Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Hello everyone,

Need some advice from you runners, walkers and others who work out. I need new sneakers and want to know if you have any experience with Asics, my favorite brand. My current pair is the GT-2140 which I purchased in September 2009. Since Asics no longer makes that model, my choices are the 1) Asics Gel Kayano 18 or the 2) Asics Evolution 6. I tried Asics' Gel-Tech Walker Neo 2 but it didn't have the cushion the Evolution has.

Tried both on today and really love the Evolution but seems a tad stiff on the sole? I know it's due to lots of cushion. Some of the reviews also mention that the arch support feels like a 'bar' after a while and hurts. I learned about Super Feet Insoles today so I will probably get a pair with my new sneakers for extra cush.

Has anyone tried these models? If not, what type of sneaker do you prefer? I like long walks, 10 miles or more but about mile 9, the balls of my feet begin hurting badly, as if my bones are poking my skin. So I need all the cushion I can get. I want to do some 'extreme' walking in the coming weeks so I'm hoping to get new kicks soon!

Thank you in advance for any advice! wave

06/13/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Hello everyone, Need some advice from you runners, walkers and others who work out. I need ...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Hello everyone,

Need some advice from you runners, walkers and others who work out. I need new sneakers and want to know if you have any experience with Asics, my favorite brand. My current pair is the GT-2140 which I purchased in September 2009. Since Asics no longer makes that model, my choices are the 1) Asics Gel Kayano 18 or the 2) Asics Evolution 6. I tried Asics' Gel-Tech Walker Neo 2 but it didn't have the cushion the Evolution has.

Tried both on today and really love the Evolution but seems a tad stiff on the sole? I know it's due to lots of cushion. Some of the reviews also mention that the arch support feels like a 'bar' after a while and hurts. I learned about Super Feet Insoles today so I will probably get a pair with my new sneakers for extra cush.

Has anyone tried these models? If not, what type of sneaker do you prefer? I like long walks, 10 miles or more but about mile 9, the balls of my feet begin hurting badly, as if my bones are poking my skin. So I need all the cushion I can get. I want to do some 'extreme' walking in the coming weeks so I'm hoping to get new kicks soon!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

--hide--

Forgot to mention, the Kayano's are really lightweight while the Walker is a bit heavy, given that it features more cushion.

Decisions, decisions. scratchchin

St. Sebastian, what do you think? Praying theheart

06/14/2012 new

Pretty please??? With sugar??? cookie Anyone???

Little help heah!!!! wave

06/14/2012 new

The lightweight shoes sounds best from where I stand. The one with the bar feeling.. does not sound good.

06/15/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: The lightweight shoes sounds best from where I stand. The one with the bar feeling.. does not sou...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

The lightweight shoes sounds best from where I stand. The one with the bar feeling.. does not sound good.

--hide--

Good advice Marian! hug

I went with the lightweight pair, the model I already had but the new and improved version. Already did 6 miles this morning. Now heading back for another 6. We'll see how they do overall.

06/15/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: The lightweight shoes sounds best from where I s...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Good advice Marian!

I went with the lightweight pair, the model I already had but the new and improved version. Already did 6 miles this morning. Now heading back for another 6. We'll see how they do overall.

--hide--

clap

08/23/2012 new
To answer your question correctly I would seek out professional help. You can get a script from your doctor for foot pain and see a physical therapist. When looking for a physical therapist, ask for someone who has expertise in shoe wear, specifically sports shoewear and sports activities. someone with knowledge and expertise in this field specifically. Usually a sports physical therapist comes to mind. This person will analyze your walking biomechanics and suggest the best and most appropriate shoewear for you and for the activities you perform. Also may give some insight as to why you are developing pain during your walk. Don't ignore this even if it is just transient pain. Many years later janis can develop into something a lot more serious and a lot more difficult to get rid of.
09/13/2012 new
I like Asia's and brooks. You need to have your gate evaluated. I am a runner and my shoes are so important! If you are having any pain something's wrong. Each shoe type has a category whether it's stability or light weight etc.. Sounds like you already found your pair but it's something to consider the next time.
Posts 1 - 8 of 8