Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi Everyone, I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi Everyone,
I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question ? I think the person requires the whole package. How do you feel ?
Questions or comments... opinions perhaps ?

--hide--
I've encountered many men. I haven't felt that allusive attraction with all of them, however. I happen to know that not all of them felt it in regard to me either. It is strange how it works or doesn't work. I have a great guy friend that I've known for years, and we have discussed the oddity of it. How can you have such a friendship where you can discuss anyuthing and not develop stronger feelings over time? I'm not sure but apparently it is possible because it just isn't happening in regard to this particular friend. I wouldn't want to settle for such a relationship in the state of marriage. I definitely wouldn't want someone to have settled for me in such a manner either. Infact, I was thinking about this topic tonight. Do you want to be WOWed by someone? Do you want to know that someone is really WOWed by you? OR do ya want a realtionship with someone that you are really great friends with and hope that it will develope over time? I choose to be WOWed. I want to WOW someone at some point in my life. God bless youe search everyone! I hope that you are WOWed REALLY SOON!!!!

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi Everyone, I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi Everyone,
I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question ? I think the person requires the whole package. How do you feel ?
Questions or comments... opinions perhaps ?

--hide--
I'm not sure if I answered the question before, so here goes... I think that attraction is an imprtant element within marriage. I want to be attracted to my spouse and I want him to be attracted to me. I want to be attracted to him in what he thinks and how he processes his thoughts. I want to be attracted to how attempts to live out his faith. I want to be attracted to him physically. I want him to be attracted to me in all these ways as well. There will be times when we connect to these elements at differnt levels. I imagine it is important because there are times when we are ill, or not around and all you can get from your spouse is what they share from their mind via their heart. Sometimes all of these factors are shared and sometimes only one or two of them. If they dont exist... I think it would be a horribly lonely existence

Nov 18th 2012 new
Yea! I'm in agreement with you and John AnnMarie!! :-) Although, the other Posts make some sense regarding some importance upon the ' outside' (physical) attraction, the view seems somewhat shallow, being that an 'inner' (spiritual/emotional) attraction is more important, by far, to a lasting relationship! God Bless on this Sunday!!
Nov 18th 2012 new
Yea! I'm in agreement with you and John AnnMarie!! :-) Although, the other Posts make some sense regarding some importance upon the ' outside' (physical) attraction, the view seems somewhat shallow, being that an 'inner' (spiritual/emotional) attraction is more important, by far, to a lasting relationship! God Bless on this Sunday!!
Nov 19th 2012 new
I don't know. I'm not very good looking so it may mean a lot to the other person.
Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Graeme-379437 said: I don't know. I'm not very good looking so it may mean a lot to the other person.
(Quote) Graeme-379437 said: I don't know. I'm not very good looking so it may mean a lot to the other person.
--hide--

Not so at all, Graeme!

Within the beginnings of a beautiful relationship, if one or both judge one another by outward appearances, and by the trivialities of the physical realm...then these individuals in question are not ready for a true and mature relationship. End of story. For those who sincerely possess the gift of God's wisdom, deeply within their hearts, and have built upon this foundation...truly realise that a genuine union ALWAYS starts from within, and NEVER from without. We must be able to develop and share a true unity of heart and soul, which comes only with time, and as we come to know one another more and more. Those who honestly have their own hearts in the right places, realising that true love is found within, will come to find a TRUE, meaningful, and LASTING attraction within EVERY realm of another person, physically as well as spiritually.

So what of it if we do not find someone "instantly attractive"? I have never been a believer in society's concept of "instantaneous physical chemistry", because I, personally, have come to know better through my own experiences. What exists upon the outside, in and of itself, is changing, passing, and transitory. A "real chemistry" must come from within the deepest part of our being...and trust me on this one...once we have established this, everything else falls into place naturally.

Let us then spend our time, and concentrate our efforts upon looking for love where it TRULY lies! Remember, the best of life's blessings are not granted unto us instantly, and they are often the ones which require time, patience, and dedication! But once we come to find them, they are some of the greatest treasures!

Nov 20th 2012 new

I think there definitely needs to be a physical attraction for a relationship to work. The kisses and hugs need to trigger something grand. We're human. God made us this way.

But I also know that great physical attraction, and the romantic elements connected to it, can't save a relationship that is lacking in other areas, such as spiritual, mental, emotional, respect, etc.

Nov 21st 2012 new

John, you said it beautifully! Thank you! But I still need physical attraction, which can come in time.

Dec 10th 2012 new

Lets face it, there has got to be physical attraction to make a relationship work. If I don't like what I'm looking at I usually will not commit. If we are physically concerned with our appearence I am shure we will look for the same in others.

Dec 12th 2012 new

wave Hi Sheila, I love all of your forums. I tried to overlook the physical attraction and have dated what I thought might be different and a change to see if just because I am not attracted that they might have qualities such as Faith, Family, Friends that may make me become attracted to them.

It just doesn't seem to do it for me eyepopping What I mean what I find attractive might be totally different from you. Such as I like redheads and outgoing positive people. They are more attractive to me than physical appearance such as Ryan Reynolds for example, hehe. Someone who takes the time to make you feel like a lady and treats you with respect just gives ya warm fuzzies with their nice, strong hungs:)

There has to be some butterflies I think, for me with someone. Something to make me, and this is subjective, attracted to both physically, emotionally, and more importantly spiritually wink And for Goodness sake, they must be a GOOD Kisser!!! Have you ever had a kiss that just went poof and I you feel like it is more work than it should be. Something from the twilight zone where you would think everyone should know how to kiss crazy laughing laughing laughing

For marital attraction I think there has to be a connection physically definately for both parties biggrin

Posts 151 - 160 of 200