Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

06/20/2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: Since men aren't mind readers, I have no problem telling them when I have some free time, or if I found a ne...
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

Since men aren't mind readers, I have no problem telling them when I have some free time, or if I found a new restaurant or event that I'd like to try out!

--hide--
I think that's awesome. If it was me I'd still pay, obviously, but that removes some of the pressure of asking, and also removes the pressure about restaurant choice. ;)
06/20/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-328251 said: Pursue? Pursue a woman? This isn't a game I play. I'll be accpted for who I am as a human...
(Quote) Brian-328251 said:

Pursue? Pursue a woman? This isn't a game I play. I'll be accpted for who I am as a human person and not made to perform like a buck in heat. Chivalry is fine, but I'm not into antiquated rites of courtship.

--hide--

ToB uses the word "pursue" all of the time. Let's not get into sematics.

06/20/2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: ToB uses the word "pursue" all of the time. Let's not get into...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

--hide--

SEMANTICS... lol (typo in previous message)

06/20/2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: (Quote) Brian-328251 said: Pursue? Pursue a woman? This isn't a game I ...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

Quote:
Brian-328251 said:

Pursue? Pursue a woman? This isn't a game I play. I'll be accpted for who I am as a human person and not made to perform like a buck in heat. Chivalry is fine, but I'm not into antiquated rites of courtship.

--hide--
Exactly! He was just twisting the connotation of a word used in totally different contexts.

Probably just wanting to stir the pot! Its getting cold!

06/20/2012 new
I think it's great that the majority of men would like to be asked out.I've done it.Just sitting around

hoping doesn't work if the man you like is asked out by some other woman.
06/20/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Exactly! He was just twisting the connotation of a word used in totally different contexts.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:

Exactly! He was just twisting the connotation of a word used in totally different contexts.

Probably just wanting to

--hide--

There is A LOT of that going on lately, which, I guess, is why many women are only posting in St. Ann's now. No one wants unnecessary stress, especially in a Catholic community.

06/20/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-854185 said: (Quote) Kathy-99973 said: Since men aren't mind readers, I have no problem tell...
(Quote) Dan-854185 said:
Quote:
Kathy-99973 said:

Since men aren't mind readers, I have no problem telling them when I have some free time, or if I found a new restaurant or event that I'd like to try out!

I think that's awesome. If it was me I'd still pay, obviously, but that removes some of the pressure of asking, and also removes the pressure about restaurant choice. ;)
--hide--

Yes, I tend to keep my purse and wallet closed! laughing wink

06/20/2012 new

Thats a tough call!! I've never had it happen to me so I would be a bit surprised. I would be open to it if I got to know about her a bit first, before accepting.

06/20/2012 new

I was brought up to believe that it was NEVER appropriate for a female to ask a male out, and I'm fine with it. Just wonder how many men are completely oblivious to a woman dropping her hankerchief? If you're not interested, just make her get it herself.

06/20/2012 new

Haha....Kate when I was in college my friend liked this guy and she wanted to stay longer to talk to him, but our friends were ready to go....so on the way down the stairs she purposely got herself a splinter.....so we had to stay so he could take it out ;)

Posts 81 - 90 of 200