Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

08/27/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: You've made a great start coming to a Catholic dating site!
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

You've made a great start coming to a Catholic dating site!

--hide--

This is not a dating site, it is more like a community. Be careful! I came here a couple of years ago for that reason and I am looking for someone who is seriously looking for a good person. I will trust in the Lord to lead me whether it is here or somewhere else. God bless you all!

08/27/2012 new

I joined after seeing CM advertised in the church bulletin several times. I am on another site as well. I have met several in communication between these sites although only a few which we both decided to meet personally. Unfortunately it didn't turn out. Not that they were not good, descent people but that I've felt rushed into a serious relationship and did not feel they were really wanting to get to know me. (No commitment issues here!) I may be wrong but that's how I felt. All but 1 did i remain friends with. I do understand where your coming from Jeff. Sometimes it's hard and I myself from time to time have put the pressure on myself. For me, I've always seen myself as a husband and/or father from a young age (although I did not know it). I would have never thought I'd be on a "dating site" but I try not to look at it that way. Relationships come from friendships and I pray that God leads 'US' together. That's all we can do. I am surprised some of the negative experiences from women on this or other sites. (There are good guys out there ladies! I'd like to think I am one of them!) :) I'm sure there are both men and women with other intentions. I've ran into some myself. Just gotta weed em out. I just act myself and go from there. I'm happy with myself and who I am and this is just another way of getting "out" and meeting people. I pray us all!

08/29/2012 new
Well in this sometimes busy and mobile world it can be difficult to be able to really meet someone outside of work and responsibilities - i want a relationship with a decent person with good morals - it was a relative that told me of this site several months ago - thought i would give it a try and am impressed as generally have had good interactions
08/29/2012 new

Meeting new people who share the same view / belief, also hopefully to meet my significant other.

08/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Well, for starters, I am Catholic. ;) That's one reason why. Second, I have a friend who met h...
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Well, for starters, I am Catholic. ;) That's one reason why. Second, I have a friend who met her husband on here a few years ago and they are now married with a son. They're not only hopelessly, helplessly in love with each other but they are each other's best friends. And she told me that I should try this site out so I did.

I've been off-and-on Catholic Match for the last two years. I've communicated with a few women. I have yet to meet anyone face-to-face although I did come close to meeting someone in New York last year. It didn't work out because she got cold feet and there were other issues going on in her life which caused the meeting to be postponed. Ultimately, the meeting never happened because she had a change of heart. I really wanted to go, too. So, as you can imagine, it was quite disappointing not to get to meet her after weeks of communication on the phone and through email.

I don't know why it is, but where I live in South Carolina is not a state where a lot of women are from on Catholic Match. South Carolina mostly has Baptists, but there are some Catholics and for some reason there aren't many of them on this site. My problem is that I'm now in this inconvenient age bracket. I'm 39 and I'll be 40. I'm too young for the older women and too old for the younger women. So, I'm kind of stuck, you know what I mean? I mean, unless I win the lottery, become famous or get elected to political office. ;-)

I've dated non-Catholic women and that's never been a problem for me. It's just that over time I decided that I want to marry a woman who shares Catholic values as I do. And we can then raise a child or children to be Catholic. And I know that some women aren't going to like me saying this, but I want to have at least one child with a woman. I don't mind if she's already got a child or children from a previous relationship. I just want us to have at least one child together. And I'd rather be honest from the get-go than to lead someone on and have them believing something that isn't true or real. If you don't want to have any more kids, fine. I accept that. Then I'm not your man. But I do want to have kids. And, believe me, I sure wish that I would have been married and had children sooner. But it wasn't always my fault or up to me. I got a late start in life and love because I was very shy when I was younger and didn't date much. I also concetrated on my work a lot more than relationships when I was younger. And I thought I had found my soulmate three years ago. She was someone that I would have married had things progressed in the relationship. But it wasn't meant to be.

So, that's why I joined Catholic Match. And I'm trying really hard to get my money's worth on here. :)

--hide--

Hmmm why did i join CM? scratchchin Ok i joined CM to meet some one nice maybe that one special person, since i have been to secular site and all that the men want is talk sex and have sex. So i got tired of that. I was reading an advert in my parish about singles meeting, copy the site address, found out i copy the wrong address, so i started stuffing the net came across CM, that was last year dec, met lot of nice guys here, but met one particular guy, we kind of click right from start. we exchange email address and graudate to skype, for the pass nine month things have being going great, he said he love me started talking about marriage at first i was not buying into that but he told me that he truly love me, he is from croatia. He create a blog for me where he writes poems for me. but all of a sudden early this month he started behaving strangely, he remove me from his contact on skype block me from able to veiw the blog, remove his contact from facebook, it was like he disappear from the face of the earth. 2 weeks later he asked his sister to contact me, which she did and told me he was in the hospital that he had a mental breakdown, when we were able to talk he told me that he no longer believe in God, I tried to let him see that there is no reason for him to say that there is no God, after we finished talking he said that he will try and go for Mass and confession. so when we met the following he just told me that he is in love with someone else that he just me the lady. hmmmm this is where got interesting, I asked him if he was joking or serious he said that he is serious, so i logged out of skype for just am momoent for him not to see me crying, and when i logged in back he had remove me from his contact. i have never felt this hurt in my life. so I asked myself why did i join CM?

08/29/2012 new

sorry to hear about that Josephine, it has happened to me several times, some people are like that in long distance relationships, they do not take the other seriously and use them between relationships to cover the void in their lives.

I joined this site to meet someone with my beleifs, the mormans, baptists, athiests, j. whitnesses buddists, etc.. just did not care for what i beleived in. This site narrows it down a bit.

08/29/2012 new

Peer Pressure!

08/29/2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-777682 said: Hmmm why did i join CM? Ok i joined CM to meet some one nice maybe that one spec...
(Quote) Josephine-777682 said:

Hmmm why did i join CM? Ok i joined CM to meet some one nice maybe that one special person, since i have been to secular site and all that the men want is talk sex and have sex. So i got tired of that. I was reading an advert in my parish about singles meeting, copy the site address, found out i copy the wrong address, so i started stuffing the net came across CM, that was last year dec, met lot of nice guys here, but met one particular guy, we kind of click right from start. we exchange email address and graudate to skype, for the pass nine month things have being going great, he said he love me started talking about marriage at first i was not buying into that but he told me that he truly love me, he is from croatia. He create a blog for me where he writes poems for me. but all of a sudden early this month he started behaving strangely, he remove me from his contact on skype block me from able to veiw the blog, remove his contact from facebook, it was like he disappear from the face of the earth. 2 weeks later he asked his sister to contact me, which she did and told me he was in the hospital that he had a mental breakdown, when we were able to talk he told me that he no longer believe in God, I tried to let him see that there is no reason for him to say that there is no God, after we finished talking he said that he will try and go for Mass and confession. so when we met the following he just told me that he is in love with someone else that he just me the lady. hmmmm this is where got interesting, I asked him if he was joking or serious he said that he is serious, so i logged out of skype for just am momoent for him not to see me crying, and when i logged in back he had remove me from his contact. i have never felt this hurt in my life. so I asked myself why did i join CM?

--hide--

Oh, Josephine, each closed door can be a blessing and steer us to the right door. I am so sorry you have been hurt. But it is better to risk hurt than to never find the love God has for us. I am so glad you are here on CM. We are a Catholic community and together we can share the love of Christ with each other. Keeping posting, Josephine. God can take every mess and create a blessing.

- Elizabeth

08/30/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-717456 said: sorry to hear about that Josephine, it has happened to me several times, some people are like that...
(Quote) Leon-717456 said:

sorry to hear about that Josephine, it has happened to me several times, some people are like that in long distance relationships, they do not take the other seriously and use them between relationships to cover the void in their lives.

I joined this site to meet someone with my beleifs, the mormans, baptists, athiests, j. whitnesses buddists, etc.. just did not care for what i beleived in. This site narrows it down a bit.

--hide--

Thanks Leon am trusting God to see me through each day i believe that am going to marry a catholic one day a God fearing catholic who share the same faith with me

08/30/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Oh, Josephine, each closed door can be a blessing and steer us to the right door...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Oh, Josephine, each closed door can be a blessing and steer us to the right door. I am so sorry you have been hurt. But it is better to risk hurt than to never find the love God has for us. I am so glad you are here on CM. We are a Catholic community and together we can share the love of Christ with each other. Keeping posting, Josephine. God can take every mess and create a blessing.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Bless you Elizabeth for you words of encouragement that is while am back to CM where faith comes alive

Posts 121 - 130 of 131