Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

You know, I had one of my very worst springs ever. I dealt with the anniversary of Phil's death and I was terribly wounded by someone I trust implicitly. I never thought I would see the light of day. I went to see my minister friend. I cried out to him and I said that I was waiting to be blessed anew like Job was blessed anew. You know what he told me? He said that he had always wondered about that becaus while job was indeed blessed and Job did find love again, he didn't get his wife or children back. Wow! So, I have been incredibly blessed this week. I have blogged every day for the first year about my journey of military loss and faith. A publisher wants my book. My children are being blessed beyond belief, yet I long for the companionship and wanting to share that with someone who is just as awestruck as I am that anything I say people want to read. I wonder if I should even ask God for more. One of the verses I pondered this spring was Job 42:5. Which in essence says that prior to the loss of every thing, Job had only heard about God's goodness, but now he has seen God's goodness. I do see the blessings in my life.
06/30/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: You know, I had one of my very worst springs ever. I dealt with the anniversary of Phil's death and ...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said: You know, I had one of my very worst springs ever. I dealt with the anniversary of Phil's death and I was terribly wounded by someone I trust implicitly. I never thought I would see the light of day. I went to see my minister friend. I cried out to him and I said that I was waiting to be blessed anew like Job was blessed anew. You know what he told me? He said that he had always wondered about that becaus while job was indeed blessed and Job did find love again, he didn't get his wife or children back. Wow! So, I have been incredibly blessed this week. I have blogged every day for the first year about my journey of military loss and faith. A publisher wants my book. My children are being blessed beyond belief, yet I long for the companionship and wanting to share that with someone who is just as awestruck as I am that anything I say people want to read. I wonder if I should even ask God for more. One of the verses I pondered this spring was Job 42:5. Which in essence says that prior to the loss of every thing, Job had only heard about God's goodness, but now he has seen God's goodness. I do see the blessings in my life.
--hide--
This has a familiar ring to it -- something good arising from something bad. It's just that it doesn't always happen right away, and sometimes we might be oblivious to it.

Ask for more? My thought is that it never hurts to ask -- just don't expect the answer you want to get. Anything we ask for, of course, should be with the understanding that it be in accordance with the Good Lord's will. We can't ask for the past to become a rerun -- it just isn't going to happen. We can't ask for the impossible (all things are possible with God, but not suitable or possible for us).

What's occured for you is that you can't retrieve the past, but you have been given the "present" (yes--as a matter of time, and as a gift); plus the added benefit of an unexpected "gift" to help you in the future. That is indeed a blessing.

If we truly set our minds to it, we can (and certainly should) see the blessings in our lives -- the fact we're still breathing, family, friends, awesome places to see and visit, and ad infinitum. Job had his trials that would have soured a great number of people, but he persevered through all of his difficulties and was rewarded for it.

Even if the day hasn't gone particularly well, I still realize it's "temporary" (as is everything on earth) and that change is inevitable. As another means of coping, I sometimes look at a Crucifix and imagine Jesus saying to me, "So you think you're having a bad day....". Sounds a bit irreverent, but it definitely has an impact.

You've been granted an opportunity to share your writing talents with a massive audience. Few people are granted this opportunity.

06/30/2012 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: This has a familiar ring to it -- something good arising from something bad. It's just that it doesn't al...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

This has a familiar ring to it -- something good arising from something bad. It's just that it doesn't always happen right away, and sometimes we might be oblivious to it.

Ask for more? My thought is that it never hurts to ask -- just don't expect the answer you want to get. Anything we ask for, of course, should be with the understanding that it be in accordance with the Good Lord's will. We can't ask for the past to become a rerun -- it just isn't going to happen. We can't ask for the impossible (all things are possible with God, but not suitable or possible for us).

What's occured for you is that you can't retrieve the past, but you have been given the "present" (yes--as a matter of time, and as a gift); plus the added benefit of an unexpected "gift" to help you in the future. That is indeed a blessing.

If we truly set our minds to it, we can (and certainly should) see the blessings in our lives -- the fact we're still breathing, family, friends, awesome places to see and visit, and ad infinitum. Job had his trials that would have soured a great number of people, but he persevered through all of his difficulties and was rewarded for it.

Even if the day hasn't gone particularly well, I still realize it's "temporary" (as is everything on earth) and that change is inevitable. As another means of coping, I sometimes look at a Crucifix and imagine Jesus saying to me, "So you think you're having a bad day....". Sounds a bit irreverent, but it definitely has an impact.

You've been granted an opportunity to share your writing talents with a massive audience. Few people are granted this opportunity.

--hide--
I am deeply humbled, but it is also very scary to have one's faith out there. Some people look for the flaws in people that claim faith, but that is what my journey is about. Still....
Posts 1 - 3 of 3