Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

10/15/2012 new
(Quote) Jim-624621 said: I was in an above ground cave once near the Buffalo River in Arkansas a few years ago. Interesting stuff. ...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:

I was in an above ground cave once near the Buffalo River in Arkansas a few years ago. Interesting stuff. There are trips you can go on around Crystal River in Florida if you want to swim with the manatees. You are not allowed to touch them, but you can see them up close. What is striking is the number of boat propeller injuries to the backs of these animals.
--hide--

I've heard about the propeller injuries before. I'm aware there are some areas forbidden to boats, but don't know how prevalent that is. Doesn't the state regulate boat traffic or speeds in known manatee waters? If not, is anything done at all to protect them?
10/15/2012 new

No answer to that yet, but I am in the process of getting certified, so hopefully I will have an answer for you soon! :)

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: I was in an above ground cave once.. in Arkansas ....trips you can go on around Crystal River ... ...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:

I was in an above ground cave once.. in Arkansas ....trips you can go on around Crystal River ... boat propeller injuries to...animals.
--hide--

Hmmm, either you mean above water or a sinkhole? I was at Hum something springs near Crystal river and in a bay- took a canoe acrooss the bay, saw few visible injuries but saw some bad ones at a rehab site- not much they can do really- there are enforced speed limits but some people are worse than careless...

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: No answer to that yet, but I am in the process of getting certified, so hopefully I will have an ...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

No answer to that yet, but I am in the process of getting certified, so hopefully I will have an answer for you soon! :)

--hide--

Where will you do your cert dives?

10/16/2012 new

is anyone interested in planning a dive trip?
This time of year the east coast of Florida
or the warm springs would be warm enough
but unfortunately we are into hurricane season.
I need to see if my wetsuit is wearable -
might be worth a cold dive if it survived storage...

Posts 31 - 35 of 35