Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/31/2012 new

(Quote) Christine-868953 said: Uh-oh Lorraine, I am a 4/7 girl and I guess a so called 'cafeteria Catholic'.
(Quote) Christine-868953 said:

Uh-oh Lorraine, I am a 4/7 girl and I guess a so called 'cafeteria Catholic'. I guess I'm going to burn up in hell too. Hey, at least I'll know people...

Good thing it is not Their judgment we must pass.
--hide--

That is a good thing? boggled

07/31/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Christine-868953 said: Uh-oh Lorraine, I am a 4/7 girl and I gues...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Christine-868953 said:

Uh-oh Lorraine, I am a 4/7 girl and I guess a so called 'cafeteria Catholic'. I guess I'm going to burn up in hell too. Hey, at least I'll know people...

That is a good thing?

--hide--

This type of response really doesn't help...

07/31/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Christine-868953 said: Uh-oh Lorraine, I am a 4/7 girl and I guess a so called &...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Christine-868953 said:

Sincet his is a sentiment I've seen expressed by many people in many places, I'll ask a rhetorical question:

Have you reflected on the fact that people who warn of the danger of being a "cafeteria Catholic" are not judging, but trying to help you by explaining an objective truth? And the potential consequences?

God has an infinite amount of mercy for sinners -- who repent. Obviously,t hose who reject a teaching of the Church cant' repent for sins against that teaching because they don't accept the sins as being sins. And with each sin our heart gets a little harder, a little more distant from God. If they are mortal sins (as those offenses against the most commonly rejected teachings are), the first one removes us completely from a state of grace.

Yes, we may eventually realize our error and repent. but what happens if our life is taken before we do?

Make me realize, O my God! the nothingness of this world, the greatness of heaven the shortness of time, and the length of eternity.

Grant that I may prepare for death; that I may fear thy judgments, and in the end obtain heaven; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Universal Prayer (Pope Clement XI) catholocity.net

--hide--

I have a very strong, powerful, and personal relationship with God my creator and savior. I also am what I am. If there is some perceived problem with my design, then take it up with the designer. It is his judgment I must pass, his counsel that I keep.
08/02/2012 new

An overly inclusive 'pretty big net', the World Wide Web, can be as biassed as a very small statistical sample against those exclusive (or relatively rare ) attributes (devout and never married and around your age) in which you are interested. Would it be possible to investigate Catholic populations that may remain invisible if you confine your search to that part of the real and cyberworld that talks only in English?

www.newadvent.org

08/02/2012 new
(Quote) Christine-868953 said: I have a very strong, powerful, and personal relationship with God my creator and savior. I also am wh...
(Quote) Christine-868953 said:

I have a very strong, powerful, and personal relationship with God my creator and savior. I also am what I am. If there is some perceived problem with my design, then take it up with the designer. It is his judgment I must pass, his counsel that I keep.
--hide--

Everyone can say that they are who they are. But God is who God is too. In face, HE is the great "I AM." and if there are rules, it is God who makes the rules, and no matter how you and I are created, the rules ALL apply to us just the same. To say that God made me to be this or that, and it is against His rules, is no excuse to break His rules. That is faulty logic.
08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: That is a good thing?

That is a good thing?

--hide--

No it really doesn't Bernard and it is exactly the kind of comment that often keeps members from posting in the forums.

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--
I joined hoping that maybe I would meet my Mr. Right For Me. I haven't yet, but I have made some good friends.

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: That is a good thing? <...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

That is a good thing?

No it really doesn't Bernard and it is exactly the kind of comment that often keeps members from posting in the forums.

--hide--
Then delete my comment Brian.

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Then delete my comment Brian.

--hide--

It serves as a good reminder to everyone.

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Then delete my comment Brian.
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

It serves as a good reminder to everyone.

--hide--
Okay. smile

Posts 101 - 110 of 131