Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Cindy, I sincerely DON'T understand what you want. If women can't state in pla...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Cindy, I sincerely DON'T understand what you want. If women can't state in plain simple Engilsh what it is they want - NO guy is ever going to meet those experctations. Example from your post - "I personally do not want to get married just for the sake of being married, but feel drawn to explore possibilities. How exciting to entertain the notion the a faith based romantic love may be one's future!!!"

Maybe if you would restate this in plain, practical English terms maybe some of us simple guys would get it and be happy to respond.

--hide--

Wow, Steve.... is that a proposal??

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Donna and the rest of you women - Hav...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Stephen-725391 said:

Donna and the rest of you women - Have you ever considered WHY divorced (with annulments) and never married men are ust testing the water - It MAY be because of the women's attitudes, laundry lists and expectations all of which might be looked at by those men as, dare I say this without being pummelled about the head and shoulders, unreasonable!

Just for conversation sake, why you tell us what kind of laundry list you think the women on here have.. Throwing unsubstantiated comments like that out here without telling us what they are is not helpful. You gave us NOTHING but generalizations there..

As someone without a laundry list and very low expectations, I will talk to ANYONE who wants to begin...In my experience the men nearly always stop communicating first.. .Anybody that knows me will tell you that I'm easy to get along with.. That is where my frustration comes from.. Nobody wants to even communicate long enough to get to a doggone phone call.. Most of the women I have personally meant are very good, solidly Catholic women that get ignored.. There is absolutely no earthly reason why some of them have been here as long as 12 years..

--hide--

Donna,

That whole thing came from the Men's Only forum - really to bad you gals can't read it and it's really to bad men can't read your Women Only forum.

As far as laundry lists go - my profile is a laundry list with lots of personal input anywhere and everywhere I could - Why? so that any woman looking at it can see if it is a fit/would like to pursue without spending her time on something that she figured won't be worth it. The BIG thing is NOT ANULLED.

There are two things that CM has indicated it was going to do that WOULD IMHO benefit the membership and expand relationships is WHERE IS THAT SINGLES IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH REPORT? talked about some months ago on the Blog (as a Moderator maybe you could get some answers on that) and the COMPATIBILITY PROFILE THINGY that was supposed to replace of improve matching of CM members (again your position might get you some answers for the rest of us) - Frankly, those two thing could have a tremendous effect on the answers to this thread! It might actually help those that have been here for a longtime waiting!!!!!

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: (Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Cindy, I sincerely DON'T understa...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

Quote:
Stephen-725391 said:

Cindy, I sincerely DON'T understand what you want. If women can't state in plain simple Engilsh what it is they want - NO guy is ever going to meet those experctations. Example from your post - "I personally do not want to get married just for the sake of being married, but feel drawn to explore possibilities. How exciting to entertain the notion the a faith based romantic love may be one's future!!!"

Maybe if you would restate this in plain, practical English terms maybe some of us simple guys would get it and be happy to respond.

Wow, Steve.... is that a proposal??

--hide--

I am not annulled but if you want to find out more about where I'm coming from, I would be more than happy to correspond.

07/16/2012 new

Thank you Philomena. God bless you in your search. May the angels and saints guide you. And thanks for the prayers.

07/16/2012 new

Good comment, John. God bless you as you await the 'goodies' he has for you. That is, the right woman !

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I know several widowers that have found their wives here.. They found them in fairly ...

I know several widowers that have found their wives here.. They found them in fairly short order too.. Talking about within 6 mos or so..

--hide--
That's encouraging. Thanks, Donna ! I'm not a widow, but I'm hoping to find the right man !

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-863769 said: So, I think divorced, annulled, and widowed...over the age of 45 or under...we are in the righ...
(Quote) Barbara-863769 said:

So, I think divorced, annulled, and widowed...over the age of 45 or under...we are in the right place...Together in community! right? We'll learn :)

--hide--
Thanks Barbara for the words of encouragement. I think most of us have some hurts we are trying to overcome, and must trust God to heal. We need to remember that God is on our side. He understands our hesitation to trust again, and He knows our deepest hurts. And He CAN heal us so we are ready to start again ! Wow, I might even talk myself into this - with God's Grace, of course !

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: But I've been here almost 8 years, some even longer.. I'm just not seeing

But I've been here almost 8 years, some even longer.. I'm just not seeing him here.. But I have no interest in looking elsewhere either..So I remain in limbo..

--hide--

Praying for you ! Sometimes don't you wish we could just shake God's shoulders and say "Hurry up already" ?

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-73537 said: But I must add that my "place in life" given the ages of my kids, is more simular to someo...
(Quote) Joe-73537 said:

But I must add that my "place in life" given the ages of my kids, is more simular to someone 20 years my junior.

--hide--
God can have someone who understands your 'place in life' and is ready to be there with you. That's what I'm hoping for you !

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Christine-859622 said: God can have someone who understands your 'place in life' and is ready to be there wi...
(Quote) Christine-859622 said:

God can have someone who understands your 'place in life' and is ready to be there with you. That's what I'm hoping for you !

--hide--

What a message of Godly encouragement, Christine,...so beautifully rendered. This can be my short form prayer for all in this community rose goldfish

Posts 51 - 60 of 200