Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/07/2012 new
(Quote) Adam-399324 said: Credit where credit is due: Of all the disgruntled statement I've come acr...
(Quote) Adam-399324 said:

Credit where credit is due: Of all the disgruntled statement I've come across on here, this one is by far the most intriguing!

As an entirely selfish matter, I'm all for it!

--hide--

Here's the reason for that comment: I speak to many wonderful women here who would make wonderful wives. Yet men are bypassing them for many reasons, many of which are superficial. Meanwhile many of the men admit bypassing women for what would be superficial reasons like looks, ages, etc even when they themselves aren't all that.
07/08/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Attendence at CM events is usually 3:1 female to male.. With most of the male members bei...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Attendence at CM events is usually 3:1 female to male.. With most of the male members being in their mid 40's.. Between people I know personally, it seems most of the marriages are people in their 40's..

--hide--

3:1 female to male ratio? As Dan may say, "---> yeah, baby!!!!"

07/09/2012 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: To prove to myself, empirically, powered by the scope and reach of the World Wide Web (a pretty big net), that trul...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

To prove to myself, empirically, powered by the scope and reach of the World Wide Web (a pretty big net), that truly, there is nobody for me.

That there is no devout Catholic never married man (i.e. someone like me) for me--to prove what my own life experience has already been telling me ("there is nobody for you"), what everyone has been telling me for years ("Are you crazy? There are no devout never married Catholic guys your age.") And after 10 years (to the month, my friends, happy CM anniversary to me!) I still have not found anyone who is my match.

In the social sciences I think 10 years of data gathering proves the point, what do y'all think?

--hide--

Your post hit me because while I am younger than you, I don't live far from you and I am in the same situation. Lately I have been asking myself what if I don't meet anyone? Should I lower my standard or accept what it is? for me, I have accepted that I refuse to lower my standards and am ok being alone if it's what it is. Not happy about it, but being alone is preferable to marrying a man who isn't what I deem necessary (meaning childless and never married). Do you think you will have to lower your standards or face being alone, or do you feel you will find what you desire? I feel that if something is that important to them they will find it. I know many men who married later in life so have hope you will find one as well.
07/09/2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: Your post hit me because while I am younger than you, I don't live far from you and I am in t...
(Quote) Dawn-758914 said:

Your post hit me because while I am younger than you, I don't live far from you and I am in the same situation. Lately I have been asking myself what if I don't meet anyone? Should I lower my standard or accept what it is? for me, I have accepted that I refuse to lower my standards and am ok being alone if it's what it is. Not happy about it, but being alone is preferable to marrying a man who isn't what I deem necessary (meaning childless and never married). Do you think you will have to lower your standards or face being alone, or do you feel you will find what you desire? I feel that if something is that important to them they will find it. I know many men who married later in life so have hope you will find one as well.
--hide--

Dawn,

I would just like to point out to you, that by your stated criteria, someone who made a mistake and married someone in the Catholic Church, later got divorced and the Church recognized an annulment is not worthy of you, while someone who may have been highly promiscuous, but never married, is acceptable to you. This is what may be deferred by your definition if I am understanding it correctly.

If your definition is you want a male virgin at 40+, then that is certainly your perogative, though I have no idea how you prove or disprove it in this life.

07/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--

Jeff, I joined Catholic Match because in the area where I live, even though it is only an hour from the capital city and 90 minutes from several college towns, Omaha, and Kansas City, there were really no ways to meet women who didn't reside in my home community area. Despite what my posts may indicate, I'm not a regular bar goer, and my most frequent bar/restaurant is a private golf club. I joined to meet a Catholic woman who would be the love of my life. I've belonged to other dating sites, but never really have met anyone that was a keeper, and there are a large volume of users there who aren't looking for a permanent relationship. I thought I'd find that on Catholic match. I've found many potential matches, and met a great variety of people, and had great conversations on the fora here.

I am hopeful and believe that God will lead me to that love, and that this is a tool He can use. I am not called to be a celibate, and so must be proactive in the search. . . "He who FINDS a wife (not waits around for one) finds a good thing indeed, and receives favor from the Lord."

07/09/2012 new

(Quote) Adam-399324 said: (Quote) Dawn-758914 said: I think the women here for the most part are much better...
(Quote) Adam-399324 said:

Quote:
Dawn-758914 said: I think the women here for the most part are much better than most of the men

Credit where credit is due: Of all the disgruntled statement I've come across on here, this one is by far the most intriguing!

As an entirely selfish matter, I'm all for it!

--hide--

wow!..

07/10/2012 new

My friend suggested me to join CM about four years ago. I think it is quite good, so I continue my membership till now.

07/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--

Similar story to many here I guess, I have over the years as i've gotten older found it more and more difficult to find practicising Catholic friends. I dont really do that many retreats etc due to my working pattern. I have tried the whole internet dating thing in the past but thought this site would be the best fit as people have the same outlook for the most part. My only problem with it is that most people live far away from Ireland but I still pray that maybe "she" will see me here biggrin

07/10/2012 new

I first joined Catholic Match back in 2007. I joined after trying some of the more mainstream dating sites and not being happy with some of the women I was matched with. I wanted to meet people with who a little more serious about their faith, although that I discovered that wasn't always the case with most of the people I've encountered on here.

I went out with a few girls on here, was a regular in the chat rooms when they first started, were a ton of interesting people in there, was an occasional poster to these forums (although I should post in here more often). I discovered that Catholic match is much more social than most of the other dating websites.

Eventually I found my girlfriend on here and we were together for two years. We recently broke up and I decided to re-join. I re-joined probably for the same reasons I joined the first time but also because I missed the interactions I had with people on here.

07/10/2012 new

--hide--

To find a Catholic mate with whom I might be equally yoked. scratchchin shhh

And to find a Catholic community beyond Church. Praying

flower

Posts 51 - 60 of 131