Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I remember hearing this on the radio back in the spring of 2000 .... as I was leaving...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

I remember hearing this on the radio back in the spring of 2000 .... as I was leaving a memorial service for George B., who was a huge supporter of my diocese's Handicapped Encounter Christ program. (This was in the evening, the funeral Mass was earlier in the day.) I thought it was rather timely. And I lost my own dad a little more than a year later.

--hide--

Oh Edward, that is so sad. I lost both of my parents about 5 years ago. One of the last things that my Dad ever did was to buy me a car because mine was old and about to give out. I still feel the loss keenly....I feel orphaned.

Will The Circle Be Unbroken - June Carter Cash
youtu.be

07/13/2012 new
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Oh Edward, that is so sad. I lost both of my parents about 5 years ago. One of the last things that...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Oh Edward, that is so sad. I lost both of my parents about 5 years ago. One of the last things that my Dad ever did was to buy me a car because mine was old and about to give out. I still feel the loss keenly....I feel orphaned.

youtu.be

--hide--
The HEC program was never the same after George died. We had a Jubilee Year retreat later that year, and remembered him at it. I think there was one more HEC retreat after that and then the program petered out. There is still a yearly Valentine's Dance for the disabled sponsored by the diocese, but that's about it (and I haven't gone to the dance the last couple of years ... Obviously last year with my surgery I was stuck in the hospital, and this year I just didn't feel up to it.)
07/13/2012 new

Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue - Toby Keith

www.youtube.com

07/13/2012 new

How about a little bluegrass? (hey it's a subgenre of country tongue )

Seven Miles from Wichita by Carrie Hassler & Hard Rain: youtu.be

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The HEC program was never the same after George died. We had a Jubilee Year retreat later that year, and ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The HEC program was never the same after George died. We had a Jubilee Year retreat later that year, and remembered him at it. I think there was one more HEC retreat after that and then the program petered out. There is still a yearly Valentine's Dance for the disabled sponsored by the diocese, but that's about it (and I haven't gone to the dance the last couple of years ... Obviously last year with my surgery I was stuck in the hospital, and this year I just didn't feel up to it.)

--hide--

George sounds like an awesome man Edward. biggrin I hope you'll attend the Valentine's Day's Dance next year! crossfingers

Country Roads - John Denver

youtu.be

07/13/2012 new

Hank Williams SR
www.youtube.com

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Deborah-550454 said: If Tomorrow Never Comes - Garth Brooks...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Quote:
Deborah-550454 said:

If Tomorrow Never Comes - Garth Brooks
youtu.be

I remember hearing this on the radio back in the spring of 2000 .... as I was leaving a memorial service for George B., who was a huge supporter of my diocese's Handicapped Encounter Christ program. (This was in the evening, the funeral Mass was earlier in the day.) I thought it was rather timely. And I lost my own dad a little more than a year later.

--hide--
You are right this song again is one that makes you think about what matters like losing loved ones and Garth Brooks is classic...love him.

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Oh Edward, that is so sad. I lost both of my parents about 5 years ago. One of the last...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

youtu.be

--hide--
I love the song, but I'm not sure I love her singing it....her voice.

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Ginger-791603 said: Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue - Toby Keith www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Ginger-791603 said:

Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue - Toby Keith

www.youtube.com

--hide--

I love it! Love him!

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Hank Williams SR www.youtube.com
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Hank Williams SR
www.youtube.com

--hide--
Does this have the affect of making one chuckle or is just me....he is classic too.

Posts 31 - 40 of 117