Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

10/15/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Since what we're talking about here is the presence of profile photos so the searcher can make...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Since what we're talking about here is the presence of profile photos so the searcher can make a judgment of physical appearance before ever contacting the person, the key is in your first sentence: the impression one has of a person's appearance may be significantly different if they first see the photo after having had some amount of conversation with them.

--hide--

Excuse me Jerry, but the title of the thread is "How does Physical Attraction Affect Marital Satisfaction." That is the issue I addressed.

10/15/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Excuse me Jerry, but the title of the thread is "How does Physical Attraction Affect...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Excuse me Jerry, but the title of the thread is "How does Physical Attraction Affect Marital Satisfaction." That is the issue I addressed.

--hide--

There's no need to excuse yourself: I was agreeing with you.

10/15/2012 new

I think that there are many things that contrubute to Marital Satisfaction that can range from education, phyisical appearance, political affiliation, personal interests and hobbies, religious convictions, sense of humor, just to name a few. I know for me personally I wouldn't feel satisfied with someone who I didn't connect on all levels mentioned and more.

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: There are a variety of reasons people choose not to post photos that have nothing to do w...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

There are a variety of reasons people choose not to post photos that have nothing to do with their impression of their own physical appearance.

--hide--

Certainly true.. If ones own worth of their own physical attractiveness was what mattered, I'd have this for my profile pic.. paper bag

10/27/2012 new

Yes... after reading the various comments, It appears some individuals appear ambivalent regarding the physical appearance prerequisite, while for other's it's a necessity scratchchin wave

10/30/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel that physical attraction isn't important at our age?

Recently there was a discussion in a FB group revolving around that idea that women should look for someone who is kind to them and ignore physical attraction.. It seemed that many of the women thought that physical attraction would develop later.. My reply was based on my last relationship.. Ummmm Noooo.. He could be the nicest guy in the world, but there has to be more than kindness..

--hide--

I think physical attraction is very important at any age and I agree with much of what Donna said on her post. I can't imagine getting intimate with someone I am not attracted to. I think the attraction needs to be there, at any age.

10/31/2012 new

I agree with most of the answers on this topic. But I think that physical attraction is different for everyone. Although I may find someone that I am not completely physically attracted to, after getting to know this person, my attraction may change and grow. Some don't even give others the chance of getting to know them, and that is unfortunate. You don't know what kind of gem you are throwing away. And you don't know if your attraction may change and grow also.

I agree that the initial attraction could be there, but it is not the "ALL"........

10/31/2012 new

(Quote) Deidrah-113713 said: I agree with most of the answers on this topic. But I think that physical attraction is differe...
(Quote) Deidrah-113713 said:

I agree with most of the answers on this topic. But I think that physical attraction is different for everyone. Although I may find someone that I am not completely physically attracted to, after getting to know this person, my attraction may change and grow. Some don't even give others the chance of getting to know them, and that is unfortunate. You don't know what kind of gem you are throwing away. And you don't know if your attraction may change and grow also.

I agree that the initial attraction could be there, but it is not the "ALL"........

--hide--

I agree with your comments Deidrah. Attraction can grow as you get to know the person two cents

11/01/2012 new

(Quote) Jacinta-80503 said: I agree with your comments Deidrah. Attraction can grow as you get to know...
(Quote) Jacinta-80503 said:

I agree with your comments Deidrah. Attraction can grow as you get to know the person

--hide--

It CAN grow, it not necessarily does and if there is no spark, well I agree with Donna's statement ... The beauty of somebody and that persons physical attraction as well as the maturity they are three different things.

11/01/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: It CAN grow, it not necessarily does and if there is no spark, well I agree with Donna&...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

It CAN grow, it not necessarily does and if there is no spark, well I agree with Donna's statement ... The beauty of somebody and that persons physical attraction as well as the maturity they are three different things.

--hide--

Andrea I am not disagreeing with Donna and I am not disagreeing with you either. There has to be some spark/chemistry/maturity. One has to be open. two cents

Posts 141 - 150 of 200