Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Hello everyone… It's been a long time since I posted in the fora. Now, more than a full year after I joined Catholic match, my search has come to an end… I found the lady that I plan to marry. Her first, and only, marriage ended almost 20 years ago in divorce… so an annulment of it will be needed. She is Protestant, but plans on converting to Catholicism… We would like to get married next spring, but I am concerned about what type of annulment will be required. Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? Her grounds for the dvorce were repeated infidelity, as well as other sorry deeds, including abandonment of her and their three children. The prospect that the 18 month procedure may be required is a corcern at my age....
07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Allen-704984 said: Hello everyone… It's been a long time since I posted in the fora. Now, more than a full year ...
(Quote) Allen-704984 said: Hello everyone… It's been a long time since I posted in the fora. Now, more than a full year after I joined Catholic match, my search has come to an end… I found the lady that I plan to marry. Her first, and only, marriage ended almost 20 years ago in divorce… so an annulment of it will be needed. She is Protestant, but plans on converting to Catholicism… We would like to get married next spring, but I am concerned about what type of annulment will be required. Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? Her grounds for the dvorce were repeated infidelity, as well as other sorry deeds, including abandonment of her and their three children. The prospect that the 18 month procedure may be required is a corcern at my age....
--hide--

The best thing to do, Allen, is to ask your parish priest what is necessary. He'd be the best person who would know. And the process is different for everyone .... 18 months is just a ballpark amount of time. Given what you've mentioned are her grounds for an annulment, the repeated infidelity alone might move things along faster than not, but I'm no canon lawyer. Talk with your parish priest and he ought to guide you properly.

Congratulations on finding your match! knight-errant princess heart heartbeat rose

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: The best thing to do, Allen, is to ask your parish priest what is necessary. He'd ...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

The best thing to do, Allen, is to ask your parish priest what is necessary. He'd be the best person who would know. And the process is different for everyone .... 18 months is just a ballpark amount of time. Given what you've mentioned are her grounds for an annulment, the repeated infidelity alone might move things along faster than not, but I'm no canon lawyer. Talk with your parish priest and he ought to guide you properly.

Congratulations on finding your match!

--hide--

Thanks Mary Alice, she will speak tomorrow to a person desinated by the Parish to answer such questions... And Thanks, the match is near perfect! lovestruck!

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Allen-704984 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: The best thing to do, Allen, is to a...
(Quote) Allen-704984 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Congratulations on finding your match!

. . . Thanks, the match is near perfect!

--hide--

Good for you, Allen .... so glad to hear it clap clap clap heart heartbeat

07/16/2012 new

(Quote) Allen-704984 said: Hello everyone… It's been a long time since I posted in the fora. Now, more than a full year ...
(Quote) Allen-704984 said: Hello everyone… It's been a long time since I posted in the fora. Now, more than a full year after I joined Catholic match, my search has come to an end… I found the lady that I plan to marry. Her first, and only, marriage ended almost 20 years ago in divorce… so an annulment of it will be needed. She is Protestant, but plans on converting to Catholicism… We would like to get married next spring, but I am concerned about what type of annulment will be required. Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? Her grounds for the dvorce were repeated infidelity, as well as other sorry deeds, including abandonment of her and their three children. The prospect that the 18 month procedure may be required is a corcern at my age....
--hide--

If she was married to a non-Catholic, the "full" annulment will be necessary: the requirement for cannical form applies only when at least one spouse is Catholic (the short annulment process can only be used when the required canonical form was absent).

07/16/2012 new

--hide--

Have a Southern Baptist friend (who by the way is a better Catholic than most Catholics I know) met a Irish Catholic girl (both in their mid 40s) and his prior marriage had to go to the Tribunal for a full blown annulment! They had to delay the wedding at least once and it looked like it might have had to be delayed a 2nd almost!

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: If she was married to a non-Catholic, the "full" annulment will be necessary: t...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

If she was married to a non-Catholic, the "full" annulment will be necessary: the requirement for cannical form applies only when at least one spouse is Catholic (the short annulment process can only be used when the required canonical form was absent).

--hide--

You are right as usual Jerry...

Some useful links:

www.ssjohnandpaul.org

www.catholicdos.org

www.americancatholic.org

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Allen-704984 said: You are right as usual Jerry... Some useful links: http://www.ssjohnandpau...
(Quote) Allen-704984 said:

You are right as usual Jerry...

Some useful links:

www.ssjohnandpaul.org

www.catholicdos.org

www.americancatholic.org

--hide--

Allen..If you can determine if one or both were never baptized that may help too..

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Allen..If you can determine if one or both were never baptized that may help too..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Allen..If you can determine if one or both were never baptized that may help too..

--hide--

Thanks Donna... I know she was baptized, but not sure about the ex-husband... will find out.

Also, awaiting a return call from the Parish...

Thanks for the replies everyone...

07/17/2012 new

This website has good information about the annulment process.

www.arlingtondiocese.org

Posts 1 - 10 of 13