Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/17/2012 new
(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Dawn, Thanks for sharing this perspective. I however do not share it.
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Dawn,

Thanks for sharing this perspective. I however do not share it.

Cooking is a life skill. Everyone who has ever cooked or baked something has burned something, forgot to add a key ingredient or tried a shortcut that didn't work. That doesn’t mean that they "can't cook" or that cooking is "beneath them". It is not "woman's work" either. Some of the most famous chefs are men, and most men I know are in complete command of their barbeques.

If you are truly uncomfortable in the kitchen, then I recommend going to the library and picking up a few basic cookbooks and spending some time experimenting. The classic "Betty Crocker" cookbooks are full of step-by-step pictures and the recipes are generally pretty easy to recreate. Some of the food companies also have recipe books where you can combine frozen prepared food or canned food with something fresh for a quick and easy meal.

Keeping the cooking surfaces clean and uncluttered, keeping an eye on the stovetop and properly handling meats (explained in the Betty Crocker books) will ensure that no one gets sick from the cooking and that nothing catches fire.

If you are unwilling to make these steps as an adult, that is your prerogative. However, the attitude that you will not be going out of your way to treat a gentleman to something that you have cooked because he can do it himself is as counterproductive as the attitudes of those men who believe that they don’t have to do anything polite for women (such as offer polite compliments, hold doors open, or offer to carry something heavy) because she can do it herself.

The point is not whether or not the person can do it for themselves, it whether you are willing to serve each other in married life. Just my

--hide--

I don't have an issue serving a guy as long as he serves me. I have seen too many men who refuse to cook because "my wife will cook". Those men I avoid and will continue to avoid. If a man is judging me on whether I will cook for him he's not the one.
07/17/2012 new

"Freaking princesses!" is my reaction to the article, I didn't call anyone names here.

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Siobhan-367630 said: ... the lady is ever mindful of his particular financial situation - or if...
(Quote) Siobhan-367630 said:

... the lady is ever mindful of his particular financial situation - or if those details are not known yet, she is never extravagant...she never orders the most expensive item on the menu..she never demands the most expensive seats. If asked, she hints at a price range in the middle so as not to bankrupt him or offend him by implying that he can't afford better.

--hide--

That is spot on, Siobhan! Well said! and that is how we women can show respect TO men! clap wave

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that gi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

www.catholiceducation.org

--hide--

Pat, Thanks for sharing a great article! It's true, we do want gentlemen because we are ladies! God bless you! Veronica biggrin theheart

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that gi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

www.catholiceducation.org

--hide--

awesome read!!!!:)

07/17/2012 new

THANK YOU! I personally find that SO insulting. You can't just put people down because they don't agree with you. I can say that personally I don't like this article. I would NOT appreciate a guy ordering for me and I don't think that you should be immediately juding the woman on whether or not she would make a "good wife." It's not about you. Just get to know each other because people are not a checklist, they are people. You shouldn't dismiss people so easily in my opinion.

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Raymond-614191 said: I have to say, I consider the bolded sentence rather insulting to my female friends.
(Quote) Raymond-614191 said:

I have to say, I consider the bolded sentence rather insulting to my female friends.

--hide--

THANK YOU! I personally find that SO insulting. You can't just put people down because they don't agree with you. I can say that personally I don't like this article. I would NOT appreciate a guy ordering for me and I don't think that you should be immediately juding the woman on whether or not she would make a "good wife." It's not about you. Just get to know each other because people are not a checklist, they are people. You shouldn't dismiss people so easily in my opinion.

07/18/2012 new

(Quote) Meg-860690 said: THANK YOU! I personally find that SO insulting. You can't just put people dow...
(Quote) Meg-860690 said:

--hide--

First Post Alert!!!
Meg, Welcome to CM and the big, big show called the Forum. *l* Welcome!

07/18/2012 new
This is my first trip into the world of CMforums and I found reading the responses quite interesting and very entertaining at times. I see it as all about respecting the other person, and if you are spending your time with them, you should both enjoy the experience!! If yo like something that a person is doing, affirm that, if you don't like it, speak up! Just remember to be kind.

I enjoy being around people whom are mannerly and respectful, and if you think about it,

We are each raised apart from each other, there are ways to gently inform others of

Your expectations without. Ring offensive. Just don' t be offended if

They do the same. And remember, a sense of humor goes a long way especially

In difficult situations!!
07/18/2012 new
Wow Brian!!

Where is Crown Point, NY?!!

I lived in New York in several locations including Rome, near West Point, and in New York City and found all to be quite well populated by gentlemen!!

I never had a stalker until I moved to Texas, which is

Well-known for it's gentlemen! But I must include that

My stalker had a drug addiction.

I hope you will behave as a gentleman despite what

Others think of you! I have never interpreted gentlemanly

Behavior as that of a stalker or gay person as you stated.

Blessings gent!!
Posts 111 - 120 of 139