Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

06/14/2012 new
(Quote) Laura-824866 said: Interview Friday...feeling kind of bummed about the whole thing but turning it over to God, knowing what needs ...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

Interview Friday...feeling kind of bummed about the whole thing but turning it over to God, knowing what needs to be done will be done with His help!

--hide--

No time to feel bummed. Tomorrow get your interview outfit ready. Write out a short list of responses for the possible questions, that'll help you feel more confident. Be enthusiastic and let your nervousness look like excitement to be there!
06/14/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: Thank you everyone! I appreciate your insightfulness immensely! I'm going to go for it...I wo...

Thank you everyone! I appreciate your insightfulness immensely! I'm going to go for it...I would rather be part time, but I just honestly feel like I do need the security. As much as my kids deserve to have me at beckon call, they also deserve a stable parent that can care for their basic needs. We will just need to value & make the best of the time we do have together!

--hide--

I think you're making a great choice for your kids. One of the most important things we give our children is the security to be themselves and grow up at their own pace. By choosing the security of this position, you are enabling them to have that environment. Will it stop the guilt you feel? It didn't for me, but things were always calmer when work was steady.

Good luck and I hope it works extremely well for you!

06/14/2012 new

Ahh...like I said, the guilt is insiduous and you haven't even interviewed yet. When we turn things over to God, we still need to put our best foot forward. That way we leave the issue firmly with him, not influencing it by not giving our best.

I went through a similar situation a couple of years ago. I applied for hundreds of positions even though I really needed to be at home for a few months. I was never called for an interview. After about four months, my neighbor asked if I was worried about not working. I told her that it was in God's hands. I was doing what I needed to do and when God was ready for me to go back to work, the call would come. The phone rang ten minutes later. I interviewed, returned for a second interview and started back to work 10 days later.

Put your best face forward. God will give you and your kids what you need.

06/14/2012 new

Thank you! That brought me comfort! I know this is what I need to be doing, & you're right...I need to show God I do trust by doing my best. And, I just checked my lottery #s...not a winner, LOL, so I guess I'm being told to get my hiney in there!

06/16/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: I have 5 kids (12, 10, 8, 5 yo twins)....my ex has been unemployed for the past 2 1/2 months (rec...

I have 5 kids (12, 10, 8, 5 yo twins)....my ex has been unemployed for the past 2 1/2 months (receiving unemployment benefits). I worked part time this past year as a tutor for our school district, which naturally ended w/the end of the school year. I was planning on returning in the fall. I am now, however, forced to start looking for a job due to the fact I do not feel secure child support will continued to be made.

My dilemma: I've been presented with a full time opportunity. This position would give me fully paid health, dental, vision, & a fee free pension plan after a year. It would also require the kids to attend morning latchkey (apprx 20 mins) & after school latchkey (apprx 45-1hr). It would also require the use of my parents (66 & 70), taking away some of their freedom. And it would mean possibly switching my twins from 1/2 day Kindergarten to all day. And there is summer time to contend with...this position wouldn't start until July, so I think I got this summer figured out, but what about the ones to come?

I wasn't really intending to attempt to go back full time for another year...but is this an opportunity I should pass up? What other job will pay full health benefits? What other job is going to allow me to be off at 4pm? Is all that worth giving up another year of time w/the kids...especially the 5 yo's?

Dad has little involvement...see's the kids 2X (if they are lucky) for less than 24 hrs a time. So, he is not an option to help out.

Need advice, experience, opinions & most of all prayers please!!

Thanks!

--hide--

I hope the interview went well. Let us know when you hear something?

06/17/2012 new

It did go well...thank you for asking! It seems to be a long hiring process, LOL. Interviewer goes on vacation this coming week & then will call back for 2nd interview & then there will be a 3rd interview w/the "big" bosses. The start date will be July 15th...which is good for me. And my friend on the "inside" told me he was impressed, so I feel good about it! Keep the prayers coming please though, not over yet!

06/17/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: I have 5 kids (12, 10, 8, 5 yo twins)....my ex has been unemployed for the past 2 1/2 months (rec...

I have 5 kids (12, 10, 8, 5 yo twins)....my ex has been unemployed for the past 2 1/2 months (receiving unemployment benefits). I worked part time this past year as a tutor for our school district, which naturally ended w/the end of the school year. I was planning on returning in the fall. I am now, however, forced to start looking for a job due to the fact I do not feel secure child support will continued to be made.

My dilemma: I've been presented with a full time opportunity. This position would give me fully paid health, dental, vision, & a fee free pension plan after a year. It would also require the kids to attend morning latchkey (apprx 20 mins) & after school latchkey (apprx 45-1hr). It would also require the use of my parents (66 & 70), taking away some of their freedom. And it would mean possibly switching my twins from 1/2 day Kindergarten to all day. And there is summer time to contend with...this position wouldn't start until July, so I think I got this summer figured out, but what about the ones to come?

I wasn't really intending to attempt to go back full time for another year...but is this an opportunity I should pass up? What other job will pay full health benefits? What other job is going to allow me to be off at 4pm? Is all that worth giving up another year of time w/the kids...especially the 5 yo's?

Dad has little involvement...see's the kids 2X (if they are lucky) for less than 24 hrs a time. So, he is not an option to help out.

Need advice, experience, opinions & most of all prayers please!!

Thanks!

--hide--

Go with your circumstances. When my mom and dad split mom needed me to step up and make cetain my younger sister and brother had a hot breakfast in the mornings, and make sure they made their beds. I loved it.

06/17/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Go with your circumstances. When my mom and dad split mom needed me to step up and m...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Go with your circumstances. When my mom and dad split mom needed me to step up and make cetain my younger sister and brother had a hot breakfast in the mornings, and make sure they made their beds. I loved it.

--hide--

This is where the crockpot comes in handy and some of your kids can operate one of those without burning their hands. This situation of yours gives me an idea about a ministry for single parents with children. Eventhough your childrens father has little to do with his children in his own time, that is no excuse for the children not pull together and be there for you and each other. Afterall you ase still 100% there for them even if you are working fulltime.

I understand that not having a dad or mom there for them does present many challenges for children and the single parent left holding the bag. Many children from divorced parents end up straying away from the faith, unfortunately. Much of it has to do with not having that spiritual guidance helping them to deal with the breakup and taking on some responsibilities Mom or Dad left behind. A special Ministry would help to bring them to recognize that their circumstances are not isolated when they are interacting with other children who are going through the same thing. Maybe this is something that needs to be brought to the Churches attention.

06/17/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: It did go well...thank you for asking! It seems to be a long hiring process, LOL. Interviewer goe...

It did go well...thank you for asking! It seems to be a long hiring process, LOL. Interviewer goes on vacation this coming week & then will call back for 2nd interview & then there will be a 3rd interview w/the "big" bosses. The start date will be July 15th...which is good for me. And my friend on the "inside" told me he was impressed, so I feel good about it! Keep the prayers coming please though, not over yet!

--hide--

Glad to hear it. I've been waiting for two months to hear about an interview. The call came Friday finally, so I'll be in the hot seat on Thursday. I'll keep checking in on you.

06/18/2012 new

Best of luck Anne Marie! Prayers coming your way!

Posts 11 - 20 of 43