Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Olympic Debauchery

07/19/2012 new

The organizers have a standing order of 100,000 condoms for the Olympic Village.

ESPN has a story about the orgy-like atmosphere among athletes:

espn.go.com

“Quickly the reality sinks in that the village is "just a magical, fairy-tale place, like Alice in Wonderland, where everything is possible," says Carrie Sheinberg, an alpine skier at the '94 Winter Games and a reporter for subsequent Olympics. "You could win a gold medal and you can sleep with a really hot guy."”

and

“London-bound Olympians dreaming of the possibilities. "My last Olympics, I had a girlfriend -- big mistake," Lochte says. "Now I'm single, so London should be really good. I'm excited."”

What a healthy attitude! rolling eyes

07/21/2012 new

Thank you for the link, Cathy. That sounds pretty disgusting.

I pray that Olympic athletes will have the courage to resist the sexual temptations described.

07/23/2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: The organizers have a standing order of 100,000 condoms for the Olympic Village. ESPN has ...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

The organizers have a standing order of 100,000 condoms for the Olympic Village.

espn.go.com

“Quickly the reality sinks in that the village is "just a magical, fairy-tale place, like Alice in Wonderland, where everything is possible," says Carrie Sheinberg, an alpine skier at the '94 Winter Games and a reporter for subsequent Olympics. "You could win a gold medal and you can sleep with a really hot guy."”

and

“London-bound Olympians dreaming of the possibilities. "My last Olympics, I had a girlfriend -- big mistake," Lochte says. "Now I'm single, so London should be really good. I'm excited."”

What a healthy attitude!

--hide--

I just heard that statistics today as well.. SO sad... Here is a story also of London poking fun of the Americans.. Why is there so much name calling these days.. If you go to the videos.. there is the issue of how many condoms are handed out.. I sure hope and pray for these athletes.. I would think they have enough to think about.. why ruin their bodies and risk getting a sexually transmitted disease.. not to mention risk their soul. God Bless these athletes ... Praying rosary theheart
sports.yahoo.com

07/23/2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: The organizers have a standing order of 100,000 condoms for the Olympic Village. ESPN has ...

espn.go.com

and

What a healthy attitude!

--hide--
Lord poor your Holy Spirit among our athletes.

Lord Jesus Christ son of the Father,

Send down you Holy Spirt throughout the world,

so we may preserved from degeneration,disaster and war,

Lady of all Nations who once was Mary be our Advocate.

Amen. Praying

07/24/2012 new

THIS is so sad. SO SAD. sad

08/02/2012 new
Is this the ONLY thread dedicated to the Olympics? Idiots exist in every walk of life. I personally think its pretty cool that the O Games are in London. I've even met a couple of great CM members in ole London town. Remind me to tell you about my experience at Harry's bar. :)
08/02/2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Is this the ONLY thread dedicated to the Olympics? Idiots exist in every walk of life. I personally think its pret...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Is this the ONLY thread dedicated to the Olympics? Idiots exist in every walk of life. I personally think its pretty cool that the O Games are in London. I've even met a couple of great CM members in ole London town. Remind me to tell you about my experience at Harry's bar. :)
--hide--
There's a thread in the Regional Interest room.
08/06/2012 new

espn.go.com

and

What a healthy attitude!

--hide--

Whie we tend to idolize many of the athletes, if we were to take a look at the culture of sports in our country I don't think it would be very flattering. Many talented young athletes have their lives ruined by adults who cater to their every whim simply because they have the potential to be a star athlete. it is really sad when you see what happens to many of them.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8