Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Considering where you live, a dry suit is your best bet. From the north Atlantic coast to the G...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

Considering where you live, a dry suit is your best bet. From the north Atlantic coast to the Great Lakes, there are some very good dive sites. If you're prepared for the cold.
--hide--

Yes, there are quite a few nice wrecks around here. Just need to make the jump to do cold-water diving and drysuit. Anyway, for now, blue water tropical diving is good enough for me (trying to make one trip to the Caribbean and one trip to Asia each year).

07/24/2012 new
(Quote) Indrayana-136357 said: Yes, there are quite a few nice wrecks around here. Just need to make the jump to do cold-w...
(Quote) Indrayana-136357 said:

Yes, there are quite a few nice wrecks around here. Just need to make the jump to do cold-water diving and drysuit. Anyway, for now, blue water tropical diving is good enough for me (trying to make one trip to the Caribbean and one trip to Asia each year).

--hide--

Who can argue against that?
07/24/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: SCUBA came up in another thread, so thought I would start this one. What was your best dive, or favorit...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: SCUBA came up in another thread, so thought I would start this one. What was your best dive, or favorite place to dive? Your scariest or most dangerous dive? What is your fantasy dive? Or your most disappointing one?
--hide--

My best dive was Roatan, Honduras off the Fantasy Island resort. Up until then, all of my dives involved a lot of running to get to a spot. Roatan was so relaxing and the options were many. My worst dive was in the Keys, the tide was out, the water too shallow and I got seasick underwater faint

07/25/2012 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: My best dive was Roatan, Honduras off the Fantasy Island resort. Up until then, all of my dives invol...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

My best dive was Roatan, Honduras off the Fantasy Island resort. Up until then, all of my dives involved a lot of running to get to a spot. Roatan was so relaxing and the options were many. My worst dive was in the Keys, the tide was out, the water too shallow and I got seasick underwater

--hide--

Cozumel has been my only foreign dive so far. But I can relate to seasickness. Lost 2 opportunities to dive in the Gulf due to seasickness. My actual first saltwater dives were in Key West. Only got a little ill on the boat. The 2nd day, we were diving on the Atlantic side and had 3-ft waves. Got in, did the dive, saw some great fish (including a school of about a hundred or more large dark blue parrotfish). During the safety stop at the end, in 17 ft of water, the waves were swishing us back and forth underwater. Started throwing up into my regulator. Immediately surrounded by fish gobbling up the free food. It made the end of the dive kind of spectacular.
07/25/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Cozumel has been my only foreign dive so far. But I can relate to seasickness. Lost 2 opportuni...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

Cozumel has been my only foreign dive so far. But I can relate to seasickness. Lost 2 opportunities to dive in the Gulf due to seasickness. My actual first saltwater dives were in Key West. Only got a little ill on the boat. The 2nd day, we were diving on the Atlantic side and had 3-ft waves. Got in, did the dive, saw some great fish (including a school of about a hundred or more large dark blue parrotfish). During the safety stop at the end, in 17 ft of water, the waves were swishing us back and forth underwater. Started throwing up into my regulator. Immediately surrounded by fish gobbling up the free food. It made the end of the dive kind of spectacular.
--hide--

OH my gosh!! I've done that! Totally grossed me out! wide eyed

I really like night dives, the colors are so vibrant. I had an octopus flashing these amazing colors! Of course, it can be a little scarey with everything behind you pitch black (dun dun, dun dun . . . que Jaws music)

I did Cancun and Cozumel on a dive cruise out of New Orleans years ago, had a BLAST!

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: SCUBA came up in another thread, so thought I would start this one. What was your best dive, or favorit...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: SCUBA came up in another thread, so thought I would start this one. What was your best dive, or favorite place to dive? Your scariest or most dangerous dive? What is your fantasy dive? Or your most disappointing one?
--hide--
Pristine coral in the central Indian Ocean. The channels between close groups of islands have the best currents for incredible coral head formations. Huge variety of tropical fish and supper cool shells to collect.

185 foot bounce dive on air. to take pictures of the prop on a wreck.

Diego Garcia in the Chargos group.. The most pristine reefs in the world. (been a top security military base since BEFORE the invention of SCUBA.)

10/02/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-73537 said: Pristine coral in the central Indian Ocean. The channels between close groups of islands have the be...
(Quote) Joe-73537 said:

Pristine coral in the central Indian Ocean. The channels between close groups of islands have the best currents for incredible coral head formations. Huge variety of tropical fish and supper cool shells to collect.

185 foot bounce dive on air. to take pictures of the prop on a wreck.

Diego Garcia in the Chargos group.. The most pristine reefs in the world. (been a top security military base since BEFORE the invention of SCUBA.)

--hide--

WOW, but the best dives for me have been shore dives, except the one in Hawaii, we took a boat to the shore and swam from there. Aruba is wonderful from shore but not from the "cattle boats". I learned at college in a cold quarry full of huge water plants(Indiana). And my worst experiences were with the bad water in Cancun, being bitten on a night dive, and staying on the surface(not always smart to do what you are told) in rough water waiting for the rest of the group to suit up. I really really want to try river scuba in the Ozarks one day.

10/02/2012 new
(Quote) John-842063 said: WOW, but the best dives for me have been shore dives, except the one in Hawaii, we took a boat to the sh...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

WOW, but the best dives for me have been shore dives, except the one in Hawaii, we took a boat to the shore and swam from there. Aruba is wonderful from shore but not from the "cattle boats". I learned at college in a cold quarry full of huge water plants(Indiana). And my worst experiences were with the bad water in Cancun, being bitten on a night dive, and staying on the surface(not always smart to do what you are told) in rough water waiting for the rest of the group to suit up. I really really want to try river scuba in the Ozarks one day.

--hide--

What bit you on a night dive in Cancun? I have done river dives in Florida where the caves are accessed by short river swims in very tannic water.
10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: What bit you on a night dive in Cancun? I have done river dives in Florida where the caves are acc...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:

What bit you on a night dive in Cancun? I have done river dives in Florida where the caves are accessed by short river swims in very tannic water.
--hide--

Dolphin, sorry, it was in Aruba. Many years ago I was snorkelling in some of the Florida warm springs- the sun was intense! Saw some Manatees quite close. Not sure I will do underwater caves, but I was just in a small Ozark cave (above the river; minimal water inside) a couple weeks ago - love the little critters...

10/03/2012 new
(Quote) John-842063 said: Dolphin, sorry, it was in Aruba. Many years ago I was snorkelling in some of the Florida warm springs- t...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

Dolphin, sorry, it was in Aruba. Many years ago I was snorkelling in some of the Florida warm springs- the sun was intense! Saw some Manatees quite close. Not sure I will do underwater caves, but I was just in a small Ozark cave (above the river; minimal water inside) a couple weeks ago - love the little critters...

--hide--

I was in an above ground cave once near the Buffalo River in Arkansas a few years ago. Interesting stuff. There are trips you can go on around Crystal River in Florida if you want to swim with the manatees. You are not allowed to touch them, but you can see them up close. What is striking is the number of boat propeller injuries to the backs of these animals.
Posts 21 - 30 of 35