Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: "Have you ever considered WHY divorced (with annulments) and never married men ar...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

"Have you ever considered WHY divorced (with annulments) and never married men are ust testing the water - It MAY be because of the women's attitudes, laundry lists and expectations all of which might be looked at by those men .....

--hide--

You're correct, Stephen ! We do have long laundry lists ! I guess we all want something better, if we've been hurt in the past. AND I think we women don't want to do all the house work anymore (talk about laundry lists !! ). I think, since so many of us work full time, we want a partner who shares the burdens of the work. ... But you're correct, I think, we do have long laundry lists, and we could make them shorter !! And not expect perfection, b/c that certainly doesn't exist. .... We don't have to expect so much in a man - just a few things are neede, ... like respect, kindness, gentleness, honesty, a shared faith.

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-863769 said: What a message of Godly encouragement ... "This can be my short form prayer for...
(Quote) Barbara-863769 said:

What a message of Godly encouragement ... "This can be my short form prayer for all in this community"

--hide--

Thanks, Barbara ! And Good idea for the prayers ! Let's remember to all pray for each other !

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: ".. . it was on the first date and wasn't received to well. ... "in truth, my rel...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

".. . it was on the first date and wasn't received to well. ... "in truth, my relationships never progress that far. After a date or two, we either realize we are not right for eachother, or become just friends.

--hide--

laughing LOL. Thanks for the fun, Bernie ! Anyway, I have noticed that men are usually ready to get serious by the second date - sometimes by the first date !! I think women tend to be willing to take more time to get to know someone, at least in my experience. And as far as getting physical, I think it's very wise to wait awhile. The physical feelings, as we all should know, tend to be larger and more overwhelming and they overome us, and then it's hard to just be friends for awhile - to give it time to decide if it will be more than friends. I guess what I'm saying is that it takes PATIENCE - and we don't always want to have that patience. I know I get tired of waiting.

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: "..And I am still here year after year with practically no attention whatsoever...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

"..And I am still here year after year with practically no attention whatsoever.. Even my best friend was engaged with a man on here in a years time.. They've been married 6 years now.. And here I am still"

--hide--

Wow, it must be frustrating. I know I'm feeling that way - frustrated. I've been single for about 20 years - having only dated briefly a few times in that 20 years. Anyway, Donna, I was thinking that maybe the LORD is taking that long to prepare the right man for you. I mean, maybe God needed that time to mold that person, whomever it is, to become just the right man for you. At least, that's what I'm hoping for you.

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: I am interested in getting married but not anxious if It does not happen; I fiqure it is God's...
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

I am interested in getting married but not anxious if It does not happen; I fiqure it is God's Will if I do or not.

--hide--

Good attitude, Fred ! That's what we should all be doing, trusting God. How do you remain so patient ?

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: reason that the widows and widowers may have been able to find a match sooner than us divo...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

reason that the widows and widowers may have been able to find a match sooner than us divorced and annulled people. Nothing scientific, mind you, but just a hunch. Their marrriages were good and they are more open to another wonderful match, and proceed with less hesitation than someone who had a horrible marital experience and was hurt deeply. Sure, they may be hesitant to date at first since they lost "the live of their life". But once they are sure they want to date again, their last memory of marriage was losing a loved one and not a protracted court battle with the ensuing emotional turmoil of filling out annullment papers. I could be way off base, but it makes sense to me. Does that make sense to anyone else?

--hide--

I think you might be on to something, John. I don't know though, since I'm not a widow.

07/18/2012 new

I am on this site because I am looking and do not want to spend the rest of mu life alone.

I have been seeing a widow woman, platonic relationship. She does not know what she wants yet.

She is not on any site that I know of.

I have met a very interesting woman on this site. Met her last Sunday and spent 4 hours with her. Had

a wonderful time. We will get together again in a few days

07/18/2012 new

Sure .As long as it excludes a nagging wife with a honey do list! faint

07/18/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Sure .As long as it excludes a nagging wife with a honey do list!
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Sure .As long as it excludes a nagging wife with a honey do list!

--hide--
I'm looking for a woman who wants to wrinkle the the bed coverings after they've just been made.Any takers? mischievous laughing laughing laughing

07/18/2012 new

[quote]John-666618 said:

less hesitation than someone who had a horrible marital experience and was hurt deeply. Sure, they may be hesitant to date at first since they lost "the live of their life". But once they are sure they want to date again, their last memory of marriage was losing a loved one and not a protracted court battle with the ensuing emotional turmoil of filling out annullment papers. I could be way off base, but it makes sense to me. Does that make sense to anyone else?

John, I believe there is definitely some merit to your statement though I am not a widow, I am from the divorced and annulled group. I really never thought about the likelihood of getting married again after the atrocity of my marriage that lasted less than 4 years which was of course , supposed to last a lifetime. Howevr, very recently, as I have watched my parents and other happily married couples age into their 80's something has stirred in me that makes me at least want to consider the idea of companionship and male friendships again. The idea of marriage is still something I am leaving up to the Lord. I made a lousy choice the first time!!

Posts 61 - 70 of 200