Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

06/14/2012 new

(Quote) Ann-69118 said: Women like closure but she sounds like she likes him and so asked her friends to help her out which ...
(Quote) Ann-69118 said:

Women like closure but she sounds like she likes him and so asked her friends to help her out which in my opinion is a mistake if he was still interested he would have called her. Sounds like she's chasing him which isn't a good senario especially if the feeling isn't mutual.

--hide--

"The fastest way to lose a boy is to chase him." (Nancy Drew, 1962)

"Men don't make a special date to break up. Its not an event to them. They don't call, avoid us, don't talk, and ignore us until we demand a declaration of mutual hatred," Joan Holloway Harris to Peggy Olson, Mad Men.

I would be very annoyed. But I'd tell the man like it is, and ignore her.

06/14/2012 new

Lynn I like your quote from Nancy Drew.......the fastest way to lose a boy is to chase him. I think the same is true for a girl also.

06/14/2012 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I think we meet some of the same people :) When you find out how to tell them apart from the re...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

I think we meet some of the same people :) When you find out how to tell them apart from the rest of the human population.....give me a ring.

--hide--

- or at least a phone call; a ring might be premature. smile

06/14/2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: "The fastest way to lose a boy is to chase him." (Nancy Drew, 1962)&...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

"The fastest way to lose a boy is to chase him." (Nancy Drew, 1962)

"Men don't make a special date to break up. Its not an event to them. They don't call, avoid us, don't talk, and ignore us until we demand a declaration of mutual hatred," Joan Holloway Harris to Peggy Olson, Mad Men.

I would be very annoyed. But I'd tell the man like it is, and ignore her.

--hide--

I like the Nancy Drew quote. I remember the books. biggrin

06/14/2012 new

(Quote) Keith-733524 said: I got a question for all of you. Went out last week. When I met my date she didn't look at al...
(Quote) Keith-733524 said:

I got a question for all of you. Went out last week. When I met my date she didn't look at all what she had posted on the site. She admitted that the picture was 10 years old and she asked me if I was mad. I told her that I was frustrated in that she didn't look like what she posted on the site. I told her that I don't like it when people are not honest. However we ordered our dinner and I made the best of it.

A couple of days later she called me up on the phone and wanted to know if I wanted to get together again and I said, "no, I didn't think it would be a good idea." She asked me why, as if we never talked about the fact that she wasn't honest. She told me that she was upset and that I am obviously afraid of committment and obviously, "hate women." Although I am not currently looking to get involved in full blown relationship, I don't hate women. She made the comment, "you obviously have been hurt and need therapy." Actua

Now I am at Church the other day and one of her male friends approaches me and says, "Hey I am a friend of "so and so" and she really likes you. Why don't you want to go out with her again?"

Don't worry it is nobody from this site, and although the gal is a professing Christian, I was not physically attracted to her and I especially don't like it when people are just dishonest from the get go. What do I do. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't want to go out with her again. I don't think that I need therapy because I don't want to go out with her again.

Thanks,

Keith

--hide--

Well, first, I'd be concerned about the honesty... I'd guess she's had her picture taken at least ONCE in 10 years.

But, NOW, I'd be concerned she's crazy! faint

I gotta give you credit. You continued with the date after feeling duped. You also answered the phone when she called. lol I think most guys would've ignored that call... MAYBE sent a text. You were a decent man about it all. But there is no reason for her to be crazy. Probably the only reason why you're concerned so much is because you ARE a decent man. Other men would've told her off or called her names, I am pretty sure. I'm not saying that's right to do, but I've heard how guys talk about crazy girls.

I hope she goes on a date with a new man soon....

06/14/2012 new

Tara, if she doesn't change her picture and update it the next guy will think the same thing. I don't understand why she has a 10 year old picture up??? When she goes on a date with anyone they will notice she has changed in her looks from her 10 year old picture. The same thing will happen to her again.

06/14/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: Tara, if she doesn't change her picture and update it the next guy will think the same thing....
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

Tara, if she doesn't change her picture and update it the next guy will think the same thing. I don't understand why she has a 10 year old picture up??? When she goes on a date with anyone they will notice she has changed in her looks from her 10 year old picture. The same thing will happen to her again.

--hide--

Well, maybe her date will be just as dishonest, and they will be PERFECT for each other! rolling eyes

06/14/2012 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: - or at least a phone call; a ring might be premature.
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

- or at least a phone call; a ring might be premature.

--hide--

Kevin, you're hilarious laughing

06/14/2012 new

(Quote) Keith-733524 said: I got a question for all of you. Went out last week. When I met my date she didn't look at al...
(Quote) Keith-733524 said:

I got a question for all of you. Went out last week. When I met my date she didn't look at all what she had posted on the site. She admitted that the picture was 10 years old and she asked me if I was mad. I told her that I was frustrated in that she didn't look like what she posted on the site. I told her that I don't like it when people are not honest. However we ordered our dinner and I made the best of it.

A couple of days later she called me up on the phone and wanted to know if I wanted to get together again and I said, "no, I didn't think it would be a good idea." She asked me why, as if we never talked about the fact that she wasn't honest. She told me that she was upset and that I am obviously afraid of committment and obviously, "hate women." Although I am not currently looking to get involved in full blown relationship, I don't hate women. She made the comment, "you obviously have been hurt and need therapy." Actua

Now I am at Church the other day and one of her male friends approaches me and says, "Hey I am a friend of "so and so" and she really likes you. Why don't you want to go out with her again?"

Don't worry it is nobody from this site, and although the gal is a professing Christian, I was not physically attracted to her and I especially don't like it when people are just dishonest from the get go. What do I do. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't want to go out with her again. I don't think that I need therapy because I don't want to go out with her again.

Thanks,

Keith

--hide--

She is rolling the dice as far as the picture is concerned. She is hoping she will find someone that will like her for more than looks. That being said she would be better off not posting a picture at all. She seems desperate, however she may not know her friend approached you after she talked on the phone with you. Hopefully at this point she will give up. If she calls again I would ask her why she would want to date a man that she thinks hates women, is afraid of commitment and needs therapy. That way you put it back in her court and you don't have to explain yourself any further.

06/14/2012 new

You know, I think what really may have bothered me more was the fact she posted a deceptive picture. Because of the stress they put on physical looks in the media, people think that is all there is to physical beauty. But in my life, I see alot of people who look physically beautiful to me because of the joy on their face, because of the way they behave. I have a friend, she is quiet and very genuine and very caring. If she were to post a picture on here alot of men might think she was just "okay". She's a little plump. But when you talk to her, her face lights up. You almost can't help but smile. And her smile in person is so beautiful that that's all you can really concentrate on. I sometimes think Mary must have been like that. If this girl would have been more accepting of her looks and have been more in touch with natural goodness, you may have asked her for another date. We should all stop and say a prayer for her, she must be really unhappy with herself to have posted an old picture. Hopefully, she will gain not only acceptance of her looks but see that God gave her HER particular looks for a reason. She really must try to do that. I have a feeling once she does she won't mind that a man doesn't want to go out with her again, she'll realize that it doesn't mean he finds her totally odious and if it does....perhaps he too harsh a critic.

I sometimes say these things to people I've turned down. If she contacts you again maybe you can help boosts her confidence and tell her that she really needs an updated picture and perhaps find something nice about her to say.....then tell her that she's a good catch, you just don't think you two would work for a long term relationship.

Posts 21 - 30 of 148