Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Hi Everyone,
I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question ? I think the person requires the whole package. How do you feel ?
Questions or comments... opinions perhaps ?

Jul 22nd 2012 new

I'll just be blunt.. I couldn't sleep with someone I wasn't attracted to.. I can't kiss somebody I'm not attracted to.. My last relationship was in 2009. The man I dated was very good to me, but I wasn't physically attracted to him and I didn't like the way he kissed.. People try to say that you can grow into kissing.. Uhhh..Noooo.. It's either there or it's not.. If it's not, it's never going to be. I didn't date for so many years and I had convinced myself that companionship was enough, in the end I found it wasn't.

Jul 22nd 2012 new

wave I agree with Donna 100%

Jul 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: .. It's either there or it's not.. If it's not, it's never going to be. I didn'...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

.. It's either there or it's not.. If it's not, it's never going to be. I didn't date for so many years and I had convinced myself that companionship was enough, in the end I found it wasn't.

--hide--

Wisdom gained the "heart" way, right, Donna? goldfish wave

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I'll just be blunt.. I couldn't sleep with someone I wasn't attracted to.. I can't...

I'll just be blunt.. I couldn't sleep with someone I wasn't attracted to.. I can't kiss somebody I'm not attracted to.. My last relationship was in 2009. The man I dated was very good to me, but I wasn't physically attracted to him and I didn't like the way he kissed.. People try to say that you can grow into kissing.. Uhhh..Noooo.. It's either there or it's not.. If it's not, it's never going to be. I didn't date for so many years and I had convinced myself that companionship was enough, in the end I found it wasn't.

--hide--
Amen Donna, Your perspective is astute ! If you can't imagine yourself kissing him, it is the ultimate show stopper. Not now not ever !

BTW, I hope you have been well, you look well !

God Bless,

Sheila Praying rose wave

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: I agree with Donna 100%
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

I agree with Donna 100%

--hide--
Yes Mike, I second that emotion !

God Bless !

Sheila

Jul 23rd 2012 new
I don't understand the segue from non-physical attraction to marriage. Has CM started mail order marriages? LOL
Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I don't understand the segue from non-physical attraction to marriage. Has CM started mail order marr...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I don't understand the segue from non-physical attraction to marriage. Has CM started mail order marriages? LOL
--hide--

Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel that physical attraction isn't important at our age?

Recently there was a discussion in a FB group revolving around that idea that women should look for someone who is kind to them and ignore physical attraction.. It seemed that many of the women thought that physical attraction would develop later.. My reply was based on my last relationship.. Ummmm Noooo.. He could be the nicest guy in the world, but there has to be more than kindness..

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel...

Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel that physical attraction isn't important at our age?

Recently there was a discussion in a FB group revolving around that idea that women should look for someone who is kind to them and ignore physical attraction.. It seemed that many of the women thought that physical attraction would develop later.. My reply was based on my last relationship.. Ummmm Noooo.. He could be the nicest guy in the world, but there has to be more than kindness..

--hide--

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel...

--hide--
theheart
rosary

I would rather be attracted to a husband. However, sometimes I think possibly Christ may be calling one to find a spouse for His glory, especialy at our age (over 50) or so, to come together for a companion relationship for a purpose over and above physical attraction.

Wondering about this, I tend to feel more comfortable with living the rest of my life as a single woman. I work in human services, and many times I find a man is not into that type of life. I enjoy caring for others, and or helping friends that are not Catholic needing help.

I feel lonely at times, and want that man beside me in the morning, to hug before we get out of bed etc.... but then I may have to compromise my way of life for a man that I am physically attracted to.

Priests have relationships with Sisters who help care for the home they live in, and are just companions without a physical attraction.
Could we as Catholic women be called for this type of marriage?

What are your thoughts?theheart rosary
hug

Posts 1 - 10 of 200