Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Brian-278516 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Brian-278516 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Then delete my comment Brian.

It serves as a good reminder to everyone.

Okay.

--hide--
I guess I'll have to send myself to Sr.Matildas Office! ashamed i245.photobucket.com

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Richard-831657 said: Stefan's general analysis is a good one, that he is not likely to meet wo...
(Quote) Richard-831657 said:

Stefan's general analysis is a good one, that he is not likely to meet women at engineering school or in the engineering field. Any group, class, or activity in which women outnumber men could be helpful to an engineer. Catholic Match will also give you exposure to many more women than you would meet in engineering school.......

I don't know many female engineers well enough to know what their spouses do for a living. I can think of a couple of female engineers married to engineers. So AnneMarie could well be correct. I know that lawyers often marry lawyers.

Most male engineers marry women from other career paths, if only because there are so few female engineers. So looking elsewhere makes sense. I can think of some male engineers who married schoolteachers, myself for example. In those cases, the couple tends to have different strengths, making a better team, if they both acknowledge who is good at what.

There is a separate issue about the merits of marrying career women, regardless of their career, given that there is some statistical data indicating a higher divorce rate for career women. However, I don't think that this is enough of a factor to dictate your choice. One of the female engineers I know decided to stay home with her three kids; she was a good engineer, and a good person with a good husband.

Younger women may be looking for flash rather than engineering geeks, but the smart ones know that engineers are good providers, and have lower divorce rates than the population at large. Plus they can fix things. ;-) The downside is that engineers are not generally great with people issues, and have trouble understanding people with an emotional worldview. You just need the right woman. Some women will like a solid guy with integrity, values, and a good job, and you only need one woman.

Richard

--hide--

I have a brother who married a chemical engineer. She is a type AAA person to say the least. He is a backhoe operator when there is work for him. Otherwise he is a stay-at-home dad. They have 8 children eyepopping (1 hers, 2 his, 5 theirs) plus 1 dog... wink and love eachother dearly.

08/07/2012 new

I joined CM because I want to find a soul mate who believes in the Catholic Church and lives his Catholic Faith. I joined also because a friend suggested it. I never would've thought of it otherwise. wink

08/07/2012 new

Stefan I have a chemistry major in my Catholic student organization your age, maybe I should point her toward Colorado...

08/09/2012 new

I saw the ad in the parish bulletin and thought why not? Been a member ever since.

08/09/2012 new

I joined up because I thought it would be a good way to meet someone that I could be come friends with and possably become a wife. I don't know if I should continue with what I'm thinking becasue I'm feeling bitter right now about the whole thing. Let me just say that I've been trying for 5 years and leave it at that.

08/25/2012 new

I joined to find that special someone as God intended it(see my profile for more details) & to ultimately find true love & live happily ever after, the whole fairy tail, I realize that may not exist in reality anymore, that's just my sappy hopeless romantic view on the subject.

08/26/2012 new

My daughter signed me up the first time. It had been a few years since her father’s death and she thought I didn’t need to be alone. Of course, she was right, but I’m not sure I was ready to start a new life at that time. Now I have wrestled with those issues and about a year ago I finally decided that I was ready to start a new life.

So for me the question became why did I stay on CM? I stayed on CM to be found by my next prince charming. I live in a rural area and there are not many Catholic single men my age. CM has many Catholic single men my age, so it seems the right place to be found by one.

The wonderful surprise was the forums. Here I have enjoyed interesting and informative conversations with other Catholics. The camaraderie has turned out to be the best thing I have found on CM so far and it’s been great. As for being “found”, well I trust God to handle that in His good time. In the meantime, I am enjoying the online Church community I have been so blessed to find on CatholicMatch.

Thank you for posting this question, Jeff. It has been one of the most pleasant forums to read.

- Elizabeth

08/26/2012 new

I've been on Catholic Match over the last couple of years for different reasons. This last time I joined to read the fourms because in doing so I am learning how to be single. After 21 years of being married, I really don't know how to be single.

My kids, my friends, and my family all keep telling me I should date, but they don't tell me how to go about it. Can anyone relate to this?

08/26/2012 new

Hi Jeff, I'm new to CM. I joined because I want to find a good man who shares my Catholic faith. It's very difficult to be a real practicing Catholic out ther in the secular world. I think most people who join are looking for more than what you find on secular sights (which unfortunately I find, tends to be just sex). People want real meaningful relationships. I'm looking for someone I can hopefully spend the next half of my life with.

Posts 111 - 120 of 131