Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/15/2012 new

I have every intention of getting married again. The same need to give of myself and share my talents as a musician, is there in my personal life, too. And I want to feel that special bond that only comes from marriage. It even existed on several rare occasions in a very bad marriage. But I won't marry just to be married. I agree with Cindy that it would be backwards to assume the marriage and then look for a spouse. That's a recipe for failure. God built me the way I am and I am certain He will send the right person my way, I just have to be open to whomever He sends.

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: HE** YES I want to get married... I've been single 21 years now. If I wanted to SHACK UP with ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

HE** YES I want to get married... I've been single 21 years now. If I wanted to SHACK UP with someone I can always find someone to do that with.. How ON EARTH can I answer when it will happen when nobody is ASKING????

It's the widowers here in our age bracket that are having success.. How can you say they are only testing the waters? I think it's the divorced and never married men that are testing the waters..

--hide--

I don't know about testing the waters, but I sure am trying to find someone. biggrin

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: HE** YES I want to get married... I've been single 21 years now. If I wanted to SHACK UP with ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

HE** YES I want to get married... I've been single 21 years now. If I wanted to SHACK UP with someone I can always find someone to do that with.. How ON EARTH can I answer when it will happen when nobody is ASKING????

It's the widowers here in our age bracket that are having success.. How can you say they are only testing the waters? I think it's the divorced and never married men that are testing the waters..

--hide--

I based what I said on conversations with 3-4 widowers (small sample) who basically said that they weren't sure what they were looking for and didn't know if they would want to get remarried. It's interesting to know that you know of "widowers here are having success" - I assume that means they are getting remarried? I wonder if this is also true of the widows?

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: I have every intention of getting married again. The same need to give of myself and share my tale...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

I have every intention of getting married again. The same need to give of myself and share my talents as a musician, is there in my personal life, too. And I want to feel that special bond that only comes from marriage. It even existed on several rare occasions in a very bad marriage. But I won't marry just to be married. I agree with Cindy that it would be backwards to assume the marriage and then look for a spouse. That's a recipe for failure. God built me the way I am and I am certain He will send the right person my way, I just have to be open to whomever He sends.

--hide--

I agree with you and Cindy about not wanting to marry just to be married. But, I don't think anyone would want to do that - not in this day and age!

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I based what I said on conversations with 3-4 widowers (small sample) who basically sa...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I based what I said on conversations with 3-4 widowers (small sample) who basically said that they weren't sure what they were looking for and didn't know if they would want to get remarried. It's interesting to know that you know of "widowers here are having success" - I assume that means they are getting remarried? I wonder if this is also true of the widows?

--hide--

I know several widowers that have found their wives here.. They found them in fairly short order too.. Talking about within 6 mos or so..

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said:I know several widowers that have found their wives here.. They found them in fairly short order too.. Tal...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:I know several widowers that have found their wives here.. They found them in fairly short order too.. Talking about within 6 mos or so..

--hide--

Donna, I'm going to take a stab at a reason that the widows and widowers may have been able to find a match sooner than us divorced and annulled people. Nothing scientific, mind you, but just a hunch. Their marrriages were good and they are more open to another wonderful match, and proceed with less hesitation than someone who had a horrible marital experience and was hurt deeply. Sure, they may be hesitant to date at first since they lost "the live of their life". But once they are sure they want to date again, their last memory of marriage was losing a loved one and not a protracted court battle with the ensuing emotional turmoil of filling out annullment papers. I could be way off base, but it makes sense to me. Does that make sense to anyone else?

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:I agree with you and Cindy about not wanting to marry just to be married. But, I don't think anyone...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:I agree with you and Cindy about not wanting to marry just to be married. But, I don't think anyone would want to do that - not in this day and age!

--hide--

Believe it or not, I dated a women who would have married Attila the Hun tomorrow, if he were Catholic. I am a little bit too smart to rush into anything, and I gave her enough time to show her true personality. We both agreed that it would be silly to force things that were not right and we split up on decent terms. But yes, there are people out there who are terrified of being alone and just want to marry for the sake of being married.

07/15/2012 new

Hi, Pat,

I am only one widow...so I don't speak for numbers on this site...but ,yes, I would love a sacramental marriage...eventually....IF...the man He designed for me came into my life.... I, too, do not seek marriage to be "rescued" from the state of widowhood; nor do I want to be rescued from finishing the raising of my children...I have experienced so much big love from my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I experienced a great human love from my deceased husband...So, selfishly, I would love that human relationship again...under the eternal love of Christ...a triune love....but that might not be my vocation!

As far as the wedding day, I would so love a certain shrine location and the colors of sunrise...I never had a big wedding, but this dream for a wedding now, the final marriage, is more an expression of my belief in new beginnings...the constant chance to love again, to live a new day, to have that "joy comes in the morning" Eucharistic celebration of true love...at the Lord's table...and...

I would also know....that this would be the marriage that would love and carry me to MY end of days...for the new life to come...So, I believe marriage at this age...and I am well over 45....is a very serious commitment...I pray for God to show me if he wills that or not...I'm so obviously not in charge :)

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Donna, I'm going to take a stab at a reason that the widows and widowers may have been...

Donna, I'm going to take a stab at a reason that the widows and widowers may have been able to find a match sooner than us divorced and annulled people. Nothing scientific, mind you, but just a hunch. Their marrriages were good and they are more open to another wonderful match, and proceed with less hesitation than someone who had a horrible marital experience and was hurt deeply. Sure, they may be hesitant to date at first since they lost "the live of their life". But once they are sure they want to date again, their last memory of marriage was losing a loved one and not a protracted court battle with the ensuing emotional turmoil of filling out annullment papers. I could be way off base, but it makes sense to me. Does that make sense to anyone else?

--hide--

I think that even if the marriage wasn't 'happy' they are still more open to refilling that void in their life.. I agree with you..

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Believe it or not, I dated a women who would have married Attila the Hun tomorrow, if he w...

Believe it or not, I dated a women who would have married Attila the Hun tomorrow, if he were Catholic. I am a little bit too smart to rush into anything, and I gave her enough time to show her true personality. We both agreed that it would be silly to force things that were not right and we split up on decent terms. But yes, there are people out there who are terrified of being alone and just want to marry for the sake of being married.

--hide--

WHO TOLD YOU MY MIDDLE NAME WAS ATTILA????? tongue

Posts 11 - 20 of 200