Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Being older helps us weed out those who aren't the one. There are so few of us (as opposed to our you...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Being older helps us weed out those who aren't the one. There are so few of us (as opposed to our youth) who are available and seriously seeking Sacramental Marriage. I guess the real question is, will we find him or her? Who knows, but just look at all the wonderful folks we've met along the way!
--hide--

Cindy,

I totally agree. I am old and getting older. Getting your first Medicare Card makes you realize the years they are a-passing. Facts are facts. It has nothing to do with age being a state of mind.

When you get our age and have lost so many friends as I have, you realize the days are getting away. This does not depress me as I live each day to do my best to serve Our Lord and Savior. If marriage is in my future - great. If not, it has been a nice ride. Younger people look at life at their present age. They don't have much life experience to compare. I hope I can live many, many, many more years. That is if I am able to still take care of myself.

As I look back on life, I proudly served my country for two years when they called during the Vietnam era, volunteered and continue to volunteer countless thousands of hours to the church and various other charities, been part of the church ministry since my teens, served on various church committees, and through the years enrolled in several hundred hours of Scripture study.

I have made some great friends, married for nearly 17 years which produced two beautiful children. Both have their master's degrees and doing well. My daughter and son-in-law have blessed me with two lovely grandchildren. I love each and every day of life. So, God has more than blessed me. I am not bragging but facts are facts.

I know as time progresses, I may not always remember and will have to ask - who dat? laughing Who knows - one night I may be in a restaurant when a lovely lady comes up and asks if she can buy my dinner? I will say - sho nuff. I will then rise, pull her chair out and request her to park it right here. laughing We will have a great time. Oh, yes - I forgot to mention I love to fantasize.

In the meantime, I will continue to love and laugh each day and realize that some of us are going to have wrinkles that were absent 20 years ago, maybe not as mobile and not a waist size 32 as I was for many years. I continue to grow but that growth is more horizontal instead of vertical.

I feel we create our happiness and we create our unhappiness. First and foremost, I will continue my addiction of loving and serving my Lord and Savior the best way I know how. By doing that, I will remain happy each and every day along with laughing and jostling with the ladies until they say enough is enough.

Those are the facts - unblemished and true.

Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Well, I think this is a depressing topic. I turned 45 this year and can now be in this room offi...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Well, I think this is a depressing topic. I turned 45 this year and can now be in this room officially....can't say as I'm too happy about that since I'm still alone. With all this stuff going on in Colorado....people so angry they do such horrid things....with being forced to pay for murdering babies this year directly now...with just so much going on everywhere....it would just be sooooo nice to have someone on a daily bases to wade through the trials, holding hands.....

--hide--
Cheryl, I don't think it's the age that's bothering you as much as the loneliness. That's something we have to combat ourselves while we are in that state. We can't control most of what's happening, but we can control our attitude. Years ago, we thought about the "happily ever after" more than the "until death do us part." And then, the reality sets in -- that day comes.

What to do after that? Once we get out of the doldrums, we are free to sink or swim. Leon found his way by his dedication to volunteer work, and spending time with other family members (still his priority).

We can come to value our personal time by ourselves, and learn to appreciate certain elements of it -- the fact we can just have silence; we can turn up the volume of the music we're hearing without disturbing anyone; we can socialize; and many other things. Yes, it's a fact that it can hurt when there's no one there to hold hands with, or share personal conversation -- there's nothing that can replace those things. But....there's also no doubt that the time can be put to good use. No matter what our marital status might be, each of us needs some down time. It's good for the soul.

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Cindy,I totally agree. I am old and getting older. Getting your first Medicare Car...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Cindy,

I totally agree. I am old and getting older. Getting your first Medicare Card makes you realize the years they are a-passing. Facts are facts. It has nothing to do with age being a state of mind.

When you get our age and have lost so many friends as I have, you realize the days are getting away. This does not depress me as I live each day to do my best to serve Our Lord and Savior. If marriage is in my future - great. If not, it has been a nice ride. Younger people look at life at their present age. They don't have much life experience to compare. I hope I can live many, many, many more years. That is if I am able to still take care of myself.

As I look back on life, I proudly served my country for two years when they called during the Vietnam era, volunteered and continue to volunteer countless thousands of hours to the church and various other charities, been part of the church ministry since my teens, served on various church committees, and through the years enrolled in several hundred hours of Scripture study.

I have made some great friends, married for nearly 17 years which produced two beautiful children. Both have their master's degrees and doing well. My daughter and son-in-law have blessed me with two lovely grandchildren. I love each and every day of life. So, God has more than blessed me. I am not bragging but facts are facts.

I know as time progresses, I may not always remember and will have to ask - who dat? Who knows - one night I may be in a restaurant when a lovely lady comes up and asks if she can buy my dinner? I will say - sho nuff. I will then rise, pull her chair out and request her to park it right here. We will have a great time. Oh, yes - I forgot to mention I love to fantasize.

In the meantime, I will continue to love and laugh each day and realize that some of us are going to have wrinkles that were absent 20 years ago, maybe not as mobile and not a waist size 32 as I was for many years. I continue to grow but that growth is more horizontal instead of vertical.

I feel we create our happiness and we create our unhappiness. First and foremost, I will continue my addiction of loving and serving my Lord and Savior the best way I know how. By doing that, I will remain happy each and every day along with laughing and jostling with the ladies until they say enough is enough.

Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings always,

Leon

--hide--
Leon -- I still have a 32 inch waist. It's just that the tape measure doesn't stop there..... laughing

Thanks for the good toughts..... biggrin

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Cindy,I totally agree. I am old an...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Cindy,

I know as time progresses, I may not always remember and will have to ask - who dat? Who knows - one night I may be in a restaurant when a lovely lady comes up and asks if she can buy my dinner? I will say - sho nuff. I will then rise, pull her chair out and request her to park it right here. We will have a great time. Oh, yes - I forgot to mention I love to fantasize.

Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings always,

Leon

Leon -- I still have a 32 inch waist. It's just that the tape measure doesn't stop there.....

Thanks for the good toughts.....

--hide--

Ray,

As I tell others, I still can buy a size 32. It is just I can't wear them. laughing

Under the circumstances, I pray life is going well for you.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

07/21/2012 new

Cindy, I concur with your statement that it may help us week out those who arn't the one. My experience exactly. I'm amazed at the number of older adults who are Players that is wanting a relationship with no committment. I want a sacramental marriage to play in. I was married to a wonderful man for 44 years, my soulmate, but I believe that I can find another. I have made some good friends along the way too. Good luck in your search. Pray for me and I'll pray for you.
Carole

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: When we were young, we all had visions of meeting our mate and growing old together. Some of us ev...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

When we were young, we all had visions of meeting our mate and growing old together. Some of us even met someone (or two or three), thinking we found “the one.” But surprise, surprise, here we all are.

When we were in our 20’s, 30’s and even 40‘s, our bodies had not changed much and we had youth and hormones to help us attract a mate. But a funny thing happened sometime in 50’s – it’s a little harder to keep the extra pounds off, things that never used to hurt, start to ache a little, our becomes a little grayer (or a little bit goner) and it is not quite as easy to attract a mate. Of course, I’M not getting older, but all of YOU are! At least that is how all of us like to see things, even though we know it is not true. (Of course, I’m still a sucker for a great smile – some things never change.) We and the kids in the singles room all imagined growing old together with that young, attractive, person that exists in their 30’s or 40’s. But that's not how it works and they many not even end up look as look as good as we do in their 50’s and 60’s

What do you all think? Can you look past the years, into the heart of that person you are about to meet for the first time and see the young kid who is still in there? Even though it is 30 or 40 years later, can you imagine growing old together - starting now?

--hide--

Love knows no age or time .

The lover only knows that the beloved is the ONE he (she) wants to spend the rest of his (her) life with.

07/21/2012 new

I find myself amazed by how old some guys look who are my age. I am beginning to realize that I am "getting old" even though I don't really feel "that old". I do find myself attracted to guys - or maybe I should say men - my age who appear to be involved in life rather than letting it pass them by. I thinkg that is part of what I see in some of those "older looking" faces.
I just love seeing those couples that have been married for 30, 40, 50 or more years where the guy still is reaching for his wife and that share that "special look" at each other during conversations. I wonder what their special look/connection was and is drivne by - trust, respect, comfort, commitment, shared good and bad times, etc. I would love to ask them but of course don't. As you mentioned, I thought I had found someting like that but.... How nice it would be to find that with someone.

07/21/2012 new

First post alert.

Welcome, Miriam, to the forums. wave

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: I'm so sorry you see this as depressing. Seeing those people at Mass and hearing about...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

I'm so sorry you see this as depressing. Seeing those people at Mass and hearing about Anne Marie's neighbors gives me hope that God can still send the right person my way. I pray that I can see past the physical and into the soul. It's kinda freeing when you think about it. We can be ourselves and know that the person we are meant to be with will truly love us for who we are, not how we look.

--hide--

So true, John .... I agree with you .... I've met a few "face men" over the years (good-looking guys) ... and they had turned out to be some of THE most obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, arrogant, and really insecure guys I've ever met. None of us have much control over the outer shell, but we do have all the control in the world over our inner/interior makeup ... properly developing our intellects, consciences, and souls to please God, first, and bring joy and happiness (blessedness) to others. Others are drawn to that inner quality if it is Godly.

Just MHO ... smile

07/21/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Leon -- I still have a 32 inch waist. It's just that the tape measure doesn't stop there......
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Leon -- I still have a 32 inch waist. It's just that the tape measure doesn't stop there.....

Thanks for the good toughts.....

--hide--
laughing laughing You and Leon are two of the most enjoyable gents a woman could ever hope for!

Too bad God didn't make us for polygamy--I'd take one of each of you!! knight-errant knight-errant Battling eyelashes Battling eyelashes

Posts 21 - 30 of 57