Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

06/15/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Hi Dennis! I went on a camping weekend with friends once where we did ALL dutch ov...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Hi Dennis!

I went on a camping weekend with friends once where we did ALL dutch oven cooking - every meal, the entire weekend. It was our own personal challenge and it was wonderful - breakfast scrambles, chili, goulash, chicken pot pie, cobbler and of course Dump Cake. I miss making Jiffy Pop - I haven't seen it in the stores for a long time. We also boiled a pot of water and dropped in our individual baggies of omelet fixings - eggs, muchrooms, cheese, peppers, etc. Those turned out nicely too.

Wonder if we can rig up a tripod to hold a dutch oven over the campfire, and also a big grate to put evenly across the fire for cooking several things at once at the Farm Outing. You're officially in charge of the fire this year - work on that, will ya?

One of my happiest childhood vacations was the Minnesota Boundary Waters canoe trip I took with my Dad and three brothers. Two weeks of BEAUTIFUL surroundings, clean water, and great fishing. Ahhhh, good memories!

--hide--

06/15/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Hi Dennis! I went on a camping weekend with friends once where we did ALL dutch ov...

Hi Dennis!

I went on a camping weekend with friends once where we did ALL dutch oven cooking - every meal, the entire weekend. It was our own personal challenge and it was wonderful - breakfast scrambles, chili, goulash, chicken pot pie, cobbler and of course Dump Cake. I miss making Jiffy Pop - I haven't seen it in the stores for a long time. We also boiled a pot of water and dropped in our individual baggies of omelet fixings - eggs, muchrooms, cheese, peppers, etc. Those turned out nicely too.

Wonder if we can rig up a tripod to hold a dutch oven over the campfire, and also a big grate to put evenly across the fire for cooking several things at once at the Farm Outing. You're officially in charge of the fire this year - work on that, will ya?

One of my happiest childhood vacations was the Minnesota Boundary Waters canoe trip I took with my Dad and three brothers. Two weeks of BEAUTIFUL surroundings, clean water, and great fishing. Ahhhh, good memories!

--hide--

I'll try this again Mary. I dont have a tripod, but, the dutch oven that I have works pretty good by settin it on some coals, a person just has to watch whats cookin a little closer... I'll bring it along this time. I also just happen to have a grate too... hehe... So I will bring it along too...

Yep, the Boundary Waters is one of my favorites, aye.

06/15/2012 new

wink Well, I hope somebody is watchin' it because I don't want no burnt peach cobbler!!

06/15/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-407474 said: Wow, Dave, those photos are great...absolutely beautiful and breathtaking! I expect Little Joe an...
(Quote) Helen-407474 said:

Wow, Dave, those photos are great...absolutely beautiful and breathtaking! I expect Little Joe and Hoss to come riding up any minute...LOL Is that area close to your home? So you hunt? Regular fishing or fly-fishing?

So what can you tell us about some of the National Parks and State Parks out your way????

Thanks for sharing the photos.

--hide--
The top two pictures are in the national forest about a 40 minute drive, the bottom picture is land our family owns about a 10 minute drive. Around here you do all types of fishing from trout to bass to steelhead and salmon. There is a lot of hunting too but introduction of the wolves has really hurt the hunting.

06/16/2012 new

(Quote) Dave-24315 said: The top two pictures are in the national forest about a 40 minute drive, the bottom picture is land...
(Quote) Dave-24315 said:

The top two pictures are in the national forest about a 40 minute drive, the bottom picture is land our family owns about a 10 minute drive. Around here you do all types of fishing from trout to bass to steelhead and salmon. There is a lot of hunting too but introduction of the wolves has really hurt the hunting.

--hide--

Looks like a beautiful area, Dave! You are lucky to see that on a regular basis. We don't have QUITE the same kind of 'hills' here in IN, but it's still pretty. I hope you post some pictures of the fall colors too - bet they're gorgeous.

SO when's the camp out on your property?

06/16/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: (Quote) Dave-24315 said: The top two pictures are in the national forest ab...

Quote:
Dave-24315 said:

Looks like a beautiful area, Dave! You are lucky to see that on a regular basis. We don't have QUITE the same kind of 'hills' here in IN, but it's still pretty. I hope you post some pictures of the fall colors too - bet they're gorgeous.

SO when's the camp out on your property?

--hide--
Yep, I was wondering the same thing, Dave...when is the CM Idaho Event? scratchchin mischievous Maybe a bunch of us Midwesterners can pitch in for gas and all of us squeeze into a vehicle or two to make the journey out there...???? cloud cool eyepopping laughing I've been fly-fishing in Montana and I enjoyed it a lot...actually caught a fish...woohoo!! goldfish The cabins we stayed in were near Cook City, Mt...near the Southeast entrance to Yellowstone ??? It was a nice area....beautiful area!

Maybe you will take us on a bear hunt? gangster I love that song...have you guys ever sung it with little kids..."I'm going on a bear hunt....".. note Anyway, please post more photos...if you have time tell us more about the area and your best hunting experience...maybe you have a BIG Fish story to tell us. wink

06/16/2012 new
My very good friends Michael and Jenni's family owns 100 acres a stone's throw from Oklahoma City. A couple of times a year, they host a big camping weekend. We all get together, spend the days indulging in shooty goodness, and the evenings sitting around the campfire sharing whatever food, libations, and stories we brought along.

There's always someone who brings the "impress the masses" firearm. Last time, it was a .50 caliber. Here's Jenni firing it into the engine block of a 240 SX: www.youtube.com
06/16/2012 new

(Quote) Ginny-856640 said: My very good friends Michael and Jenni's family owns 100 acres a stone's throw from Oklahoma Cit...
(Quote) Ginny-856640 said: My very good friends Michael and Jenni's family owns 100 acres a stone's throw from Oklahoma City. A couple of times a year, they host a big camping weekend. We all get together, spend the days indulging in shooty goodness, and the evenings sitting around the campfire sharing whatever food, libations, and stories we brought along.

There's always someone who brings the "impress the masses" firearm. Last time, it was a .50 caliber. Here's Jenni firing it into the engine block of a 240 SX: www.youtube.com
--hide--

Woo hoo....Don't mess with Ginny! gangster That is some pretty good shootin'. So, inquiring minds want to know - how do we get invited to that party weekend...hmmmm??? wink laughing Ya' know, you would fit in perfectly at the CM Indy Farm Outing (held every October...see the Events page for details)...it is such a blast and Tim (it is his farm that we camp on) has a shooting range along with many other sports to partake in. I believe we used a Yugoslavin AK47 ??? or something like that???? The Indy Farm Outing is a great time....go check it out...the Events page...go now and look! Jerry from Texas might be coming up, too....maybe you guys could bring more Texans with you! cowboy CowGirl scratchchin wave

06/16/2012 new

Just realized the spelling...so is that you 'Ginny' or is it 'Jenni'....who is 'Jenni'? I can't tell if it is you shooting or another lady??? Hmmmm.?? Well, we won't mess with whoever it is. wink wide eyed

06/16/2012 new
No, that's my friend Jenni. In truth, I missed that one this past spring as I'd just gotten out of the hospital a couple of days earlier. I wasn't even cleared to go back to work yet. sad Jenni was kind enough to upload the video on YouTube and link it to her blog.

She's Jenni, I'm Ginny. S'alright, we look nothing at all alike. wink

The Indy meet sounds fantabulous, but I'll be attending my parish's ACTS retreat this October, and my illness ate up all but a couple of days of my leave. I'm afraid long-distance travel for me is out of the question this year. sorry
Posts 31 - 40 of 68