Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Donna and the rest of you women - Have you ever considered WHY divorced (with annulmen...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Donna and the rest of you women - Have you ever considered WHY divorced (with annulments) and never married men are ust testing the water - It MAY be because of the women's attitudes, laundry lists and expectations all of which might be looked at by those men as, dare I say this without being pummelled about the head and shoulders, unreasonable!

--hide--

Stephen, please don't lump me in with "the rest of the women". I never stated that divorce/annulled men and/or never married men were just testing the water. In fact, I thought it was some of the newly widowed men just testing the water (still grieving, etc.). It's never a good idea to generalize about all women or all men!

07/16/2012 new

I want to get married and have asked several women to marry me. Granted. . . it was on the first date and wasn't received to well. . . NEVER MIND!
laughing laughing laughing faint faint faint

Just joking, about asking on the first date. . . . . it was the second.

In truth, my relationships never progress that far. After a date or two, we either realize we are not right for eachother, or become just friends.

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Donna and the rest of you women - Have you ever considered WHY divorced (with annulmen...

Donna and the rest of you women - Have you ever considered WHY divorced (with annulments) and never married men are ust testing the water - It MAY be because of the women's attitudes, laundry lists and expectations all of which might be looked at by those men as, dare I say this without being pummelled about the head and shoulders, unreasonable!

--hide--

Just for conversation sake, why you tell us what kind of laundry list you think the women on here have.. Throwing unsubstantiated comments like that out here without telling us what they are is not helpful. You gave us NOTHING but generalizations there..

As someone without a laundry list and very low expectations, I will talk to ANYONE who wants to begin...In my experience the men nearly always stop communicating first.. .Anybody that knows me will tell you that I'm easy to get along with.. That is where my frustration comes from.. Nobody wants to even communicate long enough to get to a doggone phone call.. Most of the women I have personally meant are very good, solidly Catholic women that get ignored.. There is absolutely no earthly reason why some of them have been here as long as 12 years..

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Stephen, please don't lump me in with "the rest of the women". I never st...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Stephen, please don't lump me in with "the rest of the women". I never stated that divorce/annulled men and/or never married men were just testing the water. In fact, I thought it was some of the newly widowed men just testing the water (still grieving, etc.). It's never a good idea to generalize about all women or all men!

--hide--

My experience is based on attending many CM events.. There was a whole contingent of never married men that would attend the events.. (And some of them will be in Chicago).. I finally came to the conclusion that they could attend all the events because they had the disposable income to do it.. Many of them had 'set my own schedule' types of jobs so they could devote the time.. I expect that some of them had family members saying to them 'Why aren't you getting married?' So they used the events to do their socializing.. It made them LOOK LIKE they were really trying, so they could say "See... I went to XYZ" Then after the weekend they would return to their little solitary existence fooling themselves that they showed everyone they were really trying.. And I don't know of any that are married to this day.. Then there are the ones who won't marry a woman with kids because they don't want their assets going to 'somebody elses children'.. rolling eyes They can't take it with them..

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Donna and the rest of you women - ...

Quote:
Stephen-725391 said:

--hide--

Sorry if you took offense.

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Sorry if you took offense.

Sorry if you took offense.

--hide--

Apology accepted.fluffy

07/16/2012 new

Hi Patricia,
Yes I have been totally up front with him and have given him no hope for marriage. I told him, if he wants to be ,my companion then great, if not, then we are not for each other, so at this point he is in agreement , so it is still in the infancy stage , so of course way too soon to tell , these things take time to develop. At this point in my life Iam looking out for myself and my kids. he does have 1 child, but who knows, I don't think he will last for years and not get married, but again who knows, those are my conditions

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Donna and the rest of you women - ...

Quote:
Stephen-725391 said:

--hide--

Yes please don't lump me in or us all together. It is not helpful at all and you just can't do that.

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: (Quote) Donna-83441 said: HE** YES I want to get married... I've bee...

Quote:
Donna-83441 said:

HE** YES I want to get married... I've been single 21 years now. If I wanted to SHACK UP with someone I can always find someone to do that with.. How ON EARTH can I answer when it will happen when nobody is ASKING????

It's the widowers here in our age bracket that are having success.. How can you say they are only testing the waters? I think it's the divorced and never married men that are testing the waters..

--hide--

rolling eyes

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: I want to get married and have asked several women to marry me. Granted. . . it was on the first...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

I want to get married and have asked several women to marry me. Granted. . . it was on the first date and wasn't received to well. . . NEVER MIND!

Just joking, about asking on the first date. . . . . it was the second.

In truth, my relationships never progress that far. After a date or two, we either realize we are not right for eachother, or become just friends.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

Posts 41 - 50 of 200