Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

07/12/2012 new

This was a hard one for me to tackle. Initially, I would wait until someone was available to go with me, or if I really wanted something, I would order takeout. Yeah, color me boring. I like going out and being waited on. I finally got to the point where I like being with me. I always have a portfolio and reading material, usually of the meditation sort. I generally go to a Mexican restaurant in town where they know me. I was in there often enough with others and for takeout, there was only a slight raised eyebrow the first time. Now, they give me a quiet table, I read, write a letter, whatever while I enjoy a great meal and excellent service.

If I really want company for a meal, I can make arrangements. The Saturday evening choir at my church usually go to eat together after mass. I have an open invitation to go with them. They are ALL younger than me, some as young as my daughter, but it's fun sometimes just to be with different people. I go to Al-Anon faithfully. Any month there is a fifth Thursday, we combine with the AA group for a potluck.

When I started opening up about feeling alone, and missing some things, I was touched and amazed to find out how many people were there, that cared, and were willing to share of themselves.

Not all things for all people, but I am getting there. My prayers to you and Miss Kitty. hug hersheyskiss

07/15/2012 new

Thanks everyone for your great responses. I totally appreciate how we are different in how we handle these things.

Hugs to all,

Lorrie

Posts 11 - 12 of 12