Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

06/11/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: What exactly are you driving at, or are you just going round in circles? The doc...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

What exactly are you driving at, or are you just going round in circles?

The documents simply, as I and others have amply shown, simply not been implemented. Things, such as the Novus Ordo, the Wreckovations and the hatchet job that was done on the Church Calendar of the Saints were never ordered by the Vatican II fathers or envisioned in the documents. Indeed, some of these abuses were becoming rampant before VII.

So again I ask, are you talking about this, or are you saying that what was done in the "Spirit of Vatican II" really was the will of the council that is being abandoned on the sly?

--hide--

Don't forget about the vast array of cults spawned or encouraged by the outcome of Vatican II - Opus Dei, Legionaries of Christ, TFP, Liberation Theology, Focolare, Lifeteen, Charismatic Renewal, etc. OD and the Legionaries were around before Vatican II but grew in importance after the Council.

06/12/2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Don't forget about the vast array of cults spawned or encouraged by the outcome of...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Don't forget about the vast array of cults spawned or encouraged by the outcome of Vatican II - Opus Dei, Legionaries of Christ, TFP, Liberation Theology, Focolare, Lifeteen, Charismatic Renewal, etc. OD and the Legionaries were around before Vatican II but grew in importance after the Council.

--hide--
Tammy did you see this.Aren't you involved in Lifeteen?

06/12/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: rorate-caeli.blogspot.com
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com

--hide--

As I live and breathe, I think the whole world is going nuts. What it is, is Satan.......

06/12/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Tammy did you see this.Aren't you involved in Lifeteen?

--hide--

I corresponded for a time with a man who had left the RC priesthood because he found Lifeteen so disturbing. He said that Lifeteen was based on the Jesuits' crackpot liberation "theology." Lifeteen founder Dale Fushek is a notorious homosexual abuser who rose to heights of power under the shameless bishop emeritus of Phoenix Thomas O'Brien. Lifeteen, like all the other garbage of recent years, should be put out of its misery.

06/12/2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Tammy did you see this.Aren't you involved i...

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

I corresponded for a time with a man who had left the RC priesthood because he found Lifeteen so disturbing. He said that Lifeteen was based on the Jesuits' crackpot liberation "theology." Lifeteen founder Dale Fushek is a notorious homosexual abuser who rose to heights of power under the shameless bishop emeritus of Phoenix Thomas O'Brien. Lifeteen, like all the other garbage of recent years, should be put out of its misery.

--hide--
Thanks for that info Sean!

06/12/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Thanks for that info Sean!

--hide--

Here's a long article about Fushek, Lifeteen and his history of abuse of young men: www.bishop-accountability.org

06/13/2012 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Sean-851370 said: Don't forget about the vast array of c...

Quote:
Sean-851370 said:

--hide--

wink I did. I was ignoring it since he is SO clearly wrong. Refuting it isn't even necessary.
06/13/2012 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Sean-851370 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Sean-851370 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

rolling eyes
06/13/2012 new

(Quote) Tammy-492301 said: I did. I was ignoring it since he is SO clearly wrong. Refuting it isn't even necessary.
(Quote) Tammy-492301 said:

I did. I was ignoring it since he is SO clearly wrong. Refuting it isn't even necessary.
--hide--

Wrong about what? The info's out there. One of Fushek's associates was removed from a parish in the Phoenix Diocese not too long ago. I hope Olmsted will get rid of Lifeteen at some point. He seems to be a decent enough guy and understands the problems in the Church.

06/13/2012 new
(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Wrong about what? The info's out there. One of Fushek's associates was removed from a pari...

Wrong about what? The info's out there. One of Fushek's associates was removed from a parish in the Phoenix Diocese not too long ago. I hope Olmsted will get rid of Lifeteen at some point. He seems to be a decent enough guy and understands the problems in the Church.

--hide--

Have you reviewed the 2012-13 curriculum?
Posts 21 - 30 of 40