Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
06/28/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said:
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

That's a good suggestion and is what I was thinking to say. First, I would compliment the choir on their talent and then talk about how I would love to hear them sing some older hymns. Good idea Marian!




Yeah sandwhich it. Tell them there are some beautiful old arrangements around or just simply done..
Then compliment something they did today.


How's this sound, seriously:

'You have such beautiful voices! Have you ever considered hymns like Holy God We Praise Thy Name? You're all very talented.'

The good thing here is that I am sincere in all of the above.

--hide--


It is good. But they won't hear the middle comment if you don't pause and wait for them to answer. I would add "Many of us miss some of those types of hymns and woudl like to see them integrated back into the pick of songs again! What do you think of this idea? Is it crazy?..." (Said to the music director...) watch and see...the reaction.. I can't make any promistes. Treat it like a request instead of a compliant!!! hyper

06/28/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: <...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

That's a good suggestion and is what I was thinking to say. First, I would compliment the choir on their talent and then talk about how I would love to hear them sing some older hymns. Good idea Marian!




Yeah sandwhich it. Tell them there are some beautiful old arrangements around or just simply done..
Then compliment something they did today.


How's this sound, seriously:

'You have such beautiful voices! Have you ever considered hymns like Holy God We Praise Thy Name? You're all very talented.'

The good thing here is that I am sincere in all of the above.




It is good. But they won't hear the middle comment if you don't pause and wait for them to answer. I would add "Many of us miss some of those types of hymns and would like to see them integrated back into the pick of songs again! What do you think of this idea? Is it crazy?..." (Said to the music director...) watch and see...the reaction.. I can't make any promises. Treat it like a request instead of a complaint!!!

--hide--


Fixing my spelling above.

06/28/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: <...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

That's a good suggestion and is what I was thinking to say. First, I would compliment the choir on their talent and then talk about how I would love to hear them sing some older hymns. Good idea Marian!




Yeah sandwhich it. Tell them there are some beautiful old arrangements around or just simply done..
Then compliment something they did today.


How's this sound, seriously:

'You have such beautiful voices! Have you ever considered hymns like Holy God We Praise Thy Name? You're all very talented.'

The good thing here is that I am sincere in all of the above.




It is good. But they won't hear the middle comment if you don't pause and wait for them to answer. I would add "Many of us miss some of those types of hymns and woudl like to see them integrated back into the pick of songs again! What do you think of this idea? Is it crazy?..." (Said to the music director...) watch and see...the reaction.. I can't make any promistes. Treat it like a request instead of a compliant!!!

--hide--

Right, don't forget to pause. Exactly. It's a request, not a complaint. Good words Marian! rose hug

06/29/2012 new
Tom Booth has written a new Mass of the new setting, it is called the "Mass of the Desert" it is very prayerful and can be done with one voice.

Matt Maher has also done some new settings of the new translation of the Mass parts. Very well done, more upbeat.
06/30/2012 new

(Quote) Theresa-51103 said: Tom Booth has written a new Mass of the new setting, it is called the "Mass of the Desert" it...
(Quote) Theresa-51103 said: Tom Booth has written a new Mass of the new setting, it is called the "Mass of the Desert" it is very prayerful and can be done with one voice.

Matt Maher has also done some new settings of the new translation of the Mass parts. Very well done, more upbeat.
--hide--


Thank You Theresa.

06/30/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: So some of the new music composed is not very well liked?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:



So some of the new music composed is not very well liked?

--hide--

At my parish, the music settings are Mass of Christian Unity. I don't like it. It's not enthusiastic, it's not upbeat, it doesn't encourage anyone to sing. Last summer, the archdiocese decided every parish would be using Mass of Wisdom. That's written by the same guy who wrote Mass of Redemption. The melodies are completely new, so I think it would help people learn the new verbiage. At the last minute the archdiocese changed everyone to Mass of Christian Unity, but I don't know why. However, one Church uses the new Mass of Creation. The pastor there is VERY supportive of the music ministry there, and the music director can use the human capital better with that setting.

06/30/2012 new

(Quote) Sarah-837744 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: So some of the new music composed is no...
(Quote) Sarah-837744 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:



So some of the new music composed is not very well liked?


At my parish, the music settings are Mass of Christian Unity. I don't like it. It's not enthusiastic, it's not upbeat, it doesn't encourage anyone to sing. Last summer, the archdiocese decided every parish would be using Mass of Wisdom. That's written by the same guy who wrote Mass of Redemption. The melodies are completely new, so I think it would help people learn the new verbiage. At the last minute the archdiocese changed everyone to Mass of Christian Unity, but I don't know why. However, one Church uses the new Mass of Creation. The pastor there is VERY supportive of the music ministry there, and the music director can use the human capital better with that setting.

--hide--


This week I will try to note who the composer is at least, of my closest parish that I attend.

Posts 31 - 37 of 37