather. cloud Sleeping in your car is fine too.

Start asking friends, relatives, or neighbors NOW if you need to borrow equipment. Once the event pages are up - post in the comments if you have extra room in your tent, or equipment to loan out. Post requests to borrow equipment too.

Event pages going up soon (on CM and FB both) - so keep an eye out for them. I'm having trouble with formatting and attaching the Registration Form and other information - but will figure something out, even if I have to email you the form once you indicate your interest in attending on the event page.

Fishing, Boating, Zipline across the lake, Nature Hikes, Yard Games, Camping Out, Bonfires, Shooting, A Pumpkin Carving Contest, A Group Rosary, Attending mass together, and plenty of good fun, good food, and good fellowship! Don't miss it!

This is a favorite for the Indy crowd, and last year we pulled in folks from several other states too. We had over 50 attendees - and PLENTY OF FUN! Families and guests are welcome. See You DOWN ON THE FARM!!! cowboy CowGirl

06/08/2012 new

Sounds like so much fun!!!!!!! If you want to Mary you can use my website to post the registration form and people can go there to download it.. print it off, etc etc.. Im happy to do that! biggrin

06/08/2012 new

Had a great time at Tim's last year!

06/08/2012 new

(Quote) Tracy-57589 said: Sounds like so much fun!!!!!!! If you want to Mary you can use my website to post the registration...
(Quote) Tracy-57589 said:

Sounds like so much fun!!!!!!! If you want to Mary you can use my website to post the registration form and people can go there to download it.. print it off, etc etc.. Im happy to do that!

--hide--

Thanks Tracy - I appreciate that! Your event is on a much larger scale than ours - we aren't quite up to 'website' status yet! laughing

I'm submitting the event page today - we'll see how well it formats.

06/08/2012 new

(Quote) David-567078 said: Had a great time at Tim's last year!
(Quote) David-567078 said:

Had a great time at Tim's last year!

--hide--

Aw David - it was great to get to meet you! hug Hope you're planning to come back again - we could use some strong men to help run the zipline this year so Tim isn't run ragged again. rolling eyesI about worked that poor man to death, and promised to give him some slack this year.

Are you going to CM Chicago in July too? Even MORE fabulous folks to meet there! biggrin

06/08/2012 new

Event Page has been submitted, admin just needs to approve it and let it show on the site! biggrin

We are using Tracy's website for a lot of the information that goes along with it, so follow that link once the Event page is posted. (THANK YOU Tracy, you ROCK!) The website, event pages on here and FB, and posted comments should tell you everything you need to know. You can contact me on CM or thru the contact link on our home page.

I copied each form into the Event page on here. Once it is up on CM - print out the registration form and send it in - deadline for registration is Aug 15th!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Come on, get your inner cowboy cowboy or cowgirl CowGirl on and come spend some time with us camping at the farm!!!

06/08/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Join the Indy group for the 4th Annual Farm Camp Out at Tim's place in Greencastle! Dates are ...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Join the Indy group for the 4th Annual Farm Camp Out at Tim's place in Greencastle! Dates are set, so MARK THOSE CALENDARS!

Fri 10/12, 2pm to Sun 10/14, 4pm.

New this year - we're renting portable potties and wash stations, and providing breakfasts and dinners. Our goal is to keep folks OUT of the house and kitchen as much as possible. A very reasonable $35 activity fee will help cover these and other costs associated with the weekend.

NOTE: Each camper should plan to provide their own camping gear, lunches, drinks, and snacks for the duration of their stay,

and everyone should plan to camp out - and should pack accordingly - for any weather. Sleeping in your car is fine too.

Start asking friends, relatives, or neighbors NOW if you need to borrow equipment. Once the event pages are up - post in the comments if you have extra room in your tent, or equipment to loan out. Post requests to borrow equipment too.

Event pages going up soon (on CM and FB both) - so keep an eye out for them. I'm having trouble with formatting and attaching the Registration Form and other information - but will figure something out, even if I have to email you the form once you indicate your interest in attending on the event page.

Fishing, Boating, Zipline across the lake, Nature Hikes, Yard Games, Camping Out, Bonfires, Shooting, A Pumpkin Carving Contest, A Group Rosary, Attending mass together, and plenty of good fun, good food, and good fellowship! Don't miss it!

This is a favorite for the Indy crowd, and last year we pulled in folks from several other states too. We had over 50 attendees - and PLENTY OF FUN! Families and guests are welcome. See You DOWN ON THE FARM!!!

--hide--

Well plan on a bigger crowd Mary, because as good as a lot of CM events this is the one that sounds the most doable for me. I loved camping out when I was a child. I will see if I can recruit others to come along with me. Maybe

06/08/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: we Well plan on a bigger crowd Mary, because as good as a lot of CM events this is the...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

we

Well plan on a bigger crowd Mary, because as good as a lot of CM events this is the one that sounds the most doable for me. I loved camping out when I was a child. I will see if I can recruit others to come along with me. Maybe

--hide--

"If we plan it, they will come" - right Elizabeth? laughing It would be great to see you there and finally meet you! hug This really is a special gathering. Last year we all felt 'something' special in the air while we were there. That may sound corny, but we all talked about it afterwards and agreed our time there it touched us each in many ways. Perhaps getting out into God's country drew us closer to Him?

The trails were fun to explore, Tim has over 50 acres there with ravines, a natural spring, plenty of wildflowers and plants, and wildlife. On Sunday morning 3 deer were grazing in the backyard, not too far from the men's camping area. It was so pretty to just be still sipping coffee and watch them from up the hill. The zipline was a huge hit - and I'm sure will be again. We found some real artists during the pumpkin carving contest and night time 'glow.'

Anyway...looking forward to a crowd that likes camping and the outdoors, because we can meet those needs! wink

06/08/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Aw David - it was great to get to meet you! Hope you're planning to come back again -...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Aw David - it was great to get to meet you! Hope you're planning to come back again - we could use some strong men to help run the zipline this year so Tim isn't run ragged again. I about worked that poor man to death, and promised to give him some slack this year.

Are you going to CM Chicago in July too? Even MORE fabulous folks to meet there!

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing I already heard from Tim - he's holding me to the promise to "NOT work him to death!" rolling eyes laughing

Hoping for more gentlemen to sign up and help us out - c'mon guys, we NEED you!!! crossfingers hersheyskiss cookie

06/08/2012 new

It was fun last year. I won't be able to make it this year though but hope everyone has fun.

Posts 1 - 10 of 206