Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

How important is the picture? Most people are not photogenic, I am refering to a decision to meet someon. I feel that most people are better looking in person. We are all visual and when we see a pic think " he/she looks nice" I am wondering really " he/she looks nice but are they? I have been pleasantly surprised on how most of the people I have met here on CM .... are much better looking in person and there picture do not do them justice . So does this mean that our nature to judge by how someone looks in a picture is wrong? I would like some input.
Wishing everybody a blessed day! rebeca

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Rebeca-376975 said: How important is the picture? Most people are not photogenic, I am refering to a decision to mee...
(Quote) Rebeca-376975 said:

How important is the picture? Most people are not photogenic, I am refering to a decision to meet someon. I feel that most people are better looking in person. We are all visual and when we see a pic think " he/she looks nice" I am wondering really " he/she looks nice but are they? I have been pleasantly surprised on how most of the people I have met here on CM .... are much better looking in person and there picture do not do them justice . So does this mean that our nature to judge by how someone looks in a picture is wrong? I would like some input.

--hide--

I always thought a picture was worth a thousand words. wink No photo could ever replace meeting someone in person. But since we are online the best we can do is provide a photo, infact I think it makes all the difference. The more photos a person has of themselves the better and helps to provide a more visual experience until a face to face meeting can be arranged. I am going to use an analogy, imagine you're looking for a new car in the paper. The more photos of the car the better chances of a sale. Of course, every analogy has its short comings.

07/17/2012 new

(Quote) Rebeca-376975 said: How important is the picture? Most people are not photogenic, I am refering to a decision to mee...

--hide--

I think a photo will ignite an initial interest. I don't put much weight in a photo since I know for myself I am not photogenic. I do look at the age listed for the person in the photo and will say next if there is a noticable age difference in the photo.

07/17/2012 new

How important is the picture? Most people are not photogenic, I am refering to a decision to meet someon.

--hide--

For me, a profile picture is just a rough indicator that I may or may not be interested. I agree that the majority of the women I have met have nice looking pictures and were even better looking in person, not that it means much in the long term. But I've seen some where the profile picture was clearly a woman 10 - 15 years younger than any of the scrapboook photos. And then there was and one... Let's just say that it that could NOT have been the same woman I met in person.

07/17/2012 new

I think photos are important to give a general idea of the person's appearance, but I don't get too hung up on photos, unless I'm the photographer. cool

07/18/2012 new

--hide--

I'm not photogenic at all. The pictures I have just here on CM happen to have turned out well. I haven't met anyone here yet so I'm glad you've been pleasantly suprised. I hope someone feels that way about me.

07/18/2012 new

Donald I agree with you however with that analogy how about if it does not have a motor or does not run... lol

07/18/2012 new

(Quote) Rebeca-376975 said: Donald I agree with you however with that analogy how about if it does not have a motor or does ...

Donald I agree with you however with that analogy how about if it does not have a motor or does not run... lol

--hide--

Well I said every analogy has it's short comings.

07/18/2012 new

Josephine,
Yes I have been pleasantly surprised I think in general it is rare those that are good at taking pics.

07/18/2012 new

so true Donald you made me laugh , it would be great if we were all photogenic and people could really see our personality in pics ....

Posts 1 - 10 of 17