Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/18/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Very well thought out and thought-provoking, Lina. Although, as you said, marriage is n...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Very well thought out and thought-provoking, Lina. Although, as you said, marriage is no longer for procreation,still I think it's more than companionship - at least for me! I tried dating a gentleman who would have made an excellent companion, but there was no spark there - not even a tiny one. And, you know, I want that spark and I do want to create (not just fit into) a new life together with someone. Maybe I would feel different if I was 80, but then again I'm a fairly young 60 (I started med school to become a physician when I was 44) so perhaps I don't always "act my age", but then again I don't want to always "act my age". I want to not only share time with someone, but share the excitement of being in love with someone. Perhaps it won't quite feel the same as it did at age 20 or 30, but I think it has the potential to feel even better - as we both know ourselves so much better at this age, have accomplished much, communicate better, and now will be moving in to a time when we can focus on each other a bit more than we did when we were so busy with careers! I'm looking forward to this new adventure with someone very special!

--hide--

Thank you Patricia for a well written post. You took the words out of my mouth. The only thing I need to add to is, the issue of procreation. This is an issue for me because I am 7/7 and I found out from my ob-gyn that all parts involved are still functioning very well together. wide eyed

07/18/2012 new

(Quote) John-577176 said: I have met a very interesting woman on this site. Met her last Sunday and spent 4 hours with her. ...
(Quote) John-577176 said:

I have met a very interesting woman on this site. Met her last Sunday and spent 4 hours with her. Had

a wonderful time.

--hide--

Congratulations John ! Relax and Have a good time !

07/18/2012 new

(Quote) Kris-876181 said: John, I believe there is definitely some merit to your statement though I am not a widow, I am fro...
(Quote) Kris-876181 said:

John, I believe there is definitely some merit to your statement though I am not a widow, I am from the divorced and annulled group. I really never thought about the likelihood of getting married again after the atrocity of my marriage that lasted less than 4 years which was of course , supposed to last a lifetime. Howevr, very recently, as I have watched my parents and other happily married couples age into their 80's something has stirred in me that makes me at least want to consider the idea of companionship and male friendships again. The idea of marriage is still something I am leaving up to the Lord. I made a lousy choice the first time!!

--hide--
Agreed. True for me too.

07/19/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Sure .As long as it excludes a nagging wife wit...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Sure .As long as it excludes a nagging wife with a honey do list!

I'm looking for a woman who wants to wrinkle the the bed coverings after they've just been made.Any takers?

--hide--

wave Battling eyelashes

07/19/2012 new

I'd like to get married. I'd like to find a compatible man (we "get" each other) who I love and who loves me as we lead each other to Heaven. Sunrise
Who would gently remind me when to say "who" and when to say "whom". I forget sometimes.

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) Philomena-687435 said: Hi Pat; I am over 57. Honestly, I am still grieving over my late husband, but recently I ...
(Quote) Philomena-687435 said:

Hi Pat;
I am over 57. Honestly, I am still grieving over my late husband, but recently I started to think that he doesn't want me to be alone and sad. I remember once he told me, he didn't want me to be like Francesaca (one of our friends who lost her husband 22 years ago and still grieving and forgot to live her life). I feel so sad when I go to church and other places where couples are holding hands, exchange peace with kiss and hug etc.
I did my soul searching, and decided to sign up with CM to find that special person. I do not want any big wedding or parties at all. I want to get marry in the Catholic church with God's blessings and lead a simple committed life for the rest of my life.

Being a strong catholic I don't see or believe in anything else other than getting married to a strong catholic man like my late husband. I follow 7/7 of Church teachings. Idon't know whether I will meet anyone here in CT, but hope and pray for the right person. I am not against the divorced, because I am sure they had enough reasons for doing it. Eventhough I love children (have many neices and nephews), Iam afraid to get involve with someone who have kids at home, because either they may not like me or I don't know how to take care of them. I do not want to be a road block between the children and my future spouse. So I prefer somewone who is a widower, annulled or never married withut having kids at home.
If it is that God wants for me it will happen, if not I am learing to live alone with His grace. I am keeping every CM member in my prayers.
Philomena

--hide--
Just because the kids aren't at home anymore doesn't guarantee happiness and harmony. Some "adult" children just can't accept the fact that their parent might be in love with another person and they go out of their way to do everything possible to undermine the relationship. When the attacks got personal and painful, I just backed away. I have since made peace in my life, thanks to God and the thought that maybe it never was meant to be.

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) John-577176 said: I am on this site because I am looking and do not want to spend the rest of mu life alone. ...
(Quote) John-577176 said:

I am on this site because I am looking and do not want to spend the rest of mu life alone.

..... I have met a very interesting woman on this site. Met her last Sunday and spent 4 hours with her. Had

a wonderful time. We will get together again in a few days

--hide--
Hi John, How did it go for you ? Did you get together ?

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) Donald-585826 said: Well I certainly want to get married and I am very serious in trying to find someone. T...
(Quote) Donald-585826 said:

Well I certainly want to get married and I am very serious in trying to find someone. The problem I have been having at least as I see it is the majority of ladies my age be it here on CM or the secular sites are divorced. There's nothing wrong with this as I don't know the circumstance of the divorce and so I don't want to judge them, in fact, I am happy to meet someone who is divorced and develop a relationship with them and I more than willing to meet a never married or widowed provided there is a mutual interest in doing so. However, I don't think the reverse is true. I'm really starting to be convinced that the women here are not interested in a loving relationship that would lead to marriage with a terrific Catholic man especially one who has never been married or hasn't been in a long term relationship. Maybe I'm wrong.

--hide--
Yep, I think you are wrong Donald. I think we women are as confused as you men on this issue. My best advice is keep trying. To use a football maxim, "the only way to get a touchdown is to be in the ballgame."

07/22/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: There have been a few fun threads dealing with fantasizing about proposal/wedding/etc and dream...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

There have been a few fun threads dealing with fantasizing about proposal/wedding/etc and dream house. The question I have here though is - for most of the over 55 crowd is this just a dream? I think more women are serious about finding a marriage partner/soulmate, but don't know the male point of view on this as much. On the secular sites, it appears to me that most men are just "browsing" so to speak. (Obviously I don't know what women are doing there). On this site, I've seen a couple over 55 men state they want to marry, but I haven't heard of many of the over-55 women ending up in serious relationships here leading to marriage.

I guess the real question I would ask then is do you really want to get married, and when do you see that happening? Are there obstacles that are keeping you from finding/connecting to that special someone? How much effort/energy are you putting into it? And, does it make a difference, if you are never married, divorced/annulled, or widowed?

More people in these older years are now widowed. And, although, I've talked to several widowers and even met/dated two in the last couple years, I get the impression that they are more "testing the waters" so to speak - not really ready or wanting to get into a serious relationship leading to marriage - perhaps still grieving their loss. Some have actually said that to me. So, Is that impression true or is it just the men I've talked to? (Obviously, I don't know what's happening with the women that are widowed.)

--hide--
Hi Patricia, good question ! my answer is not even remotely. God Bless , Sheila

07/22/2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi Patricia, good question ! my answer is not even remotely. God Bless , Sheila
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi Patricia, good question ! my answer is not even remotely. God Bless , Sheila

--hide--

Hi Sheila, I think you may be the first person here to give a definite no to the question. I'm just curious, if you want to share, as to why you would not want to get married (since you're on a Catholic dating match site)?

Posts 71 - 80 of 200