Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

08/19/2012 new

(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said:I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He wa...
(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said:I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He was looking at me and smiling he's a bit older than me. Any advice on how I should break the ice??? I kinda like him too how do I talk to him without sounding desprate or weird ???
--hide--
We have regular donut & coffee socials after Mass sponsored by various groups. Your parish may also have volunteer events where you could ask him to help. After Mass, you could let slip a comment such as, "boy, I could sure go for a cup of coffee!"

Also I think Ray is right- beautiful ladies can intimidate us guys into indecision. He just needs a little "nudge."

10/08/2012 new

how did it go? I'm thinking, hello and smile.....

10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He w...
(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: I need some advise!! Ok there is this man that goes to my church. He looked at my profile on here. He was looking at me and smiling he's a bit older than me. Any advice on how I should break the ice??? I kinda like him too how do I talk to him without sounding desprate or weird ???
--hide--

if you see him after Mass, walk up and shake his hand. Introduce yourself and tell him you've seen him on CM. See where it goes from there. Good luck.

10/08/2012 new

thanks that is a great idea...

10/08/2012 new

Maybe i will do that on sunday...he wasn't in church yesterday.

10/08/2012 new

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said: Maybe i will do that on sunday...he wasn't in church yesterday.
(Quote) Jolynn-776398 said:

--hide--

As an older man: I will add this: I would much rather be approached by a younger woman than to approach a younger woman. There are many social issues with an older man approaching a younger woman. He may be shy but behind shy may be a true fear of rejection and the social stigma attached.

After initial hellos and exchanging of plesantries it would be much easier to walk out of church discussing things of the day and asking questions of each other around the donut table etc...If there is chemistry, things will develop, It may take some time for him to feel comfortable progressing. A good woman knows when to politely push things forward a bit by dropping a subtle hint (these are not desperate).

He may not believe initially that you might be attracted to him (he might be looking around asking himself; who me!). Guys can be as dense as a tree sometimes...yes I just wrote that! I wouldn't have written that if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes before (in others or in my own forest).

Good luck young lady!

10/10/2012 new
Thank you James
Posts 11 - 18 of 18