Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Why am I so shy

07/09/2012 new
I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He was looking at me and smiling he's a bit older than me. Any advice on how I should break the ice??? I kinda like him too how do I talk to him without sounding desprate or weird ???
07/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He w...
(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He was looking at me and smiling he's a bit older than me. Any advice on how I should break the ice??? I kinda like him too how do I talk to him without sounding desprate or weird ???
--hide--

I don't know you, but my first instinct is to say "Be yourself", unless being yourself makes you sound or look desperate or weird, which I doubt. Men are people too. If you think he is really interested in you though, perhaps you should let HIM get the courage up to make the first move. Of course there will always be someone to disagree with me, but when he does make that move, my advice is to just be you. Eventually you are going to let your guard down and be yourself anyway, so why start out being something that you are not?

May God's blessings shine on your choices, and may you seek His divine will in making them.

07/09/2012 new
Have you checked out his profile? Does he have interview questions? I assume these smiles are emote. I assume you sent one back. There is a good chance he is not a paying member.
07/09/2012 new
Thank you very much Jim!! I am who I am , and I don't plan on changing for anyyone. I once dated a guy who I went to his church but he couldn't go to mine, he said it was against his religion. He then wanted me to change my religion that is where I draw the line.
07/09/2012 new
Actually we exchanged smiles in church on Sunday . I'm not sure but you may be riight how can you tell if they are paying members or not??
07/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He w...
(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He was looking at me and smiling he's a bit older than me. Any advice on how I should break the ice??? I kinda like him too how do I talk to him without sounding desprate or weird ???
--hide--
First of all, we want to welcome you to the CM forums, Jolynn. This is a good place to learn and discuss relevant issues, take part in debates, and have some fun. We hope you will join us in the other topics and add your comments. It may help your shyness.

I'm not sure why you would feel shy. Your appearance could be enough to cause a gentleman to stammer. Guess you'd be even then.

Seriously, you have an advantage insofar as you have seen this fellow in person and discovered he is a CM member. A bit older? Depends upon how much that "bit" is, but even so, if it doesn't bother either of you, you're off to a good start. Another advantage is that both of you are looking for that special someone. You have two ways to approach him -- in person or via CM messages. There's a chance he's not a paying member, and, if that's the case, he wouldn't be able to respond. But it still could be an icebreaker in person.

If you see him at Church, you can greet him with a friendly smile (as you have done already). Just talking to him in a casual, friendly manner doesn't brand you as desperate, weird, or needy. Perhaps he is a bit shy, too, and is hesitant to take that first step. Nothing wrong with striking up a conversation -- about the day's homily, the readings, talking about the pastor or the Church's physical attributes, or asking about Church groups. Try to relax -- breathe, relax and repeat as needed. Perhaps during the initial encounters, you might simply offer a friendly "Hi" to him. After a couple times doing this, you can progress. If he is a true gentleman, he'll treat you in such a way that you are comfortable and at ease. You can even admit being shy and let him take the cue. Perhaps this is something that won't work out, but if you two don't do anything you'll never know.

07/10/2012 new
Thank you Ray great advice. We held hand durning the our father and smiled and did the sign of peace. My friend said when I was walking to the alter to be communion minister he was watching me. She said I need to stop being a baby and just go talk to him!!! He is 12 yrs older than me but age doesn't matter.
07/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: Thank you Ray great advice. We held hand durning the our father and smiled and did the sign of peace. M...
(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: Thank you Ray great advice. We held hand durning the our father and smiled and did the sign of peace. My friend said when I was walking to the alter to be communion minister he was watching me. She said I need to stop being a baby and just go talk to him!!! He is 12 yrs older than me but age doesn't matter.
--hide--
Well, Jolynn -- there ya go.....It seems you two need only a little nudge to get things going. If you know anything about him from his profile (or Church), perhaps you could tell him you'd like to talk to him about a Church event or joining one of the Church ministries; maybe even trying to recruit him into being an extrordinary minister of the Eucharist, just as you are. There are potential ice-breakers, and you know he already has his eyes on you.

You go, girl!!!

07/10/2012 new

Just go say "Hi" - he's probably very shy too!

08/02/2012 new

Find the person at church that meddles in these things. You know there is at least one. Our church it's the high schoolers/college students, not the little old ladies. They'll figure it out for you! biggrin

Posts 1 - 10 of 18