Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

06/27/2012 new

No... and no.

06/27/2012 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: I don't think you can adopt someone who's as old as 43.
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

I don't think you can adopt someone who's as old as 43.

--hide--
laughing

06/27/2012 new
(Quote) Laurie-523231 said: Very, very lucky. I still have three kids at home and they definitely keep me engaged with life! Does anyone...
(Quote) Laurie-523231 said:

Very, very lucky. I still have three kids at home and they definitely keep me engaged with life! Does anyone know what the age limits are on adoption? A friend told me it was 43 but maybe it varies by state.

--hide--

I think it varies on state and also what you are adopting, a child versus a baby. I know there are a lot of older kids in the system so I bet they are more lenient on ages for them. Babies maybe not but I think it's ageisn to not let people adopt after a certain age.
06/28/2012 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: I am open to all: blending my children with my future husband's if he has any, having more children, adopt...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

I am open to all: blending my children with my future husband's if he has any, having more children, adopting, or being a foster parent.

--hide--

I agree with Wendy. I don't count on kids, but I love them and I would make a terrific mother.
06/28/2012 new

Are any of you THAT financially well off to SERIOUSLY consider this question? HONESTY would be welcome! Oh, God will provide is a cop out!

06/28/2012 new

I would need stock in Excedrin! tongue

06/28/2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: ...... and I would make a terrific mother.
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

...... and I would make a terrific mother.
--hide--

I believe you would Dawn!!! hug Praying

06/28/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Are any of you THAT financially well off to SERIOUSLY consider this question? HONESTY would be ...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Are any of you THAT financially well off to SERIOUSLY consider this question? HONESTY would be welcome! Oh, God will provide is a cop out!

--hide--

Prayerfully considering decisions in our lives is not a cop out, it's a way of life.

06/28/2012 new

Ageism? I'm not so sure. I know that nothing in life is certain but an older adoptive parent is not likely to be around and in the child's life for as long as a younger parent would be. What a tragedy for a child to lose two sets of parents before the child reaches adulthood.

Taking care of children at an older age can be a big challenge, too. My youngest three were born when I was 39, 44, and 47. While I can't imagine life without them and I would willingly suffer anything for them, having children when you're older is hard on the body whether they're biological or adopted.

06/28/2012 new

Sometimes even a 43 year old needs a mommy. wink

Posts 11 - 20 of 89