Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

10/03/2012 new

Cardinals lose to the Reds 3-1! sad Despite that the Cardinals clinch the second place wild card as the Dodgers lose to the Giants 4-3! biggrin

Cardinals wrap up their regular season tonight and Friday they will play the Braves in Atlanta for a wild card championship.

10/03/2012 new

Congrats to the Cardinals for their 2nd Wild Card entry into the 1 game play in vs. Atlanta!

Exciting day for game 162 for each team! Post season finally shaping up.

NL

1. Nationals

2. Reds

3. Giants

4. Atlanta

5. St. Louis

AL (with Yankees currently up 9-1 over Red Sox and appearing to be the way to clinching AL East)

1. Yankees

2. A's

3. Tigers

4. and 5. Orioles and Rangers look to finish with same record. Unclear on head-to-head record if that is used as tie-break to see which team will be home team in the 1 game playoff.

Wild Card games Friday

NLDS Game # 1

Reds vs Giants in San Fran Saturday 10/6 9:37p

Nationals vs Braves OR Cardinals at Atlanta or St. Louis Sunday 10/7

ALDS Game #1

A's vs. Tigers at Detroit Saturday 10/6 6:00p

Yankees at Orioles or Rangers at Baltimore or Texas Sunday 10/7

Whew! Exciting stuff! Love this time of year! October Classic and football is full swing!

10/04/2012 new

Rookie right- hander Shelby Miller took a no-hitter into the sixth inning in his first career start and Matt Carpenter's run-scoring single in the eighth was all the Cardinals needed to win. Jason Motte collects his 42nd save of the season. highfive biggrin The Cardinals beat the Reds 1-0! I'm glad they won that game even though they clinched the second place wild card last night because I would of loved it if they would of clinched it with a win.

Final record for the Cardinals regular season: 88-74

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Melissa-836977 said: Congrats to the Cardinals for their 2nd Wild Card entry into the 1 game play in vs. Atlanta!
(Quote) Melissa-836977 said:

Congrats to the Cardinals for their 2nd Wild Card entry into the 1 game play in vs. Atlanta!

Exciting day for game 162 for each team! Post season finally shaping up.

NL

1. Nationals

2. Reds

3. Giants

4. Atlanta

5. St. Louis

AL (with Yankees currently up 9-1 over Red Sox and appearing to be the way to clinching AL East)

1. Yankees

2. A's

3. Tigers

4. and 5. Orioles and Rangers look to finish with same record. Unclear on head-to-head record if that is used as tie-break to see which team will be home team in the 1 game playoff.

Wild Card games Friday

NLDS Game # 1

Reds vs Giants in San Fran Saturday 10/6 9:37p

Nationals vs Braves OR Cardinals at Atlanta or St. Louis Sunday 10/7

ALDS Game #1

A's vs. Tigers at Detroit Saturday 10/6 6:00p

Yankees at Orioles or Rangers at Baltimore or Texas Sunday 10/7

Whew! Exciting stuff! Love this time of year! October Classic and football is full swing!

--hide--

Go Cardinals! Make it 12 in 12!

10/05/2012 new

[quote]Tom-432657 said:Go Cardinals! Make it 12 in 12
This is a football weekend- might get to wats our cards if my college friend is not watching Bonanza :-<

10/05/2012 new
Cardinals win 6-3 and advance to the division series against the Nationals! highfive Of course that fly ball that dropped on the field in the eighth should of been an error.
10/07/2012 new

I do not like the 2-3 format because the higher seed might not know where their postseason starts until a day before the game.

I can not believe that my Texas Rangers choked so badly down the stretch. Their offseason will be interesting.

10/07/2012 new
Cardinals lose 3-2 in Game 1 after being 4 outs away from a win! hissyfit
10/08/2012 new
Cardinals pound the Nationals 12-4 in Game 2 and even up the series at a game apiece. highfive Jon Jay made an outstanding catch in the sixth and Carlos Beltran hit a pair of homers.
10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Cardinals lose 3-2 in Game 1 after being 4 outs away from a win!
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Cardinals lose 3-2 in Game 1 after being 4 outs away from a win!
--hide--

That does not sound like much of a heartbreak compared to my Rangers last year...

Posts 171 - 180 of 200