Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/24/2012 new
(Quote) John-666618 said: When we were young, we all had visions of meeting our mate and growing old together. Some of us even met someon...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

When we were young, we all had visions of meeting our mate and growing old together. Some of us even met someone (or two or three), thinking we found “the one.” But surprise, surprise, here we all are.

When we were in our 20’s, 30’s and even 40‘s, our bodies had not changed much and we had youth and hormones to help us attract a mate. But a funny thing happened sometime in 50’s – it’s a little harder to keep the extra pounds off, things that never used to hurt, start to ache a little, our becomes a little grayer (or a little bit goner) and it is not quite as easy to attract a mate. Of course, I’M not getting older, but all of YOU are! At least that is how all of us like to see things, even though we know it is not true. (Of course, I’m still a sucker for a great smile – some things never change.) We and the kids in the singles room all imagined growing old together with that young, attractive, person that exists in their 30’s or 40’s. But that's not how it works and they many not even end up look as look as good as we do in their 50’s and 60’s

What do you all think? Can you look past the years, into the heart of that person you are about to meet for the first time and see the young kid who is still in there? Even though it is 30 or 40 years later, can you imagine growing old together - starting now?

--hide--

ready... set... and... GO!!!!
08/02/2012 new

We are all going to grow old (If we are blessed enough to live that long). Why not do it with someone else? Either way I'm going to enjoy the ride. And if I'm not one that lives long enough to be old, I'll hopefully still be having a good time soomewhere else, God willing. It's a win win situation. My motto:Wherever I go that's where the part is at!!

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Beverly,Once again, your words are so very kind. Each post I share, I picture myse...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Beverly,

Once again, your words are so very kind. Each post I share, I picture myself in a room with other posters. What would I say and how would I reply to the topic? I must admit though I have a bad habit of hijacking threads but hope in a good way.

I know Ray also appreciates your kind words but not sure he wishes to be equated with yours truly. His posts have always set the bar very high. One day I may reach that pinnacle but probably not.

Regarding suspenders - I have never worn them and don't care to but some have made it a fashion statement as in the case of Larry King. On the right person, they can be a wonderful complement to their attire. For me, I need to strive to get my waist back into at least the high 30s.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Hi Leon -wave

As always thank you for your kind words. Just so you know I am getting one date closer to my prince (at least that is what I keep telling myself) - lol. I just went on a BOGO - two dates two days apart with the same guy but like all the others they want to keep looking - that is ok . I do not do arrogance very well. So I have dated the never marrieds - two somewhat long term relationships. Moved onto the divorced eyepopping and now I am mousing (yes I have reached out to him first - so what) with a widowed man with 8 children (he is handsome) and appears to be quite a catch - maybe this is what I need a loving man - who loved his wife until her final days. I love big families as I am part of one myself - my dad had 17 siblings and I have 10 siblings - so I do get the big family and all that it has to offer.

I do have hope and I know that I will be a good catch for someone - I am fun, funny, have a big heart, love children, work hard, not high maintenance, can make it on my own, solid in my faith, do not like drama nor do I create drama.

So anyways Leon if you would quit having those dern birthdays so I can catch up I would greatly appreciate it hug

As always Love and hug hug from Minnesota,

Nancy

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Beverly,Once again, your words a...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Beverly,

Once again, your words are so very kind. Each post I share, I picture myself in a room with other posters. What would I say and how would I reply to the topic? I must admit though I have a bad habit of hijacking threads but hope in a good way.

I know Ray also appreciates your kind words but not sure he wishes to be equated with yours truly. His posts have always set the bar very high. One day I may reach that pinnacle but probably not.

Regarding suspenders - I have never worn them and don't care to but some have made it a fashion statement as in the case of Larry King. On the right person, they can be a wonderful complement to their attire. For me, I need to strive to get my waist back into at least the high 30s.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Blessings,

Leon

Hi Leon -

As always thank you for your kind words. Just so you know I am getting one date closer to my prince (at least that is what I keep telling myself) - lol. I just went on a BOGO - two dates two days apart with the same guy but like all the others they want to keep looking - that is ok . I do not do arrogance very well. So I have dated the never marrieds - two somewhat long term relationships. Moved onto the divorced and now I am mousing (yes I have reached out to him first - so what) with a widowed man with 8 children (he is handsome) and appears to be quite a catch - maybe this is what I need a loving man - who loved his wife until her final days. I love big families as I am part of one myself - my dad had 17 siblings and I have 10 siblings - so I do get the big family and all that it has to offer.

I do have hope and I know that I will be a good catch for someone - I am fun, funny, have a big heart, love children, work hard, not high maintenance, can make it on my own, solid in my faith, do not like drama nor do I create drama.

So anyways Leon if you would quit having those dern birthdays so I can catch up I would greatly appreciate it

As always Love and from Minnesota,

Nancy

--hide--

Ms. Nancy,

Wow, back to back dates two days apart. Way to go. I have to scratch my head to recall when that last happened to yours truly.

I always wanted to be part of a big family but it was not to be. Our Blessed Lord had other plans for this Texan.

You state - "I do have hope and I know that I will be a good catch for someone - I am fun, funny, have a big heart, love children, work hard, not high maintenance, can make it on my own, solid in my faith, do not like drama nor do I create drama". Other than being a good catch for someone, we are on the same page with everything else except one other item - you are a beautiful lady and I am not.

The issue about quit having birthdays - well, the Good Lord had His reasons for me being 65 and you being 49 and He definitely knows what is best for all of us. However Dear Lord, please provide me an outward sign if you wish me to be 15 years younger. I will be waiting for your response. laughing laughing

Loving you also from Texas, Praying hug rose hersheyskiss theheart

Leon

08/12/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: When we were young, we all had visions of meeting our mate and growing old together. Some of us ev...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

When we were young, we all had visions of meeting our mate and growing old together. Some of us even met someone (or two or three), thinking we found “the one.” But surprise, surprise, here we all are.

When we were in our 20’s, 30’s and even 40‘s, our bodies had not changed much and we had youth and hormones to help us attract a mate. But a funny thing happened sometime in 50’s – it’s a little harder to keep the extra pounds off, things that never used to hurt, start to ache a little, our becomes a little grayer (or a little bit goner) and it is not quite as easy to attract a mate. Of course, I’M not getting older, but all of YOU are! At least that is how all of us like to see things, even though we know it is not true. (Of course, I’m still a sucker for a great smile – some things never change.) We and the kids in the singles room all imagined growing old together with that young, attractive, person that exists in their 30’s or 40’s. But that's not how it works and they many not even end up look as look as good as we do in their 50’s and 60’s

What do you all think? Can you look past the years, into the heart of that person you are about to meet for the first time and see the young kid who is still in there? Even though it is 30 or 40 years later, can you imagine growing old together - starting now?

--hide--

John,

Will I be able to see the youthful heart of an older gentlemen... It depends, not on my ability to see but on his ability to reveal himself.

Once when I was about 22, I was standing on a corner waiting to cross. I spotted an elderly couple sitting together on a bench. They were clearly a couple. I thought, "How beautiful... to be in love and to have grown old together." That is what I saw... I saw what appeared to be unconditional love.

Years ago, I was listening to my Granny who was in her ninties. She was an outgoing, friendly, fit woman who had out lived her husband by 29 years. Active until the end (at 93) she lived on the second floor of an apartment building which had 30 steps up to her place. That was her preference.. she wanted a view. I knew much of her life story... the good, the bad and the ugly. But that day, as I listened to her again, I saw her spirit. I saw the 17 year old girl she had been. It was refreshing..endearing and instructive.

When I found myself on the road toward divorce and annulment... her example of confidence in God, her joy, her honesty about loneliness and moments of despair (because most of her generation had passed away.....and she wondered why God left her behind). Her example gave me the inspiration to face my difficulties with courage.

I hope that if I meet a man whom I can respect and I feel affection toward that he is willing to reveal his youthful spirit.

08/12/2012 new

Here is a Seals and Crofts youtube that is appropriate

Enjoy

www.youtube.com

08/13/2012 new

(Quote) LillianTeresa-528523 said:... It depends, not on my ability to see but on his ability to reveal himself.
(Quote) LillianTeresa-528523 said:... It depends, not on my ability to see but on his ability to reveal himself.

--hide--

You are so right. It's something a lot of us need to work on, but I think staying positive is a good way to start.

Posts 51 - 57 of 57