Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/22/2012 new

I joined to meet that special someone I can grow old with...what I found in the meantime as totally unexpected and such a blessing. I found a community of committed, caring Catholics who love God and each other and are supportive, fun, and help me rebuild my self-esteem after my divorce. I appreciate everything each person brings and I enjoy being on here.

Lorrie

07/23/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--

I joined CM in January of this year. Durring the holidays the family conversation always turns to the inevitable question of when are you going to find someone.... I saw CM in the church bulletin before and decided that having a CM membership would allow me to answer the question with "well see I'm trying it just hasn't worked out" LOL shhh

07/29/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I don't know any female engineers who don't marry other engineers. It just w...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I don't know any female engineers who don't marry other engineers. It just works out that way.

--hide--

Stefan's general analysis is a good one, that he is not likely to meet women at engineering school or in the engineering field. Any group, class, or activity in which women outnumber men could be helpful to an engineer. Catholic Match will also give you exposure to many more women than you would meet in engineering school.......

I don't know many female engineers well enough to know what their spouses do for a living. I can think of a couple of female engineers married to engineers. So AnneMarie could well be correct. I know that lawyers often marry lawyers.

Most male engineers marry women from other career paths, if only because there are so few female engineers. So looking elsewhere makes sense. I can think of some male engineers who married schoolteachers, myself for example. In those cases, the couple tends to have different strengths, making a better team, if they both acknowledge who is good at what.

There is a separate issue about the merits of marrying career women, regardless of their career, given that there is some statistical data indicating a higher divorce rate for career women. However, I don't think that this is enough of a factor to dictate your choice. One of the female engineers I know decided to stay home with her three kids; she was a good engineer, and a good person with a good husband.

Younger women may be looking for flash rather than engineering geeks, but the smart ones know that engineers are good providers, and have lower divorce rates than the population at large. Plus they can fix things. ;-) The downside is that engineers are not generally great with people issues, and have trouble understanding people with an emotional worldview. You just need the right woman. Some women will like a solid guy with integrity, values, and a good job, and you only need one woman.

Richard

07/30/2012 new

(Quote) Ramona-738757 said: Jeff, this was the perfect venue for me. I love meeting new people. It was a challenge of a ...
(Quote) Ramona-738757 said:

Jeff, this was the perfect venue for me. I love meeting new people.
It was a challenge of a personal nature because I never considered on-line dating before. And, becuase my faith has always come first, I thought here would be a good place to start. I love to share ideas and try to see different views.
I saw the add at my parish on the bulletin board.
It will be a year this August.
I have no regrets. Even the unfortunate things. I'm grateful because I've learn what not to be and that many of my ideals are fine with me...no matter what.

--hide--
I shall be leaving CM.
And in a warped way I shall miss it.
I'm my happiest when I'm debating, a part of an in depth conversation and humour.
I came to find not like minded people. But, persons who would challenge me...And yes, change me.
Would've loved to have found someone to share my love with. Instead I find many a person still trying to find love in itself.
It wasn't my time.

Peace.

07/30/2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Well said Mary, except I am changing the word "might" to "am...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Well said Mary, except I am changing the word "might" to "am"......

To find a Catholic mate with whom I am equally yoked (with).

And to find a Catholic community beyond Church.

--hide--

07/30/2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-876555 said: (Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Well said Mary, except I am changing...
(Quote) Kathleen-876555 said:

Quote:
Wendy-387654 said:

Well said Mary, except I am changing the word "might" to "am"......

To find a Catholic mate with whom I am equally yoked (with).

And to find a Catholic community beyond Church.

--hide--

I joined out of curiosity. There are no songles groups here so decided just to see. No expectations but I have made a new friend. I don't plan to be here long. Just passing thru so to speak.

07/30/2012 new
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--
I came here to find respectful gentlemen that appreciate me for the person God made me to be and vice versa, but I havent found anyone that does yet.
07/30/2012 new
(Quote) Lorraine-361741 said: Honestly I joined because my best friend got engaged and I figured it's time for me to get someone in my...
(Quote) Lorraine-361741 said:

Honestly I joined because my best friend got engaged and I figured it's time for me to get someone in my life. I am Catholic, but my boyfriend/future husband doesn't have to be Catholic; it would preferable if they were, but it's not mandatory.

Honestly, I haven't had the best experience on this site when it comes to the men [I'm a 5 out of 7 girl and therefore will go to hell], however I've made some awesome friends!

--hide--

Uh-oh Lorraine, I am a 4/7 girl and I guess a so called 'cafeteria Catholic'. I guess I'm going to burn up in hell too. Hey, at least I'll know people...

Good thing it is not Their judgment we must pass. hug
07/30/2012 new

(Quote) Christine-868953 said: Uh-oh Lorraine, I am a 4/7 girl and I guess a so called 'cafeteria Catholic'. I guess I'...
(Quote) Christine-868953 said:

Uh-oh Lorraine, I am a 4/7 girl and I guess a so called 'cafeteria Catholic'. I guess I'm going to burn up in hell too. Hey, at least I'll know people...

Good thing it is not Their judgment we must pass.
--hide--

Sincet his is a sentiment I've seen expressed by many people in many places, I'll ask a rhetorical question:

Have you reflected on the fact that people who warn of the danger of being a "cafeteria Catholic" are not judging, but trying to help you by explaining an objective truth? And the potential consequences?

God has an infinite amount of mercy for sinners -- who repent. Obviously,t hose who reject a teaching of the Church cant' repent for sins against that teaching because they don't accept the sins as being sins. And with each sin our heart gets a little harder, a little more distant from God. If they are mortal sins (as those offenses against the most commonly rejected teachings are), the first one removes us completely from a state of grace.

Yes, we may eventually realize our error and repent. but what happens if our life is taken before we do?

Make me realize, O my God! the nothingness of this world, the greatness of heaven the shortness of time, and the length of eternity.

Grant that I may prepare for death; that I may fear thy judgments, and in the end obtain heaven; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Universal Prayer (Pope Clement XI) catholocity.net

07/30/2012 new

well to be honest I joined in hopes of at least having an opportunity of meeting some interesting women and hopefully having one relationship flourish into something deeper than just being friends.

I have a problem with meeting women in person and without wanting to, develop a relationship that just turns into a close friendship even though I might have developed strong feelings for that woman. I was kind of hoping I could use this site to give me an opportunity to develop connections and relationships and possibly develop it into a more intimate level.

being "just friends" is nice but I've been hitting that wall since I was 16 sad and it was really getting me down until I stumbled onto this site and realized I could have a fresh start here. scratchchin

Posts 91 - 100 of 131