Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
10/22/2012 new
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: Lorrie, I found that the book is in the public domain and is a free Kindle ebook. ( Explanation ...
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

Lorrie, I found that the book is in the public domain and is a free Kindle ebook.

( Explanation of Catholic Morals A Concise, Reasoned, and Popular Exposition of Catholic Morals by John H. (John Henry) Stapleton )

--hide--
Hey thanks! I downloaded it too, am reading it. I figure not much could have changed since 1903-04.
10/22/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Hey thanks! I downloaded it too, am reading it. I figure not much could have changed since 1903-04.
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Hey thanks! I downloaded it too, am reading it. I figure not much could have changed since 1903-04.
--hide--

Well, I cant imagine that anything has changes there. The only thing that changed are the people and the priest in their thinking. When have you last time heard a priest preach about SIN?

10/22/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Hey thanks! I downloaded it too, am reading it. I fig...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: Hey thanks! I downloaded it too, am reading it. I figure not much could have changed since 1903-04.

Well, I cant imagine that anything has changes there. The only thing that changed are the people and the priest in their thinking. When have you last time heard a priest preach about SIN?

--hide--

It is a good book, I didn't much could change either, except the first thing I looked up was on suicide, since it was always considered a sin, the last I heard they were talking differently that maybe it isn't, but I am still going by the old ways, and how I was taught. I think now they are trying to comfort people who lost their love ones through suicide.

10/22/2012 new

Andrea, the link below is where you can read it/download it for free in many different formats. It is in the public domain.

www.gutenberg.org

10/23/2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: Andrea, the link below is where you can read it/download it for free in many different formats. ...
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

Andrea, the link below is where you can read it/download it for free in many different formats. It is in the public domain.

www.gutenberg.org

--hide--

Got it biggrin !

Thanks so much for the link Sandra ... rose biggrin

10/24/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Hey thanks! I downloaded it too, am reading it. I fig...

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: Hey thanks! I downloaded it too, am reading it. I figure not much could have changed since 1903-04.

--hide--

I forgot to answer your question. It has been a long time since I last heard a priest talking and preaching about sin. I think they should be preaching about it, and reminding us to keep our souls in check, to exam our conscience and go to confession.

10/24/2012 new

For me, last Saturday. My priest has three favorite topics for his homilies and they touch on one of the three every time. He will have no problems in telling parishioners to go to Reconciliation. It sometimes amazes me how he can take the gospel readings and even if their is no obvious relation to confession, he will work it around and lo and behold ..there it is. He also does this for daily Mass too.... There are always set times for confession either before or after a particular Mass and at least three times a year we have a Reconciliation Service, with neighboring priests coming in to hear confession....which, of course, gives Father another opening for talking about it.

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Well, I cant imagine that anything has changes there. The only thing that changed are t...

--hide--

Posts 11 - 17 of 17