Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/16/2012 new

I hear you, Donna. It doesn't look all that bright. But YOU have so many friends! That is a true blessing. I personally cannot stay long...with teens...as Yazmin said...much truth to her statements...but I HAD to try...like many...there is not any place for me locally...and I did meet someone truly wonderful...here...God knows...I've given it to Him...

BUT, one thing I must say...had it NOT been for CM...I would not have had the laughter, joy, and smiles that I have been blessed with since I arrived...The correspondence with this man has done so much GOOD for me...even if it ends in a deep dark end...I have been blessed with the joy of possibility...and have been given a gift of smiles...

In my situation, and at my age, to smile and laugh? it has been awesome...My life has been made better...Odds? I'm not a betting person...probability? unlikely at best.... but...with God all things are possible...so while that relationship has come to a turning point....in powerlessness...I turn back to reliance on prayer...it has carried me so far...God always tells me He is sufficient.. I'll stick with His judgement call!

but... i will hope always...that is the basis of all Good News, right? I'm with you, Donna, believe me!

It's been a blast reading your posts! You have a joie de vivre! Keep it coming!

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-863769 said: I hear you, Donna. It doesn't look all that bright. But YOU have so many friends! That is a...
(Quote) Barbara-863769 said:

I hear you, Donna. It doesn't look all that bright. But YOU have so many friends! That is a true blessing. I personally cannot stay long...with teens...as Yazmin said...much truth to her statements...but I HAD to try...like many...there is not any place for me locally...and I did meet someone truly wonderful...here...God knows...I've given it to Him...

BUT, one thing I must say...had it NOT been for CM...I would not have had the laughter, joy, and smiles that I have been blessed with since I arrived...The correspondence with this man has done so much GOOD for me...even if it ends in a deep dark end...I have been blessed with the joy of possibility...and have been given a gift of smiles...

In my situation, and at my age, to smile and laugh? it has been awesome...My life has been made better...Odds? I'm not a betting person...probability? unlikely at best.... but...with God all things are possible...so while that relationship has come to a turning point....in powerlessness...I turn back to reliance on prayer...it has carried me so far...God always tells me He is sufficient.. I'll stick with His judgement call!

but... i will hope always...that is the basis of all Good News, right? I'm with you, Donna, believe me!

It's been a blast reading your posts! You have a joie de vivre! Keep it coming!

--hide--

Do you have any idea how demoralising it is for me to see so many come and within a few months leave with a future..And I am still here year after year with practically no attention whatsoever.. Even my best friend was engaged with a man on here in a years time.. They've been married 6 years now.. And here I am still taking up bandwidth.. weeping

07/16/2012 new

Donna, maybe this is a warm up to something in real-time for you, too? Your everyday, workaday? Many here have said that being here has made them grow and learn, etc. I have read countless posts pertaining to that...in all different fora....all different stages and ages in life. Perhaps this in here is your ministry...to host and guide fora with all of these intelligent, soul-searching Catholic adults?

Eight years is an investment of time...but it is a demonstration and testament of and to your faith and your perserverance... For me: It's His ride and it's His call...If I can count and enjoy the little gains...even if I never 'actualize'...maybe that's enough to take home at the end of one day???

Your bandwidth is your talent, Donna, and you haven't buried it! laughing

Keep the faith, sistah, and all usn's will join in! Community is Good News! goldfish

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: There have been a few fun threads dealing with fantasizing about proposal/wedding/etc and dream...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

There have been a few fun threads dealing with fantasizing about proposal/wedding/etc and dream house. The question I have here though is - for most of the over 55 crowd is this just a dream? I think more women are serious about finding a marriage partner/soulmate, but don't know the male point of view on this as much. On the secular sites, it appears to me that most men are just "browsing" so to speak. (Obviously I don't know what women are doing there). On this site, I've seen a couple over 55 men state they want to marry, but I haven't heard of many of the over-55 women ending up in serious relationships here leading to marriage.

I guess the real question I would ask then is do you really want to get married, and when do you see that happening? Are there obstacles that are keeping you from finding/connecting to that special someone? How much effort/energy are you putting into it? And, does it make a difference, if you are never married, divorced/annulled, or widowed?

More people in these older years are now widowed. And, although, I've talked to several widowers and even met/dated two in the last couple years, I get the impression that they are more "testing the waters" so to speak - not really ready or wanting to get into a serious relationship leading to marriage - perhaps still grieving their loss. Some have actually said that to me. So, Is that impression true or is it just the men I've talked to? (Obviously, I don't know what's happening with the women that are widowed.)

--hide--
Yes. I have wanted, and been mentally ready to get married since I was 51. But I must add that my "place in life" given the ages of my kids, is more simular to someone 20 years my junior.

07/16/2012 new
cloud

Sure, why not? Age has very little to do with making that decision.
07/16/2012 new

Yes. I want to find someone who wants to be with me and get married to them. Of course I have to be interested in them as well.. YES. Absolutely.

07/16/2012 new

I am interested in getting married but not anxious if It does not happen; I fiqure it is God's Will if I do or not.

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I think that the majority of us as VERY interested in meeting that one someone special in hopes that it d...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I think that the majority of us as VERY interested in meeting that one someone special in hopes that it developes into a relationship that leads to marriage. I personally do not want to get married just for the sake of being married, but feel drawn to explore possibilities. How exciting to entertain the notion the a faith based romantic love may be one's future!!! I believe that there are those who want to marry, plain and simple, for the sake of being married. To me that's a backwards approach and one with a lot of potential for disappointment.
--hide--

Cindy, I sincerely DON'T understand what you want. If women can't state in plain simple Engilsh what it is they want - NO guy is ever going to meet those experctations. Example from your post - "I personally do not want to get married just for the sake of being married, but feel drawn to explore possibilities. How exciting to entertain the notion the a faith based romantic love may be one's future!!!"

Maybe if you would restate this in plain, practical English terms maybe some of us simple guys would get it and be happy to respond.

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: HE** YES I want to get married... I've been single 21 years now. If I wanted to SHACK UP with ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

HE** YES I want to get married... I've been single 21 years now. If I wanted to SHACK UP with someone I can always find someone to do that with.. How ON EARTH can I answer when it will happen when nobody is ASKING????

It's the widowers here in our age bracket that are having success.. How can you say they are only testing the waters? I think it's the divorced and never married men that are testing the waters..

--hide--

Donna and the rest of you women - Have you ever considered WHY divorced (with annulments) and never married men are ust testing the water - It MAY be because of the women's attitudes, laundry lists and expectations all of which might be looked at by those men as, dare I say this without being pummelled about the head and shoulders, unreasonable!

07/16/2012 new

Lisa Duffy's current Blog posting gives a thumbs up to divorced people as good choices for dates and spouses - check it out.

Posts 31 - 40 of 200