Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.

Moving to Boston

06/17/2012 new

Hey all,

I'm moving to the Boston area in July. Any endorsements for specific parishes or young adult groups? I'll be living in Norwood, but I don't mind travelling a little bit.

Thanks biggrin

06/17/2012 new

Hi Jimmy - I'm afraid I can't help you on the parishes/young adult groups, but I will also be moving to Boston in August - and am interested in any potential answers you might get on here! I will be living in Cambridge, and I am hoping that the University will have some sort of active grad-student scene...

06/17/2012 new

Check out St. Paul's parish in Cambridge. I don't know what programs they have but the pastor, Fr. Drea, used to be at my parish and did many young adult activities. I was happy that he became a pastor but was sorry to see him leave the parish.

06/18/2012 new

thanks for that advice Beth - will definitely check it out when I get there!

06/20/2012 new

I have some friends involved in this group: www.facebook.com

The young adult group for the archdiocese in Boston: www.one4boston.org

My friends up there are always participating in something or another around the Boston area, so hopefully you'll find lots to do wave

06/20/2012 new

(Quote) Meghan-108261 said: I have some friends involved in this group: www.facebook.com.
(Quote) Meghan-108261 said:

I have some friends involved in this group: www.facebook.com

The young adult group for the archdiocese in Boston: www.one4boston.org

My friends up there are always participating in something or another around the Boston area, so hopefully you'll find lots to do

--hide--

Thanks a lot Meghan :-)

Very helpful

08/26/2012 new

I used to be very active with the St. Ignatius Young Adult Group in Chestnut Hill (next to Boston College), I don't go there anymore because I'm not a "young adult" so I don't know how active it is. Also there is a young adult group that at the church that I go to - Our Lady's Help of Christians in Newton. There may be one at St. Patrick's Church in Watertown also. As far as your area I don't know of any.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7