Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/18/2012 new

First Post Alert!!!
Kris, Welcome to CM and the big, big show called the Forum. *l* Welcome!

07/18/2012 new

(Quote) Robert-874854 said: "Freaking princesses!" is my reaction to the article, I didn't call anyone names h...
(Quote) Robert-874854 said:

"Freaking princesses!" is my reaction to the article, I didn't call anyone names here.

--hide--

Thanks for explaining your "reaction to the article."

Your reaction shows that you seem to have an attitude problem about how to treat women.

Your "reaction to the article" does have some bearing on the women here who read it in one way or another.

And FYI, word "freaking" is usually used to replace another more vulgar word. The word "Princesses" is used in a derogatory manner in your "reaction" and seems to imply that no polite or kind act is any woman's due.

As catholics and Christians we generally believe that Every human being deserves to be treated in a polite and respectful manner.

It is Just not good or proper form for mature adults on a Catholic site and forum, to use a slang word that replaces another more vulgar word,

but I truly respect your right to share your negative reaction to the article.

07/19/2012 new

did you mean you could not agree more????

07/19/2012 new

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that "be a gentleman" is considered some kind of earth-shattering advice for what a guy should do on a date/ when looking for a prospective mate?

I just find it sad that it's not more of a norm, I guess. boggled

07/19/2012 new

You go Bernie! :)

07/19/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Thanks for explaining your "reaction to the article." Your...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Your reaction shows that you seem to have an attitude problem about how to treat women.

Your "reaction to the article" does have some bearing on the women here who read it in one way or another.

And FYI, word "freaking" is usually used to replace another more vulgar word. The word "Princesses" is used in a derogatory manner in your "reaction" and seems to imply that no polite or kind act is any woman's due.

--hide--

I don't know why you see only negative things in me and interpreted my post in a negative way.
Seeing only bad in people won't make you friends.

07/19/2012 new

(Quote) Robert-874854 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Thanks for explaining your &q...

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I don't know why you see only negative things in me and interpreted my post in a negative way.

--hide--

I don't know you. Is there a language or another type of cultural barrier here, maybe? I do not know you, so how can you say I only see negative in you? I can't do that.It is not the way I see you. Read on..

I commented on the words and language you used and I corrected you to help you, ( I probably got you angry or offended..) and I wanted you to know so that you have a better experience here.

Women are very sensitive and you will have a better experience here and anywhere if you take time to think about and refine your comments.

I do not know you and I did not say I see only bad things in you- How could that even be true? That is a quick generalization that I did not make and you should not either. I am actually offering a constructive criticsm.

You have no picture up, so your words will weigh heavily when women read them, as they will try to read them to see what your personality is like.

That is why you should see to it that your words show kindness and gentleness- if that is how you are.( Slang words like freakin' do not show gentleness in this context.. they sound rough)

Your post to me is kind and gentle, and I do appreciate it! You probably were not happy with my response to you. Thank you for telling me how you felt.. I appreciate your directness. I am sorry I was offensive. I hope you will forgive me.

Something you should know: (I can't stand to hear or read slang type of talk.) So maybe it won't bother other people. Maybe it is just me.

07/19/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that gi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

www.catholiceducation.org

--hide--
That's so nice. Are they out there? I so wish I could find one...I've already been through hell because I didn't know I deserved better, and I am sooooo ready for a nice guy!

07/19/2012 new

(Quote) Robert-874854 said: I don't know why you see only negative things in me and interpreted my post in ...

--hide--

Robert,... I know I'm going to get blasted for this,..... don't bother.

07/19/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-854185 said: Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that "be a gentleman" is considered some kind...
(Quote) Dan-854185 said:

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that "be a gentleman" is considered some kind of earth-shattering advice for what a guy should do on a date/ when looking for a prospective mate?

I just find it sad that it's not more of a norm, I guess.

--hide--

The problem Dan, is that, well, at least for me,.. the so called "women" don't appreciate the good things a gentleman does for them. Eventually, we just get tired of trying to be gents. Alot of times I don't call them (at least the one's around here) women, I consider them all little girls. Because they haven't grown up yet. But that's just me coming from my end of the world.

Posts 121 - 130 of 139